Aidan Huthcinson Vs Kyle Hamilton

Just Want A Title

I see a lot of the draft pundits debating if the Lions should take one Aidan Hutchinson at #2 or Kyle Hamilton.  While Hamilton is an elite safety prospect and possibly the best overall player in the draft his positional value compared to that of an edge-rusher like Hutchinson may not worth the #2 pick to some folks. 

The argument for Hamilton:  The Lions need a safety even if they re-sign Tracy Walker.  He is 6'4", about 218lbs and described as a freakish athlete.  It may be just pre-draft smoke but there are folks making the case for him being the best overall player in the draft and maybe even a generational talent.

The argument for Hutchinson:  The Lions need and edge-rusher.  Charles Harris may have earned himself a bigger contract than the Lions are willing to pay.  He has good size, excellent hand-use and non-stop motor.  Most people are comparing him to a more athletic Maxx Crosby.  He looks like he has the potential to be a very good player but most people have him a notch below Nick Bosa and TJ Watt.  

If Kyle Hamilton really is the better overall player, do you take him at #2 given the structure of rookie contracts or does he slide due to positional value?  Thoughts?

I don't think I could take a S over pass rusher in the top 2.  Even though I like a lot of pass rushers later, it would be a risk.  The last generational DB in the draft was Okudah, who was the best CB prospect since Patrick Peterson and that has scared me off.  I like Hamilton, but would want to move down if we were going to draft him. 

• Like 1

I'm at the point where I want to move down. My top 3 guys in this draft are Hutch, Kayvon and Hamilton. I would be okay with any of them at #2 to be honest. But I really think there is value for the Lions in moving down. The issue is how far down and who wants to move up. 

2 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm at the point where I want to move down. My top 3 guys in this draft are Hutch, Kayvon and Hamilton. I would be okay with any of them at #2 to be honest. But I really think there is value for the Lions in moving down. The issue is how far down and who wants to move up. 

Agreed.  I would love to move down with one of the teams with a ton of picks like Philly or NYG.  Give me 15, 16 and 3rd and they can have 2.  I don't really want to be down that far but we can grab our top WR and someone like Lloyd or Ojabo and then

• Like 1

Jags just tagged their OT so it's looking Hutch might be their pick at #1. So it comes down to Kayvon vs Hamilton at #2 or trade back. I don't see a trade available at this point. I'm actually starting to lean towards Hamilton and picking up an EDGE in the second round. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Jags just tagged their OT so it's looking Hutch might be their pick at #1. So it comes down to Kayvon vs Hamilton at #2 or trade back. I don't see a trade available at this point. I'm actually starting to lean towards Hamilton and picking up an EDGE in the second round. 

Agreed. I really want nothing to do with KT at 2. If we were super lucky, Johnson falls to us at 32. Someone will fall, it’s just a matter of who and what position?

53 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they keep tagging Cam Robinson.  He doesn't seem to be an elite tackle like Ronnie Stanley.  Maybe they are trying to get leverage for a trade.

After the combine I think the easy answer is still Hutch at 2 if he is there.  Hamilton disappointed some and although he can be a great safety, I am not sure he is special enough to be a top 2 pick.  If Hutch goes 1, I think we will be deciding between Travon Walker, Kayvon, or Karalaftis.  I wouldn't mind Hamilton in that scenario but would expect we would still be looking at pass rushers. 

14 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

After the combine I think the easy answer is still Hutch at 2 if he is there.  Hamilton disappointed some and although he can be a great safety, I am not sure he is special enough to be a top 2 pick.  If Hutch goes 1, I think we will be deciding between Travon Walker, Kayvon, or Karalaftis.  I wouldn't mind Hamilton in that scenario but would expect we would still be looking at pass rushers. 

^^^ This.