Disney completes 21st Century Fox acquisition

Acgott

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

They're not just gonna not release those two X-Men movies.  I bet they go straight to Netflix.

Dark Phoenix is definitely going to release in theaters. New Mutants could end up on a streaming site 

39 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Dark Phoenix is definitely going to release in theaters. New Mutants could end up on a streaming site 

It's possible, but don't be so sure.  Remember, big budget movies typically spend half their production on advertisement.  They may not want to do that when the property is already sold and it's sure to bomb anyway.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It's possible, but don't be so sure.  Remember, big budget movies typically spend half their production on advertisement.  They may not want to do that when the property is already sold and it's sure to bomb anyway.

But buying them out also means they buy the investments made on movie's currently slated for release. Why would they not try to get a return on investment? To be petty? Besides, again, this deal is FAR from official. We have a long way to go before Disney actually owns anything. 

8 hours ago, KManX89 said:

We probably won't get another Die Hard anytime soon, but then again, that series pretty much died with AGDTDH, so it doesn't really change anything. I could see them doing a TV series in the near future, though. 

Though I do wonder how this affects the solo Dr. Doom movie Fox was supposedly working on. My guess is they'll try to work Mads Mikkelson's Victor Von Doom into the MCU without casting a new actor like they're obviously going to do with the X-Men. 

Speaking of which, I hear Fox is cancelling Dark Phoenix and New Mutants in light of the Disney buyout, so perhaps they're already working on their first MCU run:

Mikkelson was already in Dr. Strange as a prominent villain. 

On 7/28/2018 at 4:32 PM, Acgott said:

Check the source in your link. It came from a random user on a site called Superhero Hype. CLEAR clickbate 

Like I said, not the only site reporting it, but again, I know it's dated. 

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Like I said, not the only site reporting it, but again, I know it's dated. 

It’s terrible sites repeating clickbaits. It’s about the benjamins for them. It’s not about being correct. The source is a random guy on superhero site. Complete garbage.

• 7 months later...
Just now, seminoles1 said:

No way that'll happen yet.

Seeing how the deal wasn't finalized by the time they wrapped up filming, no way. I mean, they could do reshoots with a new post-credits scene involving mutants, but it doesn't seem likely.

Although DDS3's ending featured Dr. Oyama, who experimented on Wolverine, so you never know. 

Archived