12 members have voted

1. 1. Rate This Mock

• Amazing
    • Above Average
    • Ehh
    • Load Of Crap
    • Never Post Again

1.     Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan

A lot of smoke around getting a blindside protector for Trevor Lawrence here. Bigtime decision coming with the Jags and 26-year old OT Cam Robinson – do they give him the franchise tag, let him walk, or sign him long-term? Great thing about doing this mock earlier – we can play GM too! I think Cam is signed long-term, he had a good year last year and can continue to build rapport with Lawrence. Locking him up lowers the OT need and moves this pick to – let’s take the best player available in Hutchinson. Just a fantastic all-around Edge defender, with quickness and a refined array of moves and technique. He may not have the elite bend or burst, but he’s a Day 1 starter opposite Josh Allen with upside to be a consistent Pro Bowler. Opposing offensive lines will have their hands full with this combo.

2.     Detroit Lions: DE Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon

Motown has a lot of young, interesting pieces on offense already – Amon-Ra St. Brown, Penei Sewell, D’Andre Swift, TJ Hockenson.  If there was a surefire QB or two for the taking here, yes, I think this would be in the cards, but there aren’t. This moves us to the defensive side of the ball, where the team’s pass rush never got going, generating the 3rd-least number of sacks during 2021. This need fits the draft’s talent, where I would argue front seven defensive prospects are the strongest position. The Lions go for Thibodeaux, with ideal size / length / burst for the position. A bit of a boom-bust prospect given some inconsistencies to his tape, but the upside is #2 pick material, and the Lions grab him here in hopes that Thibodeaux can galvanize the team pass rush from weakness to strength.

3.     Houston Texans: OT Ickey Ekwonu, NC State

Houston needs help at offensive line, and badly. They gave up 44 sacks in 2021 and allowed only 3.4 yards per carry for their RBs. Adding talent here makes that much more sense once the top two pass rushers go off the board.  Enter the nasty Ekwonu here – competitive and powerful player who is a force in the run game (which will be an immediate boost to one of the league’s worst). Not quite as strong in pass protection, yet, but all the tools are there. Some may argue he's a Guard, but I’d ask those to look at the seamless transition to the pro game from Tristan Wirfs as a counter.  He’ll be just fine at OT, and the Texans plug him in right there at #3.

4.     New York Jets: CB Sauce Gardner, Clemson

The Jets find themselves on the board at #4 with their choice of the top corner of the class, and a porous pass defense which gave up the third-most passing yards in the league last year. Yes – some will blame the pass rush, and rightfully so, but with the top two guys off the board the Jets look to add a lockdown corner to their stable. Enter Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner – the height/weight/speed combo that you look for, the Jets grab their guy here.

5.     New York Giants: OT Evan Neal, Alabama

A scenario where Neal falls to #5 is no doubt run to the podium for Schoen and company. The Giants offensive line is a trainwreck, and Andrew Thomas is the only one worth a damn. Neal will shore up the RT spot and give the GMEN two powerful anchors to let Daniel Jones confidently direct this offense and truly grade what they have here from a skill position standpoint.

6.     Carolina Panthers: OL Kenyon Green, Texas A&M

Outside of stud RT Taylor Moton, this Carolina offensive line is in rough shape. It’s been ignored for too long, and this significant Panthers need forces their hand to take best player available at OL here in Green, a mammoth of a man (6’4, 325) at his best inside but with flexibility to play outside, surprising quickness to be able to more than hang here. While some may think this is a reach, watch Green’s name as a riser due to the flexibility and sheer strength / power features.

7.     New York Giants: OC Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa

OK fine, positional value is rough here.  No doubt however that Linderbaum is the kind of athletic mauler inside that the Giants need, and what a haul for the Giants at the top which will give Daniel Jones and company the time in the pocket to really go for it on offense.

8.     Atlanta Falcons: S Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame

The run on offensive lineman has premier talent sliding, and Hamilton presents way too much value at this point.  A tall, rangy defender, Hamilton has speed and instincts to be one of the best in the game.  He’s also a Georgia high school alum! A dream spot for both team and player, this would be a very interesting scenario.

