Jump to content

Post Your 2022's 1st Round Mock Draft: No Trades.


DefenseWinsChampionships
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/19/2022 at 10:54 PM, FalconFan13 said:

I am a HUGE Jermaine Johnson fan and also a FSU fan i would love to have him on the Falcons i just don't think i can pull the trigger at 8 for him though.   If we trad down to late teens or early 20's i'll grab him up there all day long. 

I personally would look at  Sauce, Ojabo, or Linderbaum there at 8 and if we trade down i would look at  Davis DT or Jermaine Johnson DE

I agree with Sauce at 8 but I’m afraid Johnson is going to boost himself out of the 2nd round with this performance coming up. I don’t wanna have to take him at 8 but looks like if we want him we may have to if we can’t find a trade down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 1:02 PM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Jermaine Johnson II is a much better Edge player than Ojabo (who was privileged to play opposite of Hutchinson).

Jermaine Johnson (2021):

12 games.

70 tackles. 

(17.5 for loss). 

11.5 sacks. 

Vs. 

David Ojabo (2021).

13 games. 

35 tackles.

(12.0 for loss). 

11.0 sacks. 

Classic example of anything you can do I can do better than you.

And unlike Ojabo, Jermaine Johnson isn't a 1 hit wonder. Jermaine Johnson last year of 2020 for Georgia recorded 5.0 sacks and 5 tackles for loss (despite only 7 games played) vs. what did "David Ojabo" do last year? 1 tackle and 0 sacks? 

Put Jermaine Johnson II on Michigan's D-Line and opposite of AIDAN HUTCHINSON and he becomes physically impossible to stop and easily records 100 tackles, 30 tackles for loss and 20+ sacks. 

Yeah... I'm not a box score scout.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

Yeah... I'm not a box score scout.

I feel like the physical tools of Johnson are impressive and that’s going to boost his stock. His ability to be a classic 4-3 end who can stop the run and rush the passer is very impressive. But the Falcons need a pass rush and I feel like Ojabo has counter moves and that’s rare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I feel like the physical tools of Johnson are impressive and that’s going to boost his stock. His ability to be a classic 4-3 end who can stop the run and rush the passer is very impressive. But the Falcons need a pass rush and I feel like Ojabo has counter moves and that’s rare. 

I feel Johnson is a more well rounded DE right now as far as being able to rush the passer and hold the edge against the run.  I feel Ojabo might have more upside of the 2 in the end but i feel JJ has a much better chance of reaching his upside than ojabo does.  I truthfully think we need to trade down to the late teens or early 20's if we can't get  Hutch, Hamilton, Neal, or Thibs.    Then take the best edge rusher, DT, CB, LB, or Linder available that drops to us in  Ojabo, Johnson, Karlaftis, Davis, Linder, Sauce, Stingley, Dean, Lloyd, Leal, or maybe Willis at QB   I feel one of those will be there for sure that late and we get extra picks which we need.    Outside of those top 4 guys i listed i don't think any of the rest of them are that much better than the other guys in that group i listed thats worth more than extra picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I feel Johnson is a more well rounded DE right now as far as being able to rush the passer and hold the edge against the run.  I feel Ojabo might have more upside of the 2 in the end but i feel JJ has a much better chance of reaching his upside than ojabo does.  I truthfully think we need to trade down to the late teens or early 20's if we can't get  Hutch, Hamilton, Neal, or Thibs.    Then take the best edge rusher, DT, CB, LB, or Linder available that drops to us in  Ojabo, Johnson, Karlaftis, Davis, Linder, Sauce, Stingley, Dean, Lloyd, Leal, or maybe Willis at QB   I feel one of those will be there for sure that late and we get extra picks which we need.    Outside of those top 4 guys i listed i don't think any of the rest of them are that much better than the other guys in that group i listed thats worth more than extra picks.

Problem is we’ve gotta have someone to move with. Philly being the obvious choice with 3 first round picks. But they’ve gotta wanna move too. I’m a FSU fan, I like Johnson as much as the next guy especially given just how bad we’ve been, he was a bright spot. I think Sauce is the real deal and I wouldn’t take Johnson over Sauce for the reason you listed in terms of the depth at the positions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Problem is we’ve gotta have someone to move with. Philly being the obvious choice with 3 first round picks. But they’ve gotta wanna move too. I’m a FSU fan, I like Johnson as much as the next guy especially given just how bad we’ve been, he was a bright spot. I think Sauce is the real deal and I wouldn’t take Johnson over Sauce for the reason you listed in terms of the depth at the positions. 

