Winston being Shut Down for a Couple Weeks

The Gnat

I preface this by saying that I know I'm being harsh. 

But I'd be in the market for a new starting QB. Jameis, for me, is terrible. He is so inconsistent. Has a number of really highly graded throws, but an even higher amount of turnover worthy/bad throws - which sums up his career. I watched him completely butcher their game against us (TB could easily have won that), grotesquely overthrowing receivers against the 32nd ranked pass defense. His saving grace is that he's a demon throwing on the run, so they should just dial up a playbook to cater for that. 

This is without going into his obvious camera-pandering "speeches". I'd have walked off if I was on that team listening that. Also, his shove on Lattimore was petulant, childish and un-QB like. 

I'd say he was such a disappointment, but I've never really bought into him.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I preface this by saying that I know I'm being harsh. 

But I'd be in the market for a new starting QB. Jameis, for me, is terrible. He is so inconsistent. Has a number of really highly graded throws, but an even higher amount of turnover worthy/bad throws - which sums up his career. I watched him completely butcher their game against us (TB could easily have won that), grotesquely overthrowing receivers against the 32nd ranked pass defense. His saving grace is that he's a demon throwing on the run, so they should just dial up a playbook to cater for that. 

This is without going into his obvious camera-pandering "speeches". I'd have walked off if I was on that team listening that. Also, his shove on Lattimore was petulant, childish and un-QB like. 

I'd say he was such a disappointment, but I've never really bought into him.

He's a mental midget. He'll never be anything more than a whole lot of potential that just couldn't put it all together. Dude is just really, really dumb.

3 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Bucs have to be considered a big disappointment this season. There were some who had them making the playoffs. Looks like right now 10 losses is a real possibility for them. 

We're looking at a top five pick in the draft. Could be even higher if the 9ers and Browns can scrape together a couple wins. We seem to have given up.

4 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

He's a mental midget. He'll never be anything more than a whole lot of potential that just couldn't put it all together. Dude is just really, really dumb.

This I blame on FSU, the university obviously dropped the ball on preparing a quarterback to handle simple life decisions as well as the stress of being famous.  If the university fulfilled its responsibility of having a dedicated rolemodel/ advisor with him 24/7 Winston would be the best quarterback in the league and probably one of the top citizens in the USA.

The next 2-3 weeks (or rest of the season) off could be just what Winston needs to reflect on his decision making and maturity. He's still only 23. 

On a side note I wonder how much of losing is taking a 'toll' on him. Throughout his career he hasn't had to cope with losing until the Bucs picked him...

8 hours ago, tom cody said:

The Bucs have to be considered a big disappointment this season. There were some who had them making the playoffs. Looks like right now 10 losses is a real possibility for them. 

We’ll be lucky to reach four wins. The team has quit on its fourth head coach in six years, so there’s little or no leadership in the locker room.

Playoff talk wasn’t unreasonable given how we finished last season and the players we added in the offseason. A fundamentally bad culture in the locker room and a lack of talent has lead us to this point.

Archived