BWT: BYE Week Thread

Phire

CK is a Miami writer and obviously is biased towards the Dolphins, but he's heard his fair share of inside info on Ajayi or so he says.

The way he is running there really is awkward though. It's almost like he's bow legged.

I do worry about those knees and I doubt I'd pay him long term after his deal is up next year.

We only gave up a 4th rounder and a late one at that for him, so I'm not too bothered by him possibly not being here for the long haul.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

CK is a Miami writer and obviously is biased towards the Dolphins, but he's heard his fair share of inside info on Ajayi or so he says.

The way he is running there really is awkward though. It's almost like he's bow legged.

I do worry about those knees and I doubt I'd pay him long term after his deal is up next year.

We only gave up a 4th rounder and a late one at that for him, so I'm not too bothered by him possibly not being here for the long haul.

WTF... There's definitely truth to his knees being a concern, history is enough to prove that, but I've got to assume there is some sort of illusion going on or camera trick that is making him look like a 10 year old Forrest Gump in that clip. That just looks so unnatural, how can he even move that fast if the footage is not deceiving and he's really waddling with bowed knees?

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Did someone say..........

HAUL????.

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

WTF... There's definitely truth to his knees being a concern, history is enough to prove that, but I've got to assume there is some sort of illusion going on or camera trick that is making him look like a 10 year old Forrest Gump in that clip. That just looks so unnatural, how can he even move that fast if the footage is not deceiving and he's really waddling with bowed knees?

Maybe he just runs weird lol I dont know what a person running with bad knees is supposed to look like

11 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

at this point does it matter? he ran 77 yards on 8 carries vs the #2 rush defense. 

I think he looked fine in his other carries too. He was barreling over people. He's got thicc legs. There's highschool film of his on Youtube, I just checked it out. None of them show an angle from behind but you can tell he's got a weird stride. As in, he doesn't really stride at all. He runs with really short choppy steps.

Listen, I'm not saying his knee problems are nonexistent. He has a torn ACL in his medical history and he plays the most grueling position in sports. Most RBs have demolished knees by the time they approach 30. I'm sure there's truth to that.

But I'm going to assume Howie and the medical staff did their homework. Or, they simply have short-term expectations. Either way, at this point, we have to assume the current front office isn't going to mismanage their personnel all of a sudden. Maybe they literally use him for one year and we draft a RB early and he's an afterthought. Anything is possible I suppose.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I ain't giving him a long term deal but I'll be happy to have him this year and next.

I don't think he's in the long term plans past 2018 regardless. They will (baring injury) probably Run him into the ground next season ala Murray with Dallas in 2014 and move on. 

He'll either go Beast Mode the next 20-30gms and demand way to much money , Eagles move on.

Or

Get hurt eventually putting up good to great numbers while healthy but not be resigned.  Either way I'll be shocked if he's a Eagle in 2019.

This has Short Term Gain/Upside written all over it.

Vegas has a new favorite to win Super Bowl LII: The Philadelphia Eagles.

Despite opening the 2017 season with long odds to win it all after a 7-9 finish under Doug Pederson the year before, the Birds opened this week with 4/1 odds of taking home their first-ever Lombardi Trophy, according to futures forecasts from Bovada and Las Vegas' Westgate SuperBook.

Archived