Mike Evans suspended one game for cheap shot on CB Lattimore

Dome

The league announced Monday that Evans has been suspended one game without pay for violating unsportsmanlike conduct and unnecessary roughness rules during Sunday's 30-10 loss to New Orleans. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Pro Bowl wideout plans to appeal the ruling

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000873120/article/nfl-suspends-mike-evans-one-game-for-sunday-actions

jameis.0.gif

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

How Evans gets a suspension and the felony assault that AJ Green committed gets him nothing makes no sense to me.

Honestly Evans hit was a lot more dangerous

Player safety, and all. 

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

technically, sure, but Green had the intent to inflict more damage.

Running full speed and driving your shoulder into someone's back doesn't have more intent to inflict damage than trying to throw something to the ground with a head and arm throw?

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

technically, sure, but Green had the intent to inflict more damage.

How do you inflict more damage than blindsiding a guy at top speed?

AJ Green took him to the ground immediately. The threat of serious injury to two guys in pads is almost completely eliminated at that point. It was a nasty choke slam, sure but what real threat is there for serious harm?

Evans could've seriously, seriously hurt Lattimore. I don't think Ramsey was in danger of that kind of injury. 

The crazy thing to me is that whenever I watch that, it's always the rampant immaturity of Winston during this sequence that really sticks in my mind, not even Evans going ballistic. 

Yep, its Jameis 3rd year in this league. He doesn't seem any more mature than when he first came in. Childish antics like this definitely are not what you hope to see from your top pick QB in year 3.

Archived