GB free agency 2022

squire12

23 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

If we now give Jaire his 5 year 99m extension(surely we don't want to go down the Adams path with him), we should have around 29.3m in cap space available.

Factoring in the 4.2m for draft picks, 3.5m for practice squad, 1.65m for players 52/53 and 5m in season piggy bank for spending (all numbers taken from Ken Ingalls), we should have approx 15m to spend in free agency.

Depending on structure of the deals, that at best that gets us 2-4 players. Safe to assume Douglas is one of those so leaves 1-3 signings

Thanks, Oz.  That's helpful context.  

Just for my own context, Campbell's 1st-year cap hit is $4.2.  Helps me to think about how many guys you can fit.

40 minutes ago, R T said:

I keep seeing all these people bring up Juju, is no one aware of big of a headcase and pain in the *** he has been to that locker room in Pittsburgh? He is an Antonio Brown level headcase.   

Pittsburgh has had a billion of those types of players. That’s the culture they created up there. I don’t think that’d be an issue in Green Bay

1 minute ago, craig said:

Thanks, Oz.  That's helpful context.  

Just for my own context, Campbell's 1st-year cap hit is $4.2.  Helps me to think about how many guys you can fit.

I'm assuming Douglas contract will come with a cap hit of say 2.5-3.5m. Depending on how big a name the player is you can get 4 Douglas level players or maybe 1 bigger name plus a Douglas level player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

They bring MVS back....I'd want more than the two trick pony: the fly pattern pressed up against the sideline and the long post. I'd want move over the middle catches. His hands seemed to be improving though. I'll give him that. He actually made some nice "hands only" snags this year.

1 minute ago, rthom348 said:

Rams likely trading Robert Woods. Any interest in that?

not at the contract Woods has coming off the ACL injury and about to turn 30

see the contract info below

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

contract 

2022:  $10M base and $3.5M roster bonus (not sure when that is due)
2023:  $13.7M base
2024:  $13.7M base and $2M roster bonus
2025:  $15.5M base and $2M roster bonus

Not the contract I would want to trade for a player coming off an ACL injury and about to turn 30