Combine discussion

Sllim Pickens

The Lions have a huge need at WR and this WR group looks pretty deep.  This may help drive down the price of free agent WRs.  Christian Watson, Alec Pierce, Chris Olave and Jahan Dotson would be guys who might be available in the late-first or early second round.  QB Desmond Ridder ran a 4.5 and might be better than people think if he can sit behind Goff and develop for a year or two.

The biggest disappointment for me so far is Burks.  Slower and less athletic than most of these WRs.  The worst by far of the first/2nd round projected as far as 40, 3 cone and vertical combined.  There are a lot of speedy WRs, this year and wouldn't be shocked to see a ton go in the first two rounds.  

Christian Watson made himself some money.  He had a a great day to support his film.  Still tough coming from a smaller school but he held his own at the Senior Bowl and this supported his athletic ability.  

I am disappointed in Dai'Jean Dixon's day as well.  He is probably too slow to draft now but may be a good late round/UDFA with potential.  

Kenny Pickett seems to be murdering his stock as well.  Small hands, weak deep balls, decent athletically and he is old for the draft.  

It'll be interesting to see what the team does at receiver for sure. Holmes seems comfortable waiting on drafting receivers, but the team has already been pretty clear that they want someone to play that X role. Maybe someone like Burks falls? He was supposed to be an athletic freak and although his testing wasn't poor, he didn't really blow me away either. Guys like Olave and Wilson aren't making it back to us. The class does seem deep, but I think that the top top-end guys will be gone by 32. 

Either way, there's this weird split where Holmes has said we want that X receiver while at the same time he has a history of waiting on receivers and taking guys that aren't the stereotypical elite athlete. 

Edited by Lions017

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The biggest disappointment for me so far is Burks.  Slower and less athletic than most of these WRs.  The worst by far of the first/2nd round projected as far as 40, 3 cone and vertical combined.  There are a lot of speedy WRs, this year and wouldn't be shocked to see a ton go in the first two rounds.  

Christian Watson made himself some money.  He had a a great day to support his film.  Still tough coming from a smaller school but he held his own at the Senior Bowl and this supported his athletic ability.  

I am disappointed in Dai'Jean Dixon's day as well.  He is probably too slow to draft now but may be a good late round/UDFA with potential.  

Kenny Pickett seems to be murdering his stock as well.  Small hands, weak deep balls, decent athletically and he is old for the draft.  

1000%. I was expecting this guy to run in the 4.4's. Maybe there's something going on and he'll make up for it by his pro day. However, that was about as disappointing as coming home from school and meeting "your new dad". 

London not running is curious. I haven't heard anything about him being injured. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

1000%. I was expecting this guy to run in the 4.4's. Maybe there's something going on and he'll make up for it by his pro day. However, that was about as disappointing as coming home from school and meeting "your new dad". 

London not running is curious. I haven't heard anything about him being injured. 

London fractured his ankle after 8 games this year.  He has been out for a while although he hopes to run at his pro day, which is impressive.  Said he just started running again last week. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

London fractured his ankle after 8 games this year.  He has been out for a while although he hopes to run at his pro day, which is impressive.  Said he just started running again last week. 

There you go. I hadn't heard about that but that makes a ton of sense.

So that does make me question his weight at 219 vs listed weight at 210. I'd prefer to see him be a bit bigger if he's going to be in that Mike Evans mold so I am hoping it's good weight. 

I can see Christian Watson get pushed up to the top end of the 2nd with everything he's doing so far. 

• Like 1

I think I'm changing my mind really quickly about Jordan Davis and every player in this draft. IDK if I've ever seen something like Davis. Hyperbolic maybe to say I'd draft him at 2? IDK... I'm HIGHLY impressed right now. An yeah... I'm thinking I'd take him at 2. :o

Davis 3-cone drill was faster than some of the faster WR's in this draft.... like Jahan Dotson! 9_9

DL Logan Hall did well, Knew he would; Seen him play a lot. Thibo disappointed me, Hutch looks good but not special? Boye Mafe is better than people realize. Idk... I think there are about a dozen really good pass rushing prospects.

Olave looks good, Kenneth Walker III will be a steal for someone, Devin Llyod and Damone Clark solidified themselves as the best ILB prospects(TO ME).

Troy Anderson couldn't help but get noticed. Idk anything about him though but, the combine always puts dudes like this on the radar. NO ONE was watching montana state games on ESPN or whatever. I'm a geek/nerd but even I don't go to those depths without actually getting paid. lol. 

I came in questioning Nakobe Dean up and down and he really didn't answer much. His team-mates did, and thats' been my argument forever about him.

( His teams great and he's allowed to play recklessly and free on miss-matches all over his stacked team against lesser competition.) That'll all change in the NFL and, IMO, he'll get man-handled. ) I was looking for him to workout and prove he's just as athletic as everyone says, or even dominate. 

A lot of people want to see Kyle Hamilton. He's special imo. I think we're gonna see a quick twitch athlete at  around 6'4, 220lbs. 

I'm looking at this draft right now and thinking I can make a dominate D-line for the next decade with the some combination of our first 4 picks. (2nd/32/34/66

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

Always happens but I've gathered a collection of draft man-crushes. DT Jordan Davis/ DL Logan Hall/ DE Boye Mafe/ WR Chris Olave/ RB Kenneth Walker III/ LB Devin Llyod/ LB Damone Clark.

Haven't looked at Olinemen yet or Tightends. No DB's either. 

I'd be thrilled to walk away with 2 or 3 of the above mentioned fellas. 

16 hours ago, MrLionzz said:

Walkers upside is greater than both Kayvon and Hutchinson's.  I would much rather have Walker at #2

Right now I want Davis @#2

dude looks as good as suh.

Edited by Miblue

1 hour ago, Miblue said:

Right now I want Davis @#2

dude looks as good as suh.

I saw this article below advocating for the Lions taking Travon Walker at #2.  He elite measurables that are significantly better than Hutchinson or Thibodeaux.    I am not sure if that makes sense or not but maybe he should be considered.  His stats are a little concerning.  I think evaluators will have to figure out if his stats are a product of how he was used, the fact that there was so much talent around him or if he might be a bit of a "workout warrior".  He may have more upside than most folks previously thought:  

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-georgia-travon-walker-candidate-123655722.html

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/travon-walker/32005741-4c33-5860-fba3-6bbb26e956a0

Travon Walker Numbers:

40:  4.51 (official)

Height:  6'5"

Weight:  272 Lbs

Arm length:  34.5"

Wingspan:  84.25"

Hand size:  10.75"

Edited by Just Want A Title