If Jerry Jones had let Jimmy Johnson coach, how many more Super Bowls would they have won?

Championshiporbust

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Jerrys ego and the extend he screwed up badly is he got completely ish faced and tried to join the coaches dinner. When Jimmy kicked him out, he grabbed a couple reporters and declared, famously, that 500 coaches could win with that roster. 

He didnt cheap out on Jimmy. Jimmy had the largest coaches contract in the NFL and Jerry even offered him a raise. 

You are free to pretend that Jimmy did not want more money than Jerry offered him.

I myself will trust what Jimmy actually said about it.

• Like 1

I think they would have won 2 total. I have no idea why it's so popular to assign non-ending titles to that team. Other than something that never happens its a great theory. Jimmy Johnson is admittedly a restless type and wouldn't have stayed long anyway. The Cowboys did a remarkable job regaining the title in 1995. Contrary to conventional wisdom that almost never happens in the NFL...restoring as champion the year after being dethroned. The 1995 Cowboys were only the second team in pro football history to accomplish the feat, after the 1943 Bears. 

5 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don't know about the $$$ situation but I do know that Coach Jimmy Johnson was 100% responsible for putting those Dallas Cowboys Championship rosters together (and Jerry Jones wasn't).

He did have a little help from this guy:

VIR4HNKRKXPTJUIHHMMZDEUPUM.jpg&f=1&nofb=

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chargers said:

5 straight SBs easy. '92-'96. TD's Denver Broncos would have ended their run

As dominant as that Dynasty was, they weren't winning 5 straight. 4 in 5 years, 5 out of 7 was absolutely possible. Just depended on who wanted to get paid elsewhere. 

They weren't "unbeatable", but with Jimmy, that Trio and the culture expected within that building as a Team. I'm glad Jerry and Jimmy clashed over Ego's. 

Just find it funny that those blaming Jimmy for leaving "his choice" don't realize that Owner/GM/HC dysfunctional ending has continued for the next 25 years of Owner/GM/HC hiring, firings and relations afterwards. 

Jerry is the only Owner to my knowledge that does numerous podcasts,  post game interviews and comments weekly on personnel,  coaching and injury status as if he's the HC. 👍

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

next 25 years of Owner/GM/HC hiring, firings and relations afterwards. 

Dude, what are you talking about? Virtually every coach that has come through Dallas sings Jerry praises: 

Parcells said he believes Jones is misunderstood. He doesn’t believe Jones thinks it’s his way or no way at all. “Oh yeah, definitely. I think it’s distorted,” said Parcells, in a 2013 NFL.com article. “I think there’s a definite misperception. I just think everyone thinks things are a certain way. I didn’t see it to be that way. I think Jerry is a good businessman and a good listener. What you have to do is make sense to him.

“You’ve got to make sense to him. If he thinks you’re making sense, he’ll alter his opinion. I enjoyed him. I like him. I like him a lot.”

-----------------------------------------------

Phillips, 70, said he had "fond memories" of his time with the Cowboys and that Jones was "great to me and my family," especially after Phillips' father, Bum Phillips, passed away. Jones made a private jet available to Phillips' family.

"I'll always be indebted to him for that," Phillips said.

------------------------------------------------

I dont think I even need to comment on Garretts relationship with the Jones family. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jerry is the only Owner to my knowledge that does numerous podcasts,  post game interviews and comments weekly on personnel,  coaching and injury status as if he's the HC. 👍

The owner meddling must drive the coaches and team insane. On the profit side, Cowboys are the bees knees tho. 

47 minutes ago, FinSting said:

The owner meddling must drive the coaches and team insane. On the profit side, Cowboys are the bees knees tho. 

He doesnt really meddle any more. He pulled way back on that under Parcells, then 99% stopped like 15 years ago under Garrett. Thats an old stigma.

He does, however, love the sound of his own voice. He craves the media attention. Its why he is doing nonstop interviews and says wonky things (Glory Hole, Mosquitos, Hand Cramps, etc). He knows how to play the media, and the media loves the easy story/quotes. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He doesnt really meddle any more. He pulled way back on that under Parcells, then 99% stopped like 15 years ago under Garrett. Thats an old stigma.

He does, however, love the sound of his own voice. He craves the media attention. Its why he is doing nonstop interviews and says wonky things (Glory Hole, Mosquitos, Hand Cramps, etc). He knows how to play the media, and the media loves the easy story/quotes. 

It's like you're arguing with yourself. Who wins?

Who is the GM of the Cowboys? Type your answer below plz.