Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

Jon Gruden - His offense is complicated as hell. But Jameis could figure out the terminology. He's been keeping up with the NFL and college football. So it's not like he'd be crawling out from under a rock to coach again. And I think his offense would be good for who we have right now. And I still remember him taking us to the Super Bowl and I want to feel that again. 

Dave Toub - I think he could be a good one. Working with Andy Reid for as long as he has can't hurt either. He wouldn't have a bias on offense or defense. I think he'd bring in coordinators and let them coach. I have no idea what kind of offense and defense we would run. But I think he'd be alright.

Jim Schwartz - I love the nastiness his defenses have. I remember how those Detroit defenses were, and I want that. That Philly defense is nasty now. They're a big reason Philly is pulling away as one of the best teams in the league right now. Just get him a good offensive coordinator and let the offense run itself.

Looking through potential coaches, here's some that stood out to me.

Teryl Austin - DC in Detroit, he continued on that tough defense and could hopefully bring Jim Bob with him as OC.

Scott Linehan - OC in Dallas, really just because of his work with young QB's such as Stafford or Prescott.

Just to throw a couple names, I personally am unsure what direction I want to see us go, Vet/College/Coordinator.

I tossed out Mike Vrabel's name in the last thread, but as R&P and I mutually agreed, it's probably a few years too soon for him.

John Dorsey could be an interesting front office guy or maybe even GM candidate if we went after Ballard. 

Untimately we just need to have our owners hire someone with some semblance of competence in building a winning NFL franchise.

I will give them credit that they didn't re up Licht. Shows me they are at least thinking and trying to make wise choices.

A couple more would be 

Jim Bob, would prefer a Defensive minded coach but what he has done with Stafford is what we need done with Winston.

Harold Goodwin - OC in Arizona, doesn't call plays because of Arians but has the endorsement from Arians that he is a head coach, not a play caller.

I would be shocked if they went college.  As much as I want Gruden and it would be great theatre, I would be surprised.   I go back and forth,  I have no idea.  I was on Cooter, but I can't see them interviewing him.  I want an offensive guy because I want an offense that can run and pass the ball.

1.Haley

2.  Nagy

3.  Toub

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I would be shocked if they went college.  As much as I want Gruden and it would be great theatre, I would be surprised.   I go back and forth,  I have no idea.  I was on Cooter, but I can't see them interviewing him.  I want an offensive guy because I want an offense that can run and pass the ball.

1.Haley

2.  Nagy

3.  Toub

Haley  O.o   Please no pretty much hiring Koetter all over again.

4 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Haley  O.o   Please no pretty much hiring Koetter all over again.

respect your opinion, but the steelers offense is a lot more balanced then the Bucs for awhile.  This team needs a guy who is going to kick some butt and show the ability to be creative.  

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

respect your opinion, but the steelers offense is a lot more balanced then the Bucs for awhile.  This team needs a guy who is going to kick some butt and show the ability to be creative.  

Talk to the Steelers fans about Haley and chiefs fans as well...    Steelers also have one of the best O lines in football.

Just now, sryan66611 said:

Talk to the Steelers fans about Haley and chiefs fans as well...    Steelers also have one of the best O lines in football.

i guess AFC championship game with a LT who was converted WR from Army, I would think he sucks too.  Im sure Browns fans thought the hoodie sucked after he was fired.  Sorry, fans can be wrong.  It takes good players and good coaches to achieve success.  I will not minimize one side or the other because it is silly.  Again your entitled to your opinion.

Just now, ravishingone said:

i guess AFC championship game with a LT who was converted WR from Army, I would think he sucks too.  Im sure Browns fans thought the hoodie sucked after he was fired.  Sorry, fans can be wrong.  It takes good players and good coaches to achieve success.  I will not minimize one side or the other because it is silly.  Again your entitled to your opinion.

What does Villanueva have to do with anything??    Anyways  Do some research about Todd Haleys tendencies and also what type of offense he runs Than come and tell me he is a good fit for a HC.

13 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

What does Villanueva have to do with anything??    Anyways  Do some research about Todd Haleys tendencies and also what type of offense he runs Than come and tell me he is a good fit for a HC.

Please explain what tendencies you are concerned?  Does he run the ball too much?  Ben gets sacked a lot less then when Arians was OC.  I guess I should watch the alt 22 film more closely in week 8 about head coaching candidates for next season before a GM is even hired.  I get it, you dont like him and your choices would be for discussion purposes?

54 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Like I said in the game thread, it wouldn't shock me at all to see us make a run at Jimbo Fisher. 

I hope not. He's proven to be overrated as a coach. And I don't think he fits the nfl game. He's a disciplinarian in the mold of schiano and harbaugh. Pros won't take to it. 

Hes also been having down years the few seasons. I'm not sure I'd hire him. 

Archived