Payton's Fire ?

BossierWhoDat

Just a quick thought after watching the replays of the Bucs games...

How about Payton getting fired up ready to fight somebody over Lattimore!!? 

I know he always goes to bat for his players but its exciting to see how close they all are this season. Oh and Evans is sooo lucky he didnt hurt Shon ??

2 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Just a quick thought after watching the replays of the Bucs games...

How about Payton getting fired up ready to fight somebody over Lattimore!!? 

I know he always goes to bat for his players but its exciting to see how close they all are this season. Oh and Evans is sooo lucky he didnt hurt Shon ??

The truth is that although a rookie... Lattimore is arguably the most vital part of this team right now. Yes hes that important and Payton seeing perhaps his best player take a cheap shot like that had to ? him up.

It feels odd to see Payton like a defensive player. I keep thinking, what if this were Kamara? He'd have lost his s**t! 

Payton: Leave Reggie
      assistant: (undertoned) UH-HEM... it's Alvin
Payton: What?
      assistant: (undertoned) it's Alvin.....Kamara.... you know? The "other" rookie!
Payton: Oh... Yeah! Leave Kamara outta this!!!!

Payton: Anybody got any God***ned Juicy Fruit?!

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was thinking Payton might get ejected, which was bs of course, since Evans didn't.  But I was kinda hoping he would, just to see if it fired the team up.

Did yall catch Payton's interaction with his young defensive secondary on the sideline after the game? I knownhe was feeling it with alot of his players but when he got to Lattimore, Williams and others you can tell he was really feeling those guys. Its clear Payton understands what hes got back there and what they mean to this defense. Another thing is while all those guys are playing great... Lattimore is having a all pro season, Von Bell had tjr best game of his career once Vaccaro went out but Payton could not shut up about Marcus Williams... Payton finally got that roaming free safety hes always wanted which allows guys like Vaccaro and Bell to play up closwr to the LOS.

Have we been underestimating Williams rookie season? Easy to get overlooked with the season Lattimores having.

5 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Did yall catch Payton's interaction with his young defensive secondary on the sideline after the game? I knownhe was feeling it with alot of his players but when he got to Lattimore, Williams and others you can tell he was really feeling those guys. Its clear Payton understands what hes got back there and what they mean to this defense. Another thing is while all those guys are playing great... Lattimore is having a all pro season, Von Bell had tjr best game of his career once Vaccaro went out but Payton could not shut up about Marcus Williams... Payton finally got that roaming free safety hes always wanted which allows guys like Vaccaro and Bell to play up closwr to the LOS.

Have we been underestimating Williams rookie season? Easy to get overlooked with the season Lattimores having.

Yea, Williams been playing great and it's being overshadowed by our other rookies.

We won the draft and it isn't even close IMO.

1 minute ago, Mid Iowa said:

I know we'va all been pretty hard on De'Vante Harris, but how about that kid coming right in to Lattimore's defense, knocking Evans and Winston out of the way.

That's a Bro moment.

Then doing it aginist his buddy Evans at that... Props to him

4 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I was thinking Payton might get ejected, which was bs of course, since Evans didn't.  But I was kinda hoping he would, just to see if it fired the team up.

That would've been awesome. He would've gone out in a blaze of glory.

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Williams and Lattimore played in 100% of the snaps this week.

Crawley 98%

Bell, 83%

Vaccaro, 47%

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Didn't PFF give Von Bell their game ball?

Whether you like PFF or not, we clearly have some special players here finally.  As good a game as everyone else had, Von Bell gets their game ball.

I see PFF as a useful tool... Just not the end all be all of player grading. Especially when it comes to offensive and defensive lineman there grading is skewed.

Archived