Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

Game 9

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gifat NFL_Redskins.gif

When: 12:00 PM CDT November 12th

Where: Fedex Field (Hyattsville, MD)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis, Pam Oliver

Coverage Map Link:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=10

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: DE Everson Griffen (foot), DE Stephen Weatherly (knee), S Anthony Harris (hamstring), Doubtful: None, Out: RT Mike Remmers (concussion), OG Jeremiah Sirles (knee)

Redskins - Questionable: WE Jamison Crowder (hamstring), WR Brian Quick (concussion), TE Jordan Reed (hamstring), OT Trent Williams (knee), OT Morgan Moses (ankle), OT Ty Nsekhe (core muscle), OG Brandon Scherff (knee), TE Niles Paul (concussion), OG Shawn Lauvao (stinger), C Spencer Long (knee), S Montae Nicholson (shoulder), LB Zach Brown (ankle), Doubtful: None, Out: DL Matt Ioannidis (hand), DL Arthur Jones (shoulder)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

3-sack.gif?w=501&h=264

It'll be interesting to see how we play. Will it be a repeat of last year where we totally collapse, or will we come out hungry? The team seems to think the latter.

Washington is 4-4 but they're a solid squad. Defense is playing well but I'm not impressed with the offense. We need to shut down Vernon Davis and Chris Tompson

I want Teddy to start, but my guess is it'll be Keenum again. Meh

Let's get a win and move to 7-2. Skol Vikings!

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It'll be interesting to see how we play. Will it be a repeat of last year where we totally collapse, or will we come out hungry? The team seems to think the latter.

Washington is 4-4 but they're a solid squad. Defense is playing well but I'm not impressed with the offense. We need to shut down Vernon Davis and Chris Tompson

I want Teddy to start, but my guess is it'll be Keenum again. Meh

Let's get a win and move to 7-2. Skol Vikings!

Im fine starting Keenum for another week. The Redskins offense looked bad last week against Seattle, should be first to 23 wins with this defense. I don't trust the offense under Keenum to go on the road and put up 23+ against a solid team. Offense has to put up points, I'm getting tired of all the Forbath FG attempts.

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Im fine starting Keenum for another week. The Redskins offense looked bad last week against Seattle, should be first to 23 wins with this defense. I don't trust the offense under Keenum to go on the road and put up 23+ against a solid team. Offense has to put up points, I'm getting tired of all the Forbath FG attempts.

Yeah I don't think its a bad decision to start Keenum, and maybe if he stinks it up we put in Teddy. 

I like Case, but I think  we're better off with TB going forward.

The way the Redskins defense played this week makes this game a lot more compelling. Running the ball will be key. Seattle couldn't get anything going on the ground (besides Wilson scrambling) and they just dominated the Seahawks offensive line. 

8 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

The way the Redskins defense played this week makes this game a lot more compelling. Running the ball will be key. Seattle couldn't get anything going on the ground (besides Wilson scrambling) and they just dominated the Seahawks offensive line. 

Considering the weather conditions and the condition of the Seahawks offensive line, that's about as impressive as the Indianapolis defense handling Tom Savage...in other words, that doesn't mean much.  Over the course of the season, the Redskins are about middle of the road defensively.  They're not the best defense the Vikings have faced (Baltimore would probably get that nod, although Pittsburgh and Detroit are pretty good too and are better defensively than Washington as well), but they aren't slouches. 

I think it'll be a fairly competitive game, because the Vikings and Washington are very similar teams (probably has to be the common Cincinnati Bengals coaching factor), but it'll come down to the Washington offense vs the Vikings defense.  Whichever one wins that battle wins the game.  

Psychology will also play a factor. Washington is coming off their most memorable and dramatic win in years. I'm curious to see if they'll show up still drained from the experience, or fired up and ready to save their season. Meanwhile, the Vikings will be coming off a bye week - which more often than not is a good thing, but they'll be on the road in a red-hot stadium, and they have to be thinking about how the team collapsed after last seaon's bye.

Passing: Vikings quarterback Case Keenum has started six games and played in seven total contests this season after signing with the Vikings as a free agent this offseason. Keenum has completed 149 of 233 passes (63.9 percent) for 1,610 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions. He has a passer rating of 88.8. Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins led his team on a late, game-winning drive Sunday. He completed 21 of 31 passes for 247 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions. His passer rating was 91.7. Cousins ranks seventh in the NFL with 2,147 yards and has thrown for 13 touchdowns with four picks.

Rushing: The Vikings rank ninth in the NFL with 120.0 rushing yards per game, an improvement from 2016 when Minnesota ranked last in the league with just 75.3 rushing yards per game. Washington ranks 22nd in the league with 98.6 yards per game.

Defense: Minnesota’s defense ranks fourth overall in yards allowed per game (282.1) and is third in points allowed per game (16.9). Washington’s defense allowed a season-low 244 yards of offense Sunday in Seattle while surrendering just 14 points. The unit had a pair of interceptions and a pair of sacks. Washington’s defense ranks 18th overall in yards allowed per game (336.9) and is 24th in points allowed per game (24.3).

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Early-Look-Vikings-at-Redskins/aef0fafb-b990-45cc-940d-de6116edb8d1?sf148526432=1

in conversing with Woz, one of our site's longest running WASH fans, he says:

"By and large, Cousins has been playing a bit scared to be honest. However, when the game was on the line, he stood in the face of pressure and took a pair of deep shots (along with shots to the mouth). So, he knows that it's patchwork and the deep game is somewhat missing.

A good chunk of that extends from the running game being non-existent. Rob Kelley is a guy who will generally get what is blocked and not a lot more. Samaje Perine can get more, but has a tendency to cough up the ball. Chris Thompson is our most talented back but he's just 5'8", 195. If he gets into the open field, your guys will be running after him and likely not catching him.

Honestly, you guys should have little problem shutting us down, but I have to give Bill Callahan (the OL coach) credit. They were supposed to get worked by Seattle, but they did alright for a bunch of rookies, castoffs, and guys playing hurt. Maybe he can weave something special two weeks in a row?

I think it is a bit of a shame that we're so beat up as we have played well against top flight talent (Kansas City). But, you guys apparently caught us at the right time."

While I think Washington will be a pretty tough opponent, I think we are going to go into their house and steal a win. Last year's post-bye collapse was a good teaching point for this team, and the coaching staff. You know that they have had that lingering over them, and they will not let anyone to forget it. I expect that Zim will have some inside knowledge into Gruden from their time in Cincy, and the staff will have built up a solid gameplan to defeat Washington.

I think Washington is a good team, but I think collective Vikings are stronger. Washington has a string of injury problems right now, whereas we have Cook and Bradford down, everyone else looks to be good to go. Cousins is the better QB compared to either Case or Teddy, but our offense does enough to win this game on the road, while the defense beasts again, is my feeling.

Archived