Post Your 2022's 1st Round Mock Draft: No Trades.

DefenseWinsChampionships

Any type of constructive criticism (especially from fans of specific teams) would be both welcomed and appreciated. 

1.) Jacksonville Jaguars: Evan Neal - OT (Alabama).

2.) Detroit Lions: Aidan Hutchinson - EDGE (Michigan).

3.) Houston Texans: Kayvon Thibodeaux - EDGE (Oregon).

4.) New York Jets: Ikem Ekwonu - OG/OT (N.C. State).

5.) New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton - Safety (Notre Dame).

6.) Carolina Panthers: Derek Stingley Jr. - CB (LSU).

7.) New York Giants: Charles Cross - OT (Mississippi State).

8.) Atlanta Falcons: Jermaine Johnson II - EDGE (FSU).

9.) Denver Broncos: Nakobe Dean - LB (Georgia).

10.) New York Jets: Drake London - WR (USC).

11.) Washington: Malik Willis - QB (Liberty).

12.) Minesotta Vikings: George Karlaftis -
EDGE (Purdue).

13.) Cleveland Browns: Garrett Wilson - WR (Ohio State).

14.) Baltimore Ravens: Trevor Penning - OT (Northern Iowa).

15.) Philadelphia Eagles: Sauce Gardner - CB (Cincinnati).

16.) Philadelphia Eagles: Devin Lloyd - LB (Utah).

17.) Los Angeles Chargers: Treylon Burks - WR (Arkansas).

18.) New Orleans Saints: Andrew Booth Jr. - CB (Clemson).

19.) Philadelphia Eagles: David Ojabo - EDGE (Michigan).

20.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Kenny Pickett - QB (Pittsburgh).

21.) N.E Patriots: Trent McDuffie - CB (Washington).

22.) Las Vegas Raiders: Chris Olave - WR (Ohio State).

23.) Arizona Cardinals: Kenyon Green IOL/OT (Texas A&M).

24.) Dallas Cowboys: Jordan Davis - DT (Georgia).

25.) Buffalo Bills: Tyler Linderbaum - Center (Iowa).

26.) Tennessee Titans: Kaiir Elam - CB (Florida).

27.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Matt Corral - QB (Ole' Miss).

28.) Green Bay Packers: Jahan Dotson - WR (Penn State).

29.) Miami Dolphins: Jameson Williams - WR (Alabama).

30.) Kansas City Chiefs: Daxton Hill - Safety (Michigan).

31.) Cincinnati Bengals: Bernhard Raimann -OT (Central Michigan).

32.) Detroit Lions: Sam Howell - QB (UNC).

PS: I didn't forget about the likes of Zion Johnson, Travon Walker and/or Christian Harris (I have all 3 going early 2nd round).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1

I am a HUGE Jermaine Johnson fan and also a FSU fan i would love to have him on the Falcons i just don't think i can pull the trigger at 8 for him though.   If we trad down to late teens or early 20's i'll grab him up there all day long. 

I personally would look at  Sauce, Ojabo, or Linderbaum there at 8 and if we trade down i would look at  Davis DT or Jermaine Johnson DE

17 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I think the Bengals would go Zion over Raimann.  OLr at least I would

Agreed. Bengals should and hope to fix the O-line before the draft. With lots of cap space and a bright future, they should be able to recruit some good ones.

For the draft, CB and 3 technique would be round 1 options. 

18 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Trent McDuffie - CB (Washington).

Pats

need man coverage TM more of zone. He to small IMO not worth a 21st pick. Right position.

Based on your mock I would go with Roger McCreary. Matter of fact I would go with Kyler Gordon over TD who IMO will be a better PRO!

17 hours ago, scar988 said:

Way too early for jermaine Johnson. Give me Ojabo or Sauce. 

Jermaine Johnson II is a much better Edge player than Ojabo (who was privileged to play opposite of Hutchinson).

Jermaine Johnson (2021):

12 games.

70 tackles. 

(17.5 for loss). 

11.5 sacks. 

Vs. 

David Ojabo (2021).

13 games. 

35 tackles.

(12.0 for loss). 

11.0 sacks. 

Classic example of anything you can do I can do better than you.

And unlike Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson isn't a 1 hit wonder. Jermaine Johnson last year of 2020 for Georgia recorded 5.0 sacks and 5 tackles for loss (despite only 7 games played) vs. what did "David Ojabo" do last year? 1 tackle and 0 sacks? 

Put Jermaine Johnson II on Michigan's D-Line and opposite of AIDAN HUTCHINSON and he becomes physically impossible to stop and easily records 100 tackles, 30 tackles for loss and 20+ sacks. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I am a HUGE Jermaine Johnson fan and also a FSU fan i would love to have him on the Falcons i just don't think i can pull the trigger at 8 for him though.   If we trad down to late teens or early 20's i'll grab him up there all day long. 

I personally would look at  Sauce, Ojabo, or Linderbaum there at 8 and if we trade down i would look at  Davis DT or Jermaine Johnson DE

I don't know man. I think he's the best pure Edge defender coming out because not only is he a freak as a pass rusher but he's an absolute DOG against the run. 

I think after the combine (he killed Senior Bowl week) he'll become ranked right up there with both Kayvon and Hutchinson.

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don't know man. I think he's the best pure Edge defender coming out because not only is he a freak as a pass rusher but he's an absolute DOG against the run. 

I think after the combine (he killed Senior Bowl week) he'll become ranked right up there with both Kayvon and Hutchinson.

Im slowly warming up to him at 8 im not sure if he make sit that far up in the end but it'll be one of those i'll be glad we got him a a player but also one of those where i'll be mad we didn't trade down to maybe even 13 to 15 and pick up atleast 1 more pick and take him.  But even without a trade back i won't hate the pick at 8 if it is him.  I do think he might be a better Edge in the end than Ojabo if Ojabo doesn't reach his absolute peak he can get.  Jermaine to me is a much safer pick with a slightly lower ceiling than ojabo but a for sure higher floor.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

As an Eagles fan I'd be thrilled with this outcome. If Sauce somehow fell to 15 I'd be stoked.

Yes. I noticed that while doing my mock draft. 3 1st round picks? This has the potential to become Franchise-Altering for your Eagles Franchise. 

I went Defense x3 only because Dallas has the NFLs #1 Offensive Attack and the only way for Philadelphia to beat them, is to stop them.

(Dallas had games of 41 points and 51 points vs. Philadelphia's D last year). 

7 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Yes. I noticed that while doing my mock draft. 3 1st round picks? This has the potential to become Franchise-Altering for your Eagles Franchise. 

I went Defense x3 only because Dallas has the NFLs #1 Offensive Attack and the only way for Philadelphia to beat them, is to stop them.

(Dallas had games of 41 points and 51 points vs. Philadelphia's D last year). 

I'd be fine with 3 defensive picks in the first round. We need 2 there minimum. And keep in mind that week 18 game vs Dallas we sat all of our starters.