2022 Mock Draft (Post SB; First 2 rounds)

nozzyboi

For a Falcons roster that is devoid of talent, leaving the first two rounds with only 1 potential impact player this draft would make the falcons worse than better. I am not saying I know everything but this feels so far outside the lines for the Falcons. 

Gardner instead of Dean for sure and then we have to fix the line of scrimmage. Falcons are better off being bad and shooting for a QB next year than taking Willis in rd 2 when Ryan isn’t leaving. 

This would be a travesty for Detroit.  We are short on meaningful picks so sending a 3rd to move up for a CB after taking a S would be foolish.  Our CBs actually weren't awful last year and we will get Okudah back.  We definitely could and should add one, but definitely not trade up for one.  Sit tight and draft Burks and then grab Pitre in the second. 

I love Kyle Hamilton but I doubt we could take him over the edge guys.  I wouldn't hate it but would be very skeptical about a safety going top 2.  If we trade down a few picks I'd be ok with it. 

Chenal is another guy I like but not at the top of the 2nd.  His numbers at the combine will determine where he goes so if he runs well, I could see him there at the top of the second but as of now I dont think he is worth that pick.  

For the Chargers I dont hate the players picked but one of those picks needs to be defensive help.

Chargers really need a DT, CB, and edge. Their offense was very good last year but the defense cost them many games and MUST be upgraded heavily.

I'd assume if they went London at 17 they must have let Mike Williams walk in FA. 

TE is a need but one I think they end up going with another stop gap FA with since they used a 3rd last year on a TE and have Parham who is a pretty good receiving TE. 

5 hours ago, Zappaz said:

For the Chargers I dont hate the players picked but one of those picks needs to be defensive help.

Chargers really need a DT, CB, and edge. Their offense was very good last year but the defense cost them many games and MUST be upgraded heavily.

I'd assume if they went London at 17 they must have let Mike Williams walk in FA. 

TE is a need but one I think they end up going with another stop gap FA with since they used a 3rd last year on a TE and have Parham who is a pretty good receiving TE. 

If Lombardi had a notable influence on the draft strategy last year - and where John-boy and Telesco are concerned, I can't be sure - then the investment in McKitty is... interesting.  I don't know that it's telling, but New Orleans brought in a new TE practically every season with Lombardi on staff even when they had Jimmy Graham perennially going to Pro Bowls thanks to Brees.

As a rule, of thumb, I generally loathe the "let someone walk in FA only to turn around and draft their replacement" approach... but that hasn't stopped the Spanesco pair from taking it in the past, from what I recall.  Short of possibly going for a value pick (and I'm not even sure he last to the Chargers' natural pick there on Day 2) in George Pickens, I'm not sure I see a WR who is going to be available to them who really has more of an immediate impact on Herbert than any FA does.  Replacing Williams with Drake seems a bit too like-for-like to really be actual value.

Honest opinion, and I wouldn't guarantee Spanesco would have this much sense (especially two years running), but the Chargers would get more immediate spin out of Penning (to replace Bulaga at ROT and lock both tackle spots down for the foreseeable future) or Sauce Gardner, who gives you guys an amazing amount of flexibility (depth chart wise and cap-wise moving forward, because he could realistically make Chris Harris expendable) even if he's not going into an immaculate scheme-fit going from Cincinnati's scheme to Staley's, though I'm willing to bet on both Staley and Pleasant's ability to adapt to fit the talent presented here.  Plus, if he is able to replicate the kind of success he had in college, it does amazing things for what Asante Samuel Jr. is capable of doing in Staley's scheme.

I don't mind the Hamilton pick at #2 for Detroit. but you lost me after that. Detroit has no reason to move up in the first for a CB They have muliple young CBs for Aubrey Pleasant to develop. If anything, Detroit should be moving back for more picks. Even if they stay at #32, WR Treylon Burks should be their top target in that situation. Then you have them reaching for a LB who is hardly BPA at #34. I can understand trying to take as different approach to these mocks. They get redundant after awhile. But these moves make no sense for the team. 

Cincinnati received: 2022 #9 overall
Denver received: 2022 #31 overall, 2022 3rd round; 2023 1st and 3rd round picks

Feels like this is weighed heavily towards the Bengals, moving up from essentially a 2nd to a top 10 pick should be worth more than 2 late 3rd (almost 4ths) and a 1st. 

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Cincinnati received: 2022 #9 overall
Denver received: 2022 #31 overall, 2022 3rd round; 2023 1st and 3rd round picks

Feels like this is weighed heavily towards the Bengals, moving up from essentially a 2nd to a top 10 pick should be worth more than 2 late 3rd (almost 4ths) and a 1st. 

Well, the Bengals wouldn't make that trade anyway so it doesn't matter. They wouldn't trade 2 1s and 2 3s for a RT. 

29 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Well, the Bengals wouldn't make that trade anyway so it doesn't matter. They wouldn't trade 2 1s and 2 3s for a RT. 

Realistically, this is closer in value to 2 2nds and 2 4th, so it is MOOT. However, trading low round picks (late in those rounds) to protect Burrows for the next decade by drafting Neal would not ne a terrible idea, but I agree CIN wouldn't do it either.