Mock Draft Simulator thread

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

SMOKESCREENS!

The medical rumors may be smokescreens. But he’s pretty maxed out, and hits very few thresholds size-wise. And teams let centers fall…see Creed Humphrey. 

I love the guy. I think he will be there when we pick, but don’t really expect the Cowboys to love him when he’s there. 

• Like 1

I have been hesitant about the value of Linderbaum being a center but figured his value over Zion was such  you couldn't pass on him but from what I hear it sounds like our pick might come down to Green, Penning or Zion.   Still do we take Davis, Dean or Olave instead though.

I think we should take players with the most position flex. We dont have much at back up OT. We have more resources in the interior that can hopefully develop. 

So if we went Green, who I believe plays everything but C, I would be pretty happy. 

Edited by Matts4313

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I think we should take players with the most position flex. We dont have much at back up OT. We have more resources in the interior that can hopefully develop. 

So if we went Green, who I believe plays everything but C, I would be pretty happy. 

Green as an OT prospect only would be a day 3 pick. He makes sense for Dallas if you want a really good guard prospect. If you are bumping him up in your wish list because you think he can develop into a tackle, I think you are valuing the wrong things. 

3 hours ago, quiller said:

I have been hesitant about the value of Linderbaum being a center but figured his value over Zion was such  you couldn't pass on him but from what I hear it sounds like our pick might come down to Green, Penning or Zion.   Still do we take Davis, Dean or Olave instead though.

The tea leaves would tell you Olave, Burks, Zion, and Green are the 4 players to keep an eye on, if the Cowboys make a pick at #24.

Penning and Davis will likely be long gone.

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Probably the best mock for Dallas I’ve seen. First 4 rds are HRs, though I think 56 and 88 should be flipped. 

https://nfldraftplex.com/2022/04/12/2022-nfl-draft-super-mock/

I just don’t see Jelani Woods falling out of the 2nd round. A 6’7” TE who had 8 TDS in 11 games last year, and then ran a 4.6 with a 38 inch vert… In a TE starved league that saw some ridiculous FA activity… if you want Woods he needs to go in round 2