Im gonna be honest im willing to move with anyone and even move twice if need be lol.  To me Sauce by himself is solid he's around a 10 to 15 pick for me player wise in this draft Johnson is probably a 15 to 25 pick to me.  Both are close enough to me that if someone offers me say 15 + a 2nd or 15 + 2 3rd's im making that move all day long and taking Johnson + that extra pick over Sauce and not thinking twice about it.    Heck something like 12 + a 3rd and 5th and im taking that deal still.   I like Sauce but he's not even my #1 CB in this draft which is stingley and even then i don't value Stingley that much more than Sauce or any of the other guys i listed.   Realistically after those 4 guys at the top of the draft i listed i have everyone from say 5 to 20 in a tier 2 all very similar in value to me as players so any pick in the 1st 3 rounds added in a trade down im good with if the value is right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im gonna be honest im willing to move with anyone and even move twice if need be lol.  To me Sauce by himself is solid he's around a 10 to 15 pick for me player wise in this draft Johnson is probably a 15 to 25 pick to me.  Both are close enough to me that if someone offers me say 15 + a 2nd or 15 + 2 3rd's im making that move all day long and taking Johnson + that extra pick over Sauce and not thinking twice about it.    Heck something like 12 + a 3rd and 5th and im taking that deal still.   I like Sauce but he's not even my #1 CB in this draft which is stingley and even then i don't value Stingley that much more than Sauce or any of the other guys i listed.   Realistically after those 4 guys at the top of the draft i listed i have everyone from say 5 to 20 in a tier 2 all very similar in value to me as players so any pick in the 1st 3 rounds added in a trade down im good with if the value is right.

See I think it’s Sauce by miles and I would take him over any CB last year too. 6’3” corners who cover like that aren’t ever coming around again on top of the fact the kid NEVER gave anything up in all his time in college. Stingley is anything but special imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

See I think it’s Sauce by miles and I would take him over any CB last year too. 6’3” corners who cover like that aren’t ever coming around again on top of the fact the kid NEVER gave anything up in all his time in college. Stingley is anything but special imo. 

I don't think Stingley is that special either i don't view none of the CB's this year as special i see them all in the 1st round as very good CB's but nothing i would take over alot of the other guys in the top 20 players + extra early round picks.   Hamilton, Hutch, Thibs, Neal, and maybe Ekwonu would be my special players above everyone else that i wouldn't move off 8 for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I feel like the physical tools of Johnson are impressive and that’s going to boost his stock. His ability to be a classic 4-3 end who can stop the run and rush the passer is very impressive. But the Falcons need a pass rush and I feel like Ojabo has counter moves and that’s rare. 

Johnson has great physical tools, but so does Ojabo. Ojabo has more of a 3-4 OLB build and style in his game and Johnson is more of a 4-3 guy. The Falcons run more of a 3-4 and that's going to make Ojabo higher on the Falcons board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Johnson has great physical tools, but so does Ojabo. Ojabo has more of a 3-4 OLB build and style in his game and Johnson is more of a 4-3 guy. The Falcons run more of a 3-4 and that's going to make Ojabo higher on the Falcons board. 

I agree but I don’t believe Ojabo physically can keep up with Johnson in terms of pure size and build. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a B+ But in terms of ideal, Johnson is an A. 
 

I’m not against Ojabo at all, again I think what he has that’s special is he has counter moves. That is rare in college to have someone with such limited playtime have such advanced toolkit. 
 

Johnson sets the edge in the run game better than anyone since Watt and still has a good pass rush skill. But is that prototype 4-3 LDE. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

I agree but I don’t believe Ojabo physically can keep up with Johnson in terms of pure size and build. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a B+ But in terms of ideal, Johnson is an A. 
 

I’m not against Ojabo at all, again I think what he has that’s special is he has counter moves. That is rare in college to have someone with such limited playtime have such advanced toolkit. 
 

Johnson sets the edge in the run game better than anyone since Watt and still has a good pass rush skill. But is that prototype 4-3 LDE. 

I think Ojabo is going to test like Ware did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...