Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

There are very few offenses that really concern me going against our defense. Washington isn't one of them. Then we go to the other side of the ball, where I think it's a push at worst.

The X-factor for me is playing on the road and on that field. If it were at home I'd predict a comfortable win, but not as confident going on the road yet.

14 minutes ago, Klomp said:

There are very few offenses that really concern me going against our defense. Washington isn't one of them. Then we go to the other side of the ball, where I think it's a push at worst.

The X-factor for me is playing on the road and on that field. If it were at home I'd predict a comfortable win, but not as confident going on the road yet.

would Zimmer have a good understanding of Gruden's offensive scheming, or has it changed since his Cinci days?

I think our x factors this game will be the linebackers. I kind of already said this, but we can't afford to let their tight ends and backs to get loose. that's the strength of their offense.

I'm not overly worried about the receivers though, and we should be able to get pressure on Cousins.

they're a tough team, but so are we. given the state of the NFC right now, this game might be a must win.

16 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think our x factors this game will be the linebackers. I kind of already said this, but we can't afford to let their tight ends and backs to get loose. that's the strength of their offense.

I'm not overly worried about the receivers though, and we should be able to get pressure on Cousins.

they're a tough team, but so are we. given the state of the NFC right now, this game might be a must win.

Considering each of the next 5 games are all against teams they could potentially be vying for seeding or playoffs against, it's almost imperative that they go at least 3-2, preferably 4-1 against them.  

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

With how the schedule appears, this is beginning to look like a must win game if a first round bye is the goal.

Especially with Detroit's schedule the rest of the season.

7-2 would be huge and 8-2 isn't out of the question. I'd feel comfortable winning the division at 8-2.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

Considering each of the next 5 games are all against teams they could potentially be vying for seeding or playoffs against, it's almost imperative that they go at least 3-2, preferably 4-1 against them.  

We Cannot afford to lose to Detroit. That game is the season.

Okay. Getting ahead of myself. Need to beat Washington first.

Wonder if Jordan Reed plays..

Washington always seems to have some spell cast over the Vikes when they play there . . . something like the announcer says "Aaaaaand, the Vikes have never given up a run over 50-yards this season . . ."  Boom! there goes a Redskins runner for a 60-yard TD.

Now, on the good side of things, the defense being healthy, with the D-line rotating and wreaking . . . I hope its a bad day for Cousins.  Stopping the 2 TE sets and running game is a huge factor, and that's where little known Gedeon can have his break-out game.  I fully expect Barr and Kendricks to rule the day.

It'll be great to see the O-line play this one . . . on grass, pounding the rock.  Washington allows about 110 yrds per game on the ground, so if the Vikes can get to that level of ground production, and not turn the ball over, they should be able to win this thing.

10 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I believe Mike Zimmer coached teams are 0-3 off a bye week, and also winless after an extended break between games. Not feeling a win, either way, here.

Nope.

Won coming out of the bye in 2015, and also coming off a TNF game that year. Also won coming off TNF last year.

1-2 off bye, 2-1 going from Thursday to Sunday.

Archived