Dez and Williams

Rtnldave

Not to be a rumor monger but I heard on sports radio in Philly this morning on my way to work that Dez and T Will have high ankle sprains and will miss 4 to 6 weeks minimum. Not sure how much of this is BS or wishful thinking or even true. Any word?

I don't know. Between Talkin' Cowboys and Cowboys Break, both shows are indicating that there isn't any major concern with either. At least to the extent of 4-6 weeks. But they could be blowing pixie dust and sunshine bias.

Apparently way more concern with Crawford and Smith.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:21 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Imagine if Dallas can't go without Dez, Wiliams and ZEKE? the fact that this is actually a strong possibility scares me. 

Somebody would step up...just feels like that would be a thing with this team. And our next opponent is Atlanta...so...

On 11/6/2017 at 12:21 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Imagine if Dallas can't go without Dez, Wiliams and ZEKE? the fact that this is actually a strong possibility scares me. 

Could be without Smith also

How Dallas handles this going forward could define the second half. To some extent, I think Green, Butler, and our RBs can step up, but we might need some help from ou defense also. Could be a good litmus test for Dak too

Ideally, Tyron would play and the line would create the same holes for Morris/McFadden/Rod to average 4.5+ ypc. And then we'd have Witten and Beasley moving the chains with Brice Butler actually catching passes and getting those 40+ yard plays. Then after that it's praying Brown and/or Switzer can step in and make plays. Easier said than done, but with this offensive line and Dak, I still believe we can beat Atlanta without Dez and Williams. I have a feeling Tyron will play.

1 hour ago, Dirk Gently said:

Surprise participant (Limited) Dan Bailey

Strange...

I don't why, probably just wishful thinking, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Neal in action. Have a feeling he is going to do some damage. 

Praying for hammie...

"Lewis Neal knows he's smaller than the average NFL defensive tackle.

The 6-0 rookie out of LSU is up to 280 pounds after entering his senior season at 264 and bulking up to 272 for the draft in April

"I'm strong though," the college defensive end insisted Wednesday after practice. "I broke the power-cleaning record at LSU"

"Whenever we've asked him to do something, he seems to show up," Garrett said. "He's a smaller guy, but he's strong. He plays with good quickness and explosiveness and plays with good leverage, so he'll be part of that mix inside."

Seems like Neal might be dynamite

If nothing else, he is fresh and coming in without any injury concerns or nicks. If he can contribute to pushing the pocket and stuffing the run he will only add to what has become a very pleasant surprise of am pass rushing D line.

Archived