Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

I would actually like to see someone like Jay Gruden come in.  While it's not the defensive mind that we need right now but it's someone that the players seem to play hard for and understands how to use his weapons and isn't this stubborn attitude of my way or no way.  I personally would love to see Arians come in even if we knew he was retiring in 2-3 years and set up a successor for him.  If anyone can help Jameis out it's Arians.

Also, with the talk of Winston being this turnover machine we love to leave out that Mariota is on pace to throw more Int's than TD's. Not trying to set up that argument but can we see what good coaching plays into it all, look at Wentz and Goff.

43 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I would actually like to see someone like Jay Gruden come in.  While it's not the defensive mind that we need right now but it's someone that the players seem to play hard for and understands how to use his weapons and isn't this stubborn attitude of my way or no way.  I personally would love to see Arians come in even if we knew he was retiring in 2-3 years and set up a successor for him.  If anyone can help Jameis out it's Arians.

Also, with the talk of Winston being this turnover machine we love to leave out that Mariota is on pace to throw more Int's than TD's. Not trying to set up that argument but can we see what good coaching plays into it all, look at Wentz and Goff.

Or the regression of Derek Carr this year. Young QB's struggle, period, there's a reason why the elite QB's usually 28+ of age.

If the rumor was true that the Glazers asked Gruden to come back before Lovie was hired, what are the odds that doesnt happen again? We can argue the point the Glazers need to hire a President or let the GM decide the head coach, but history suggests otherwise.  When Dungy  was fired, McKay made up a candidate list and recommended Marvin Lewis.  The Glazers did not agree and Gruden was ultimately.   Certainly Allen wasn't going to fire Gruden, hence Dom and Rah hired which was completely out of left field.   Does anyone really believe it was Dom s final decision to pursue Chip Kelly and ultimately hire Schiano.  The Glazers hired Lovie then hired Licht.  Depending on what you believe, Lovie was asked to make changes to his staff, he refused and was fired.  The next coaching search was heavily weighted toward Koetter getting the job.  Are we seeing a pattern yet, that this will be a Glazer search again. 

Now I get the argument well they need to change, look at the result.  To their credit once guys are hired they don't interfere with the operation of the club, but have no issue eating salary if expectations are not met.  If they did interfere no way Martin would have been kept at his current salary coming into the season when the team had all the leverage to renegotiate.  They may fire people quickly, but look at some of the dumb arse decisions by past regimes to hurt the team. Were they really that unjustified?

Until we see me otherwise, Glazers are gonna do what they want. I commend them for caring so much, I really do, but they need to wise up and realize what they are doing isn’t working.

Im kind of indifferent to all the options. I just want someone who can turn this crap fest around and get the most out of these players. We already wasted McCoy’s career.

Wasting, Jameis, M. Evans, Godwin, OJ, Marpet, David, Kwon, Beckwith, VH3, and J. Evans would be worth kicking the Bucs out of the NFL and up to the CFL.

12 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Hmm, Rapoport doubling down.  Sounds like Licht has the best chance to survive.

It looks like a house clearing then. I can’t see Licht surviving an objective performance review, especially if he’s responsible for the 2014 FA class.

Random thought for the day - is Rich Bisaccia a candidate for the HC job? It’s very left field, but possibly someone to consider in what appears to be a fairly shallow pool of candidates.

7 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

It looks like a house clearing then. I can’t see Licht surviving an objective performance review, especially if he’s responsible for the 2014 FA class.

Random thought for the day - is Rich Bisaccia a candidate for the HC job? It’s very left field, but possibly someone to consider in what appears to be a fairly shallow pool of candidates.

His name has really cooled after leaving Tampa.  Toub seems to have passed him as far as the special teams hire.  With the Glazers history, a total house cleaning to me means big name pursuit.  With that in mind, IMO the top 3 candidates would be :  Gruden, McDaniel, and Patricia.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

His name has really cooled after leaving Tampa.  Toub seems to have passed him as far as the special teams hire.  With the Glazers history, a total house cleaning to me means big name pursuit.  With that in mind, IMO the top 3 candidates would be :  Gruden, McDaniel, and Patricia.

I want a fresh start with a new head coach. Gruden would be last choice out of the 3.

Idk which direction I want this organization to go, but there sure are a lot of ex Bucs saying some pretty awesome things about how Gruden would lead the team. I want to win another Super Bowl, but we first need to have a coach that can truly lead men and bring some consistency and respect back to this team. Gruden could probably do that. 

On 12/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Or at least he probably should.

Koetter needed to give him play calling duties earlier this seasson.  If Koetter is going to save his job it has to go farther then replacing most of his defensive staff.  He needs to show how he will be a better head coach?  His hands off attitude towards his defense is mind boggling.  I have little faith in a head coach who publically states I stay away from the defense because  I ll just screw it up.  Really? You cant add even just a little by making suggestions to your defensive coordinator who should be working for you.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Koetter needed to give him play calling duties earlier this seasson.  If Koetter is going to save his job it has to go farther then replacing most of his defensive staff.  He needs to show how he will be a better head coach?  His hands off attitude towards his defense is mind boggling.  I have little faith in a head coach who publically states I stay away from the defense because  I ll just screw it up.  Really? You cant add even just a little by making suggestions to your defensive coordinator who should be working for you.

I liked it at the time. The dichotomy of Koetter and Smitty seemed like one that would work. They knew each other well AND each guy showed success on their sides of the ball. Giving Smitty total control of the defense cut Koetter's responsibilities in half, allowing him to focus on the offense. A lot. And it made him calling plays not seem like it would be too much.

It all made sense to me. It just didn't work.

Archived