9.     Denver Broncos: QB Kyle Pickett, Pittsburgh

The QB lull stops here, as the Broncos grab Pickett inside the top-10. The offensive skill position talent in Denver is there and then some, with Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant, Tim Patrick, and Javonte Williams. The problem is at signal caller, where Elway and company haven’t really made a top-tier investment in a QB since signing Peyton Manning before the 2012 season.  Assuming they don’t sign Aaron Rodgers over the offseason, putting a flag in Pickett here makes a lot of sense.

10.  New York Jets: WR Garrett Wilson, Ohio State

Gang Green has their pick of the wideout group at #10, and inks Wilson here. A route running technician with agility to scorch defenders across the whole tree, and be lethal after the catch, grabbing Wilson would give QB Zach Wilson a strong arsenal of pass catchers around him, adding a bonafide no. 1 to promising youngsters Elijah Moore and Braxton Berrios.  

11. Washington Commanders: OL Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa

Penning has the size and frame to matchup with anyone. He started predominately at left tackle but has the capability to play the interior as well. This guy plays with the type of attitude you want from an O-Lineman. Washington doesn’t hesitate as they look to add another strong piece to their offense. He should be an immediate starter for the Commanders.

12. Minnesota Vikings: EDGE Jermaine Johnson, Florida State

The Vikings have a big need for pass rushers and there isn’t many with the size and athleticsm of Johnson. He is a little bit raw but will improve with more coaching and game experience. He is relentless and will make an immediate impact in the run game with a chance to refine his technique and dominate the pass rush as well. It also helped that he had a dominating week at the Senior bowl.

13. Cleveland Browns: WR Drake London, USC

The Browns finally land another top tier playmaker. London, who stands at 6’5, is a big long receiver who can play from anywhere on the field. Where he lacks is his top-end speed and separation quickness but makes up for in his route running and savvy playmaking abilities. This fills an immediate void for Cleveland.

14. Baltimore Ravens: OT Charles Cross, Mississippi State

The Ravens need help on both fronts, but they can’t pass up on a premier talent like Cross. He is not the most athletic of the bunch but plays at a high level of consistency which is important at the next level. The Ravens had a rough time protecting their QB’s last year and will look to try and keep Lamar Jackson healthy by drafting this very large man who has some great technique.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: LB Devin Llyod, Utah

The Eagles have 3 first round draft picks to use here and fill their first hole at linebacker. Lloyd is the #1 linebacker in this draft class. He filled the stat sheets across all categories in college, plays with a high motor every play. Some say he is still slightly undisciplined but with some quality practice and coaching he can adjust well.

16. Philadelphia Eagles:  DE George Karlaftis, Purdue

Karlaftis is a relentless edge defender with great power and hands. He has only two full seasons under his belt and will need some development but there is no doubt he will be a future star in this league as long as his health is intact. He has great football IQ and will work tirelessly to help this Eagles defense become competitive again.

17. Los Angeles Chargers: DT Jordan Davis, Georgia

The chargers get their Nose tackle of the future. This dude is beefy with a 6’6 340lbs frame. He will make opposing teams think twice about running the ball. He won’t be lighting up the stat sheet, but Davis will make an instant impact for a team that will continue to try and bulk up their defense this draft.

18. New Orleans Saints: QB Matt Corral, Ole Miss

This is a no brainer here. New head coach Dennis Allen gets his quarterback of the future. This team has been desperate for a franchise QB after Brees left and they finally get a chance. Matt is very small for your typical quarterback but has a lot of heart and maturity for his age. He makes precise throws and can use his legs when needed. There will be growing pains here, as with most rookies, but this guy can flat out play.

19. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Andrew Booth, Clemson

There is a good chance the Eagles lose Steven Nelson and don’t have much talent at the cornerback position. They got burned a lot last year and Booth can help change that narrative this year. Booth has great size and length but is slightly inexperienced. In his limited film, he shows great ball-hawking instincts as well as the ability to win 50-50 balls. This kid will only get better with time.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers: QB Malik Willis, Liberty

Willis oozes with talent and has major upside. The Steelers are a perfect organization to try and put those pieces together as they have good players at other positions as well to help this kid succeed. He has a cannon for an arm and wheels to blow past most defenders. He lacks the consistency with his throws and will need to learn ball security in this league. The fact is this guy can put up 100 yards rushing every game. The Steelers do not hesitate to grab Malik.

21. New England Patriots: CB, Trent McDuffie, Washington

The Patriots need another cornerback in their secondary and McDuffie is that guy. The Patriots land a CB who is not huge in size but makes up for in his ability to play press coverage and is fearless. He has the competitiveness that Bill seeks in his players. He may have some growing pains but will be one of the top corners in the league in the couple of years. 

22. Las Vegas Raiders: LB, Nakobe Dean, Georgia

The Las Vegas Raiders had a hell of a year last year but were still able to persevere and make the playoffs. With a new regime this year and the depth of the wide receiver class they fill a defensive need with Dean who is undersized but consistently makes plays all over the field. A slam dunk pick for Vegas.

23.  Arizona Cardinals: CB, Derrick Stingley Jr, LSU

After the 2019 seasons Stingley seemed like to be a lock to be a top 5 pick but after two injury plague seasons he falls far in this draft. The combine/pro day will be of massive importance for him but at this point in the draft it is an absolute steal to grab Stingley who has all the tools to be a shutdown corner. The Arizona Cardinals just found their next number one corner for the next 10-15 years.

24. Dallas Cowboys: Edge, Travon Walker, Georgia

This is an absolute loaded Edge class and Walker’s name is just starting to pop up with those top names.  The athleticism and length is  exactly what you are looking for as an edge defender and pairing him with talent like Micah Parsons will allow Walker to make an immediate impact from Day 1.

25. Buffalo Bills: Edge, David Ojabo, Michigan

Overshadowed by Hutchinson, Ojabo was an absolute stud last year with his incredible explosivness and quality production. As a one year wonder he will have questions coming into this draft but his tools can’t be teached and joining the Bill’s would be ideal for Ojabo to just let it rip and get to the quarterback.

26. Tennessee Titans:  WR, Chris Olave, OSU

Julio Jones is not a long term answer for the Titans and AJ Brown will be the number one for a long time so they are looking for a consistent #2 and Olave fits that bill.  Even though does not have the insane upside/tools as other wide receivers, Olave is an excellent route runner who will be a great compliment to Brown for years to come.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DT, Phidarian Mathis, Alabama

This team is going to fall fast with the bevy of talent that has left and more talent potentially leaving in FA. Mathis is not a flashy pick but with Suh potentially leaving they pick up Mathis who will be a plug and play starter at DT. Mathis has the build to be a factor for years and while he is not going to consistently get to the quarterback he is a run stuffer with surprising twitch that will allow him to potentially end up playing 3 downs. 

28.  Green Bay Packers: WR, Jahan Dotson, Penn State

Another team that could fall fast if Rodgers leaves/retires, the Packers are in a holding pattern but whatever decision he makes they could use another stud who could compliment Adams temporarily and then step up to become the #1 when Adams’ inevitably leaves. Dotson has incredible hands and if he was a bit bigger, he would be in consideration for the top wideout in the draft but this kid catches everything and is a safe/upside pick late in the 1st round.

29.  Dolphins: OT, Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan

For better or worse the Dolphins are sticking with Tua right now. The team has weapons and could always use more but Raimann is too tempting to pass at this point in the draft.  He is new to the game coming from Austria but he has the size/drive to be a starter at either LT or RT for a long time in the NFL.

30. Kansas City Chiefs: WR, Jameson Williams, Alabama

Without the ACL injury in the National Championship game, Williams would probably be the first receiver picked in this class. The Chiefs can afford to wait with the rehab and take the dynamic Williams after the failed Hardman experiment to give the Chiefs a true wide receiver two to scare defenses for the next decade.

