Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

5 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Please explain what tendencies you are concerned?  Does he run the ball too much?  Ben gets sacked a lot less then when Arians was OC.  I guess I should watch the alt 22 film more closely in week 8 about head coaching candidates for next season before a GM is even hired.  I get it, you dont like him and your choices would be for discussion purposes?

Haley has his problems...  He's been known to go empty set in goal-line situations (he did this last year in the playoff game) and other just weird uncharacteristic things.  Also, loves the bubble screen like no one's business and ran it 4 times in a row (not the same play just a screen in general) at the beginning of a game and he also has a tendency to abandon the run.  

Here is the thing he does well with what he has but your talking about HOF QB, The #1 WR in the league, top 5 running back, top 5 OL.  He also has some decent complimentary weapons at WR in JuJu, Bryant (I know he hasn't played this season), Eli Rodgers.

I am not opposed to any of your other two candidates.  I haven't looked much into the candidates this year though.  I guess I will wait to see what happens after the season.  I am sure Haley could succeed at HC again but he would need a nice supporting cast and I think you can say that for most coaches.

My only real concern with Dave Toub is who he'd assemble for a staff. He has Andy Reid connections, but don't fool the offensive deciples, the Brad Childress' of the world, to be anything near what Reid has been as a coach. As long as Toub can find an innovative offensive mind, and solid DC (shouldn't be a problem coming from KC) I'd give him a shot. I just worry we'd get some offensive retread bum of a coordinator if he looks to Reid connections for the OC.

5 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

My only real concern with Dave Toub is who he'd assemble for a staff. He has Andy Reid connections, but don't fool the offensive deciples, the Brad Childress' of the world, to be anything near what Reid has been as a coach. As long as Toub can find an innovative offensive mind, and solid DC (shouldn't be a problem coming from KC) I'd give him a shot. I just worry we'd get some offensive retread bum of a coordinator if he looks to Reid connections for the OC.

That's a concern of mine too. But it's something I'd be willing to see come to fruition.

7 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Haley has his problems...  He's been known to go empty set in goal-line situations (he did this last year in the playoff game) and other just weird uncharacteristic things.  Also, loves the bubble screen like no one's business and ran it 4 times in a row (not the same play just a screen in general) at the beginning of a game and he also has a tendency to abandon the run.  

Here is the thing he does well with what he has but your talking about HOF QB, The #1 WR in the league, top 5 running back, top 5 OL.  He also has some decent complimentary weapons at WR in JuJu, Bryant (I know he hasn't played this season), Eli Rodgers.

I am not opposed to any of your other two candidates.  I haven't looked much into the candidates this year though.  I guess I will wait to see what happens after the season.  I am sure Haley could succeed at HC again but he would need a nice supporting cast and I think you can say that for most coaches.

thanks, I appreciate your opinion.

16 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Like I said in the game thread, it wouldn't shock me at all to see us make a run at Jimbo Fisher. 

This made me remember how close they were to signing Chip Kelly before Schiano got the job.  With the Glazers, nothing can be ruled out.

Just now, ravishingone said:

This made me remember how close they were to signing Chip Kelly before Schiano got the job.  With the Glazers, nothing can be ruled out.

Dodged a bullet there. 

...then we got hit with a different one. And another one after that. And another.

I'm going to throw something out there. 

First move should be VP of football operations. 

Why not see what Peyton Mannings availability is? Two years out of football. Doesn't hurt to inquire. He's from Tennessee so it's not like he's far from home. Let him assess the coaching staff, GM/Staff and then the players. 

8 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Dodged a bullet there. 

...then we got hit with a different one. And another one after that. And another.

This made me laugh, thanks for the levity.   It just under scores the fact it is up to the Glazers to change their business model.  Since the Gruden firing, it has been a train wreck.  

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's a concern of mine too. But it's something I'd be willing to see come to fruition.

Not to mention all the years in Chicago under old school Lovie Smith. But I agree, Toub is a solid coach, so it would be worth a shot if we had the right management structure in place.

27 minutes ago, indifference said:

No more retreads. If Koetter resigns because I highly doubt he gets fired unless the new GM wants to start over does so then that's that. I'm not even sure what viable HC candidates are out there.

I thought he was pretty safe until the brawl.  Its not a good look when  team captains get into fights and get suspended.  I think this reflects very poorly on Koetter.  His team lacks discipline with all the penalties and missed assignments.  

I hope he can turn it around to make this a tough decision, not looking good now.  SMH, not one roster was made after the debacle.  I would have cut Bond.  The backup SAM LB who made 2 critical mistakes on special teams that cost them a TD.  I guess even a backup 3rd day selection who has shown very little is untouchable.   Check that, they demote Hargreaves to nickel against Buffalo plays decent, then plays really well against Carolina on the outside only to be demoted again for a journeymen CB against NO.  I just dont understand.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I thought he was pretty safe until the brawl.  Its not a good look when  team captains get into fights and get suspended.  I think this reflects very poorly on Koetter.  His team lacks discipline with all the penalties and missed assignments.  

I hope he can turn it around to make this a tough decision, not looking good now.  SMH, not one roster was made after the debacle.  I would have cut Bond.  The backup SAM LB who made 2 critical mistakes on special teams that cost them a TD.  I guess even a backup 3rd day selection who has shown very little is untouchable.   Check that, they demote Hargreaves to nickel against Buffalo plays decent, then plays really well against Carolina on the outside only to be demoted again for a journeymen CB against NO.  I just dont understand.

Bad coaching. Mike Smith is gone because he does make questionable personnel decisions. That and the fact that we stunt way too often and they never work. Granted we have a personnel issue but the defense just makes way too many mistakes for my taste. We were the #1 rated third down defense last year but now were last. Nothing has changed except the schedule and a couple of players on the back end. Either way, unless a dominant 8 week stretch is in the cards he is as good as gone.

DK has that 9-7 to fall back on. Him losing control of the team probably has something to do with his buddy buddy persona with the players. I think it all boils down to the new GM.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Neat. Good thing we brought in Daryl Tapp and Will Clarke to replace him.

Awesome I am glad the Bucs know how to evaluate players I don't think anyone on the team has had 2 qb hits in a game except for McCoy.   

I was watching the whole game and didn't even notice he was playing lol..

Archived