Mike Evans suspended one game for cheap shot on CB Lattimore

Dome

Just now, cddolphin said:

Why do the Bucs trot him out to these PR events, he is so awkward 

Yeah. Pretty foolish. 

Honestly I don't even care that he said it, it was stupid but harmless much like Cam's comments a several weeks back. Winston's heart seemed was in the right place for his talk with the kids, even if his brain was nowhere to be seen.

But I'm still gonna bring it up when people try to say he's been great since coming into the league, specifically when they praise him for staying out of the headlines. xD

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The most idiotic pregame "pep" talk I've ever seen.
He did get 1 thing right... "I want everybody to look at me".
Well, he was pretty clear to see, sitting on the bench eating an L

Yeah, he's not a great motivator.  Brees is great with his pregame speeches.  He either talked to or borrowed from the military with part of his pregame talk using a sort of military cadence variation where the squad/platoon leader starts off with a part of the speech, the group responds back, and and it goes back and forth through the routine.  Here's a link of a "best of" for Brees.

Best of Drew Brees Pregame

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Yeah, he's not a great motivator.  Brees is great with his pregame speeches.  He either talked to or borrowed from the military with part of his pregame talk using a sort of military cadence variation where the squad/platoon leader starts off with a part of the speech, the group responds back, and and it goes back and forth through the routine.  Here's a link of a "best of" for Brees.

Yeah I've always liked Brees leading his "Call and Response" chants after his speech. Certainly gets me pumped up, I couldn't imagine being part of it. 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yeah I've always liked Brees leading his "Call and Response" chants after his speech. Certainly gets me pumped up, I couldn't imagine being part of it. 

I remember when I was in the military, those chants were great at getting you pumped.  Used to do them before unit sports events.

3 hours ago, Raves said:

I love it!! Thanks for the link!!

Winston should be suspended for that pre game speech. I’ve only managed to watch it once I’m that embarrassed for him.

As for Evans, he deserves a suspension. In all honesty, we should have pulled him from the game after the incident, but since our coaching staff apparently don’t seem at all bothered about the way this team conducts itself, we left him in.

Archived