31. Cincinnati Bengals: OT, Daniel Faalele, Minnesota

A surprise team that has nailed the draft in the past few years but have neglected the offensive line which ended up hurting them in their Super Bowl loss. Faalele is an absolutely gargantuan human being and a potential RT early in his career. Due to his size, he has not able to bend/move as well as other prospects but has the ability to just maul people that can make up for said shortcomings.

32. Detroit Lions:  WR, Treylon Burks, Arkansas

An absolute steal with the last pick in the first round, the Lions find a guy who has the potential to develop into a true number one wide out. Due to being a tad raw, Burns slips far in the draft but you cannot teach his height/weight/speed and with Amon Ra already in the fold you are starting to develop a solid wr group for years to come.

6 hours ago, vshank8182 said:

upside is #2 pick material,

# 2 pick in the draft and I hear up side. I'm am so sick of this so call experts  draft buzz phrase. I know let change it to throw your soil shorts against the wall and see if they.  stick!!!!!!

Other buzz phrases I hate

Red Zone threat  -- what he stinks in the field of play !!!!!!

50/50 balls ------ So basically not speed or separation !!!

How about this take Ickey Ekwonu, NC State play him at guard beside Penei Sewell and run behind them for the next 10 to 15 years!!!!!!!  I think that's a better choice.

The talk on this kid is a complete joke. He has shown nothing when it come to playing the position. I can give you two recent QBs that have no clue, Lance and Love, also I could name 1000 more. He we go frigging upside!!!!   Let make this easy would you actually bet your house on this pick.

21. New England Patriots: CB, Trent McDuffie, Washington

I see him as a 2nd round talent however that just my opinion which is no better than yours.  I would rather take Walker and get a CB in the 2nd RD.

Sorry  overall good draft however there are some head scratches. Thanks for the work.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Ah shank my friend why you gotta treat me and the Falcons so good today :)   You getting all the loves from ya boy for this pick.  A++++++++ on Hamilton for the Falcons every single time he's my #1 player in the draft.  You'll for sure get that Amazing vote from me on this one and will stay pretty high as long as it's never a WR or QB with that #8 pick on any draft for us lol.

Edited by FalconFan13

If Faalele shows athletic enough to not get run past on the edge or susceptible to quick inside moves then i'm on board for the Bengals.  Dude is just a monster sized human being and could potentially be a great RT.

6'8.25"
387 lbs
35.375" arms
11" hands
86.25" wingspan

If only they could get Faalele and trade for Mekhi Becton, have a 750 lb right side of the line, lol.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If Faalele shows athletic enough to not get run past on the edge or susceptible to quick inside moves then i'm on board for the Bengals.  Dude is just a monster sized human being and could potentially be a great RT.

6'8.25"
387 lbs
35.375" arms
11" hands
86.25" wingspan

If only they could get Faalele and trade for Mekhi Becton, have a 750 lb right side of the line, lol.

If Faalele does well at the combine, either athletically or in the drills, I’d be surprised if no one snagged him there at the bottom of the first.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:53 AM, vshank8182 said:

9.     Denver Broncos: QB Kyle Pickett, Pittsburgh

Kenny 😁

On 2/28/2022 at 5:53 AM, vshank8182 said:

I really hope not. 

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

6'8.25"
387 lbs
35.375" arms
11" hands
86.25" wingspan

Becton and faalele would not be as devastating as you think cuz neither are suited to play guard not to mention it would be pretty tough to throw over them. 

Bengals drafted 3 O-linemen last year and Adeniji the year before. I doubt they draft an O-lineman in the 1st round and maybe not any at all this year. Our need is so extreme and we have so much cap money and possibility of a ring that we'll have lots of options in free agency. I expect the Bengals to sign 4 starting O-linemen in free agency (possibly including re-signing Spain and Reiff). So Bengals draft needs should be CB or DT. 

• Like 1