Week 10: VIKINGS (6-2) at Washington (4-4)

swede700

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I wonder if they should actually be 7-2 on the road because playing in the Coliseum still feels more like a road game?

Nah. It was loud today. People just make assumptions because the stadium doesn't look full (because we're only selling 70,000 tickets in a 93,000-seat stadium).

17 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Hey, I apologize ahead of time for being lazy and not wanting to sift through all the pages in this thread, but I still there any word on Xavier am deathly what injury/s he sustained?

Whatever it was, he came back out on the field after visiting the locker room. 

Great win today!  Playing on the road at a traditionally tough NFC opponent . . . this was a solid team win.  I only got to watch the 1st quarter, but the bombs Keenum was completing were impressive.  The running game was solid, but the Vikes didn't control the clock much.  Of course scoring at will was a nice, really nice feeling.  

I think they need to led Teddy work his way back, and chucking him in against the Rams is not what I'd like to see.  For the next game, start Keenum and if he gets hurt or the game is out of control, then maybe put Teddy in.  By out of control, I mean the Vikes are blowing the Rams out . . . do you give Teddy some game time then?    In any event, I like the fact we have a QB that's playing pretty darn good, except for INTs . . . does he need to throw more than 1 in a game?  Seems like if he throws one, he throws more . . . doesn't it?

For the game, the Vikings converted eight of 12 third downs. On this particular drive, they converted three straight. The Vikings played at FedEx Field a year ago and lost by 6 points. Right guard Joe Berger said that a big difference between the two games was that last year, the Vikings failed to convert a pair of third-and-1s in the second half.

Berger:  “We have a lot of new faces, but we remember how last year went. It was a point of emphasis. If we had third-and-short, we had to stay on the field and get points. And we did that today.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-ESPN-Says-Dont-Count-Vikings-Out-as-NFC-Contender/a3b48f67-2446-4d53-b36d-a18b6ca7d61b?sf166658726=1

The NFL has lightened up on touchdown celebrations this season, but touching the goal post remains a no-no. Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs found that out the hard way: He hugged the goal post to celebrate a touchdown on Sunday. That cost the Vikings a 15-yard penalty, and now it cost Diggs some money as well.

The NFL has fined Diggs $12,154 for the move. That’s a typical fine for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/17/stefon-diggs-fined-for-hugging-goal-post/

Archived