BWT: BYE Week Thread

Phire

Random BYE week talk. How we feeling fellas? When was the last time you felt this good about an Eagles team?

The BYE Week Bait a Cowboy Rivalry Challenge:
10 points for a Cowboy bait. Negative 5 points for an accidental friendly fire bait. No trolling :)

Phire : 60 points
Jcoc: -5 points
Rbreezy: 10 points
Nabbs: 10 points
eagles18: 50 points
Danger: 10 points
Eagles3658: 20 points
Broadway: 10 points

6 minutes ago, Phire said:

Random BYE week talk. How we feeling fellas? When was the last time you felt this good about an Eagles team?

Since 2004.  Don’t know how this team is as good as them. On offense, we don’t have anyone as good as TO, but QB is better and more overall weapons.  2004 D was better doe.

I feel confident about our matchups every week, but the little bit of cynical philly fan in me keeps waiting for the shoe to drop at the most crushing time, probably in the NFCCG.

16 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Since 2004.  Don’t know how this team is as good as them. On offense, we don’t have anyone as good as TO, but QB is better and more overall weapons.  2004 D was better doe.

I feel confident about our matchups every week, but the little bit of cynical philly fan in me keeps waiting for the shoe to drop at the most crushing time, probably in the NFCCG.

That's actually a good question. Is the 2017 team better than the 2004 team?

Honestly, and this may just be me, but I think that 2004 team wins it all if Roy Williams that disgusting Cowboy doesn't horse-collar T.O. and breaks his leg prior to playoffs. I remember it being a miracle that T.O. played in the Super Bowl, and he definitely didn't have the toughness and explosion we saw all year. I think a healthy T.O. would have made the difference even with Donovan puking on the field and the terrible clock management by Andy.

With that being said, that 2004 team was really special. It's too early to tell if this 2017 team will simmer off or not. 

2004 - 2017

McNabb - Wentz ?

Westbrook, Levens✅ - Blount, Ajayi, Clement, Smallwood

Lewis, LJ - Ertz, Burton, Celek ✅

TO, Pinkston, Mitchell, Lewis✅ - Alshon, Smith, Agholor, Hollins

Thomas✅ - JP/Big V

Hicks - Wiz/War✅

Fraley - Kelce✅

Mayberry - Brooks✅

Runyan - Lane ?

Burgess, Hugh, Kearse - Curry/DB, BG/Long✅

Simon, Walker, Thomas - Cox, Jernigan, Allen✅

Trotter, Simenou, Dhani - Hicks, Bradham, Kendricks✅

Lito, Sheldon, Hood✅ - Robinson, Mills, Douglas, Darby

Dawk, Lewis, Mikel✅ - Jenkins, McLeod, Watkins

Akers✅ - Elliot

Johnson - Jones?

I got 7-6-3 in favor of 2017. Had to consider injuries in a few. But overall, I think the talent is deeper in 2017. 2004 had better high end talent though. 

Archived