GB free agency 2022

squire12

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That’s a bargain if he keeps up near his 2021 play. Especially for the first 2 years, no?

It would be a total steal.  Just played well for such a short time.  Why the contract is the way it is.  Risk he's just flash in the pan.  The way they were talking about his hard work and dedication I don't think it is.  Ecstatic we were able to bring him back.

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Packer fans seem to almost universally not want him back. I don't see any fascination.

Not that we don't want him back.  It's just we want him back at the right price.  That isn't 10 mil/yr.  Half of that ok maybe still a lot for what he is.  Hope KC signs him.  

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Not that we don't want him back.  It's just we want him back at the right price.  That isn't 10 mil/yr.  Half of that ok maybe still a lot for what he is.  Hope KC signs him.  

Problem is that most have no clue what the right price is. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Problem is that most have no clue what the right price is. 

For me, it would have to be a deal similar to Juju's with a small base and incentive-laden. We don't know the full extent yet of the details for those incentives in Juju's contract, but I've read they are spread out for stats, playoff game appearances, pro bowl, etc. We saw the Rams given a similar contract to OBJ last season and he cashed in by winning the SB. 

Given that MVS has been a low-volume producer in the past (at least in terms of receptions), if you brought him back and expected an uptick in production with Adams gone, that type of deal would seem to make sense, especially for the team. 

48 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That’s a bargain if he keeps up near his 2021 play. Especially for the first 2 years, no?

If I'm looking at it correctly, it is a steal.  If....if he keeps up that kind of play with us.  If not, he's gone and we don't take much of a hit.

And if he continues playing like this, it looks easy to re-do that deal, extend it a year or two and give him more bonus.

It's like either his agent is REALLY bad, or he really LOVED Green Bay, or other teams were really SKEPTICAL about what he did last year.

Because his play for this contract makes little sense to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If I'm looking at it correctly, it is a steal.  If....if he keeps up that kind of play with us.  If not, he's gone and we don't take much of a hit.

And if he continues playing like this, it looks easy to re-do that deal, extend it a year or two and give him more bonus.

It's like either his agent is REALLY bad, or he really LOVED Green Bay, or other teams were really SKEPTICAL about what he did last year.

Because his play for this contract makes little sense to me.

Other teams could have been seeing the INTs as high variance/a one year explosion type of thing. It was an improvement on his play from his first two years in the league vs. the regression in '19 and '20. Hopefully it continues on that route.

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

A Devante Parker trade makes so much sense now. 

Is he worth a late 2nd?

I'm not ready to send MIA a RD2 pick, but if GB sent MIA this year's RD3 pick (still too much), the value would probably be better than any RD3 pick they've made in the past decade.

Idk who this guy is but:

I know the price for DK has been discussed but it's gotta be a 2nd with the Davante and Hill deals, right? Maybe a 2 and some change if you really want him?  Guy has almost 2000k yard and 22 TDs the past couple years having to play with Russ.

Edited by Arthur Penske

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:
Idk who this guy is but:

I know the price for DK has been discussed but it's gotta be a 2nd with the Davante and Hill deals, right? Maybe a 2 and some change if you really want him?  Guy has almost 2000k yard and 22 TDs the past couple years having to play with Russ.

This will get stupid with Packer fans, but anyone think that Metcalf and his agent aren't going to be asking for Adams and Hill kind of money. They should be and will be. Now who wants to give up draft capital and pay 25M+ a year for the guy? The Packers just escaped one bad WR deal, why would they jump back into that fire?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R T said:

This will get stupid with Packer fans, but anyone think that Metcalf and his agent aren't going to be asking for Adams and Hill kind of money. They should be and will be. Now who wants to give up draft capital and pay 25M+ a year for the guy? The Packers just escaped one bad WR deal, why would they jump back into that fire?  

This isn't neccesarily my opinion on it, but I think one could content they showed they were willing to do it with Davante for more $ and could likley do it with Metcalf for less $ with some of Davante's draft capital left over after a trade. DK is also only 24.

3 hours ago, BluePacker said:

...He is tops a WR2, and that's assuming he actually got consistent at both of those things without losing his speed. Honestly I think he is a WR3 currently, and not one I'm interested in over paying for. Bye MVS.

We need a WR3, and I'd be willing to pay him as such. If Gute does sign him, he won't be paying more than WR3 price anyway.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This isn't neccesarily my opinion on it, but I think one could content they showed they were willing to do it with Davante for more $ and could likley do it with Metcalf for less $ with some of Davante's draft capital left over after a trade. DK is also only 24.

Bring him in for one year and when he wants the moon contract - tag him and trade him.  :)

34 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:
Idk who this guy is but:

feel like it'd be on par considering he's 24