GB free agency 2022

squire12

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL

The Packers drafting according to their board or protocols (or whatever) is a yearly occurrence. Surprised some people feel the need to continually advise others of that...as if its somehow forgotten. 

I've no clue who they'll draft. I'd like them to draft a decent WR and seriously enhance our passing attack. Will they? Probably not. Just like every year.

Did...did you have a bad night after work or something?

The Packers will draft accordingly, continue to win, and we'll still hear about what they should've done from every Monday morning QB or armchair GM. 

• Like 2

Just now, Leader said:

I know who you're directing your comment to: AR
I'm the stupid one who feels MLF should have the stones to correct the problem.

Well our SB winning head coach couldn't get Rodgers to change so what makes you think MLF could do it? MLF caters to Aaron lol. Gute's the one that made the move to get rid of 17, not MLF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Did...did you have a bad night after work or something?

The Packers will draft accordingly, continue to win, and we'll still hear about what they should've done from every Monday morning QB or armchair GM. 

? Not at all. T'sall good on my side. I've been calling out the Packers passing attack for months - months - and simply hope they take advantage of the extra high draft picks to select some top talent at the WR position. Is that okay? As a fan - and not a GM - can I hold out hope for that without being assailed as some kind of dummy?

The answer is yes.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they select some of the WR names we've been throwing around...but maybe this is the year. Hope springs eternal.

Just now, Leader said:

? Not at all. T'sall good on my side. I've been calling out the Packers passing attack for months - months - and simply hope they take advantage of the extra high draft picks to select some top talent at the WR position. Is that okay? As a fan - and not a GM - can I hold out hope for that without being assailed as some kind of dummy?

The answer is yes.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they select some of the WR names we've been throwing around...but maybe this is the year. Hope springs eternal.

Nobody called anybody anything. It was a "temper your expectations" type post since, you know, this board implodes every draft LOL and those of us that get out ahead of it get called homers lol (though I was 100% right about Gary when everyone was losing their ****...)

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well our SB winning head coach couldn't get Rodgers to change so what makes you think MLF could do it? MLF caters to Aaron lol. Gute's the one that made the move to get rid of 17, not MLF.

I think the MM offense was far less structured than the one MLF is pushing and I've been consistent in calling out MLF for failing to get AR in line. I think it within the HC's job description to insure the offense is running best - or - as it should.  The fact MLF (apparently) hasnt either tried or succeeded doesnt change that fact in my view.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nobody called anybody anything. It was a "temper your expectations" type post since, you know, this board implodes every draft LOL and those of us that get out ahead of it get called homers lol (though I was 100% right about Gary when everyone was losing their ****...)

Understood - but I dont hold the draft as some critical test. As I've stated already, I pretty much take it as it comes and research the players actually drafted - as a consequence - I dont suffer any draft day meltdowns or lose any ****

Just now, Leader said:

I think the MM offense was far less structured than the one MLF is pushing and I've been consistent in calling out MLF for failing to get AR in line. I think it within the HC's job description to insure the offense is running best - or - as it should.  The fact MLF (apparently) hasnt either tried or succeeded doesnt change that fact in my view.

I think MLF was doing his best not to make the situation potentially worse with the whole Love thing and "last ride" nonsense. I get what you're saying but you need to also be able to handle your stars and the locker room. You lose that, you might as well walk out the door yourself.

Gute did MLF a favor by trading Davante. 

51 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That can't be right.  Even elite top 5 all time QB need stud WR to win.....at least that is what is being peddled by the masses

I think the masses are peddling the idea that elite top 5 QB's need two stud WR's because only having one stud WR hasn't been enough.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I think MLF was doing his best not to make the situation potentially worse with the whole Love thing and "last ride" nonsense. I get what you're saying but you need to also be able to handle your stars and the locker room. You lose that, you might as well walk out the door yourself.

Understood....but I still object to the way MLF let the offense become so unbalanced. Whatever. In theory at least (or at this juncture......) lets consider it water under the bridge......hopefully.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Gute did MLF a favor by trading Davante. 

Well....he is a top WR but I understand what you're saying. Personally - I found the entire affair disturbing. We had both the QB and our top WR holding our feet to the fire and frankly it bugged me that we were actually gonna pay the guy - or - given the paucity of talent in the WR room (NOT looking to open that can of worms with anybody...) we'd have to pay the piper. The WR depth was severely mismanaged IMO.

While at the same time we're contorting contracts to somehow get under and construct a workable cap going forward. I wasnt pleased....but thats my problem. I was ready to chuck it all and start with young talent.

So - now - lets look at how things played out from a glass half full perspective and consider it an opportunity to *seriously* replenish the WR talent with some good college players.

I'm not bowled over by the FA class and will believe a trade for a WR currently under contract....when it happens.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

LOL

The Packers drafting according to their board or protocols (or whatever) is a yearly occurrence. Surprised some people feel the need to continually advise others of that...as if its somehow forgotten. 

I've no clue who they'll draft. I'd like them to draft a decent WR and seriously enhance our passing attack. Will they? Probably not. Just like every year.

Have a little faith Leader.  We lost Adams, MVS, and ESB.  Agree with you first paragraph.  But rest assured Gute will address WR in the draft.  He may also either trade or sign a FA before hand.  Packers do have a penchant for taking guys we aren't talking about. 

Well think their scouting department knows a little more than us.  He'll be taking at least 2 and more likely 3 WR in this draft.  We have a huge hole it's no mystery.  

Maybe he takes a pass on some of the top tier guys that just depends on the board.  Perhaps he likes some guys in the middle rounds and feels the talent is comparable and goes that route.  He will find playmakers and after losing Adams and it's highly likely he'll take at least 1 WR in the first 2 rounds.  

WR is a gaping hole.  Take multiple bites of the apple and hope to fill it.  This isn't like other years.  As it stands right now the need is critical. 

Edited by Scoremore

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

TBH, I'd rather draft a whole bunch of WRs (including trading up for one if you gotta) than trade picks for veterans you subsequently have to pay.

Especially now with the insane contracts Adams, Hill, and Kirk just signed.  Low level FA signing sure but any high profile guys forget it.