Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

The Pats are consistently top 10 in scoring defense. Their hybrid defense is full of a bunch of regular guys that always seem to play above their talent level. They started out rocky this year and look how quickly they've turned it around. They're the best scheming team in the league, and have been for 15+ years. I would love to steal someone from that coaching tree. We've got a few good pieces that I think would blow up if we had a coach that would scheme for the guys we have instead of forcing everyone to adhere to a set scheme. 

I've been back and forth on Patricia for a while. But I think he could bring out the best in who we have on defense. Beckwith could play the poor man's Hightower role. Kwon and David would be superstars. And McCoy would almost certainly finally hit 10 sacks, assuming age and fatigue/injuries don't catch up with him. I even think Justin Evans would step up his game. They've always had good safety play. 

The question would then be who he'd bring in for the offense. But with the tree that the Hoodie has, I'm sure we could find someone. And if Patricia wants to steal some of the dink and dunk that Brady has dominated the league with for almost 20 years, I'm all about it.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:01 AM, ravishingone said:

This made me laugh, thanks for the levity.   It just under scores the fact it is up to the Glazers to change their business model.  Since the Gruden firing, it has been a train wreck.  

in all honesty i dont think the glazers care too much if we win or if we lose as long as the team earns a profit

ManU is their #1 priority

thats not even a question

11 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

in all honesty i dont think the glazers care too much if we win or if we lose as long as the team earns a profit

It definitely seemed like it a few years ago. But they've been paying coaches that they've fired for a long time now. I'd think they care a bit more now than they used to.

They brought in Licht and let him do anything and everything he's wanted to do. They haven't stopped him from spending a cent. That, to me, comes across as ownership that cares at least a little.

On 11/7/2017 at 8:57 AM, REDandPEWTER said:

I'm going to throw something out there. 

First move should be VP of football operations. 

Why not see what Peyton Mannings availability is? Two years out of football. Doesn't hurt to inquire. He's from Tennessee so it's not like he's far from home. Let him assess the coaching staff, GM/Staff and then the players. 

i think this would be an amazing idea

get ppl in here that know how to win , that know what it takes , that care so much they do things right even when no one is looking, thats the type of personality that hiring Peyton manning would bring

unfortunately , it is probably a pipe dream considering Peyton Manning would probably never want to come here

as long as im dreaming with you here , allow me to throw this out there

Hire Manning AND bring back Tony Dungy

say whatttttttt

cray with a capital Z

on a serious note i think Patricia would be an excellent hire

www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/2/4/14399742/patriots-matt-patricia-rocket-scientist-defensive-coordinator

Good article on Matt Patricia. l'll have reservations of some level about any coach we hire, but with Patricia it would 1. He has never been on a losing NFL program so how would he handle that? 2. While a different personality, would he try to be BB like McDaniels did and crash and burn because of it?

Love his experience in the league and on both sides of the ball along with his no nonsense approach. Idk if he'd call plays, I'd prefer he didn't, but he's definitely a to the bones, football coach, which is what I want.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl/2017/2/4/14399742/patriots-matt-patricia-rocket-scientist-defensive-coordinator

Good article on Matt Patricia. l'll have reservations of some level about any coach we hire, but with Patricia it would 1. He has never been on a losing NFL program so how would he handle that? 2. While a different personality, would he try to be BB like McDaniels did and crash and burn because of it?

Love his experience in the league and on both sides of the ball along with his no nonsense approach. Idk if he'd call plays, I'd prefer he didn't, but he's definitely a to the bones, football coach, which is what I want.

The intrigue for me with Patricia is if the players can't buy his message with pedigree their lost causes and need to be shipped out.  I see what McDermott has done in Buffalo, the fire sale they conducted and you would have thought that team is in full rebuild mode.  Quite the contrary, they play hard.  Patricia is hungry to be a head coach and I believe could do a similar job as  a CEO type head coach who oversees both sides of the ball.  Is he McDaniels or OBrien?   Not sure, but if they don' go retread, they better go with a first time coach with a long track record of winning.  3 Super Bowl rings got my attention for a guy who is 43.  Hoodie obviously values him.  

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

The Glazers just invested a lot of money in the stadium and practice facility, so I’m not sure it’s right to say they don’t care too much. They’re also apparently building a team store at the stadium, which is surprisingly something that we don’t currently have. The return out of both those investments increases with how the team performs.

The Glazers aren't football people and they aren’t soccer people. As far as I know, they’re less involved in United than they are in the Bucs. United are self sufficient because of the way the Glazers have developed the business model and the marketing reach of the club. You literally don’t hear the Glazer’s name mentioned when it comes to United appointing a new manager. 

The Glazers seem to recognise that they shouldn’t be making decision on the sporting side of things at the teams they own. I think that’s a good thing, but it makes them seem hands off to the point that they don’t care. I can understand why that seems to be the case with the Bucs.

United can definitely generate more money than the Bucs can given their size and the value of their brand. The only teams more valuable than United are the Yankees and the Cowboys. When it comes down to it though, the return on the money that the Glazers put in is directly impacted by how the team performs. Caring about profit leads directly to caring about wins.

I think they care and I think the number of coaches they’ve paid not to coach this team in the last ten years shows that.

Something to consider with Patricia is that we won't be able to interview him until the Pats lose in the playoffs. Which could be all the way to the Super Bowl. 

That's a long time to wait. Especially if we're gonna overhaul the entire coaching staff and GM.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Something to consider with Patricia is that we won't be able to interview him until the Pats lose in the playoffs. Which could be all the way to the Super Bowl. 

That's a long time to wait. Especially if we're gonna overhaul the entire coaching staff and GM.

So there’s even more reason to root against the Pats? 

I like it!

41 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

So there’s even more reason to root against the Pats? 

I like it!

Actually I' m pretty sure if a team has a first round bye, then those candidates are allowed to interview during that week only.  Remember Shanahan was the rumored coached for SF for awhile because the Falcons had the #1 seed last season.

42 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Actually I' m pretty sure if a team has a first round bye, then those candidates are allowed to interview during that week only.  Remember Shanahan was the rumored coached for SF for awhile because the Falcons had the #1 seed last season.

That’s a good point and I’m sure you’re right.

However, since I can’t bring myself to hope that they get a first round bye, I’m going to be a hater instead.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I did not know that. Thanks for the insight.

So, if we wanna go the Patricia route, we need to hope they get a first round bye or miss the playoffs altogether.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Actually I think this works in our favor. If we get a new GM it's probably not happening in the first 5 days of the offseason, it's probably going to take a week or two. By that time a lot of head coaching vacancies will be getting filled and we'll just be starting our HC search. A talent like Patricia still being available cuz of the Pats still being in the playoffs is probably a good thing.

Archived