Disney completes 21st Century Fox acquisition

Acgott

56 minutes ago, NickButera said:

We're seeing it on all sorts of business culture too. Look at the e-commerce landscape. The land of the start ups are over. Once they get to a certain size, the larger corporations gobble them up via acquisitions. They and can scale them better, faster, the owners get their payouts and usually retain contracts with the company acquiring. We see it religiously now in my business.   

Hate to say it, but I wonder if 50-100 years from now if we begin to morph into an some kind of oligarchy. 

We already are an oligarchy people just don't want to admit it...but that's not a discussion for this site. 

I agree with the general consensus...while the potential impact on some of the movie franchises is cool this is ultimately not a good thing...at all.

Didnt realize that the Mouse already owns 33% of MLBAM/BAMTV. Add in Fox's rights to streaming MLB, and we have pretty much seen the end to MLB TV/NHL Package as we know it.

No more $5 flash deal on July 4th. No $20 half season deal. Prices are going to skyrocket, and quality will probably go down.

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

This is a huge nightmare, especially since they will be getting all the regional Fox Sports networks.

I watch the Braves, Hawks, and Preds on Sport South/Fox Sports South, and if Disney/ESPN acquires it, its going to go downhill fast, and who knows what stupid direction they will take them.

Also, it sounds like Disney would own MLB TV as well, and you know they will f**k that up somehow. 

Marvel and X-Men together? Whooptie do. 

Hockey? The 6th most popular sport in this country (at best)?  Whooptie do. 

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Disney, please buy Fox News and only play your Disney Original Movies on it.(and do the same with MSNBC while you're at it) America will thank you.

Actually if they got rid of the Kardashians, like just took them out the day they bought Fox, I would be happy.

Archived