Mike Evans suspended one game for cheap shot on CB Lattimore

Dome

44 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

What is the basis of the appeal?

He's likely going to say he saw Lattimore shove his QB, and came to protect Winston.   Now, pretty thin for sure - but you already saw that in Evan's post-game press conference.   It may or may not fly, depending on how the film footage shows up (if Evans saw Winston's actions, then there's no way that excuse flies, and it's still a pretty flimsy excuse either way).

Winston's actually the bigger culprit, there was no need for him coming on to the field and engaging with Lattimore.   That's a huge fail as a supposed leader.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Should have been two for Evans, one for Green.  And Winston should grow the hell up already.  Is he incapable of acting like an adult?  I admit my opinion of him got worse after I saw his pre-game "speech" from yesterday. 

Look at his post game talk with the press when they asked him about it, it gets worse.

10 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Look at his post game talk with the press when they asked him about it, it gets worse.

This is what I was saying in the Saints forum.

He says he was just "Telling Lattimore to go to his sideline". Lmao, sit down you bum. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

How Evans gets a suspension and the felony assault that AJ Green committed gets him nothing makes no sense to me.

What Evans did was so much more dangerous it's ridiculous.  Anyone who has ever been in a fight in their lives has probably either slammed or been slammed like what AJ Green did.  Bouncers slam guys like that all the time.  Almost no one gets blindsided from the back from a big guy in body armor running at full speed.  That could easily kill the vast majority of people.  

Technically everything that happens between the whistles is felony assault.

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I don't know if that's true by any means. Lattimore isn't superhuman. 

Lattimore is in great shape and was wearing pads of his own.  Let Evans do that to someone not wearing pads and let's see the outcome.

I'm guessing that AJ Green didn't get suspended because he essentially missed the Jaguars game by getting ejected. Evans was, for some unknown reason, not ejected. A truly dirty play by Mike Evans, zero respect for that guy after this. Seems more like he was frustrated that a rookie was completely shutting him down and he saw an opportunity to lay a big hit on him.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Let Evans do that to someone not wearing pads and let's see the outcome.

But Lattimore was wearing pads so it's kind of a moot point. 

And I still don't think it would "easily kill the vast majority" of people, even without pads.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

But Lattimore was wearing pads so it's kind of a moot point. 

And I still don't think it would "easily kill the vast majority" of people, even without pads.

Kill was a strong word, but the potential for serious damage is much higher with what Evans did.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

Kill was a strong word, but the potential for serious damage is much higher with what Evans did.

Absolutely. I don't see AJ's stunt as any more dangerous than any other fight. People get slammed in fights all the time, usually not in pad. He gets hit harder than that every game.

17 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Absolutely. I don't see AJ's stunt as any more dangerous than any other fight. People get slammed in fights all the time, usually not in pad. He gets hit harder than that every game.

Aj was by far more likely to get hurt than jalen was in that exchange. Who is dumb enough to punch a helmet. Would have laughed if it brok his hand.

Archived