Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

2 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Shows what I know 😂 

Awesome signing! I’m sure this kills Seahawks fans to see

Honestly I thought the same about Sherman But the more I thought about it the more I thought that the Ravens would have to blow him away with an offer to sway him away from LA. No other team was reported to have him visit either so I felt pretty good about it once a few days went by that he didn’t sign with Baltimore 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to get wagner and Jones on the field together. At times they had reeder and Jones at the same time if I’m not mistaken. I definitely remember Reeder getting run over in multiple games while Jones was also on the field lol

Not sure about Howard though. He was tendered wasn’t he? So they pretty much already signed him unless someone else pays up with a 7 I think? Would be used for depth I’d assume. 

Also have to remember that Jones is a converted EDGE.  I wouldn't put it past Morris to look to move Jones, in some scenarios, closer to the LOS and let him largely work as a delayed blitzer who comes in off of one of AD's shoulders (forcing opposition to either break on of AD's blockers off to account for Jones - a sort of inverted-chip as it were - or not account for him.  Wagner has the awareness, football IQ, and still the sideline-to-sideline speed to be more safety net than anything else.

@jrry correct me if I'm wrong, but this is similar to how we used/deployed Weddle in the playoffs and the Super Bowl a fair amount.  Just in this case we'd be swapping Weddle for Wagner, which means we're going to need Rapp to rebound or Burgess to take the next step and up his play.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Honestly I thought the same about Sherman But the more I thought about it the more I thought that the Ravens would have to blow him away with an offer to sway him away from LA. No other team was reported to have him visit either so I felt pretty good about it once a few days went by that he didn’t sign with Baltimore 

Sherman's a smart guy and I'm fairly confident he's angling for a studio gig.  And he realizes that, in spite of what some guys like Boomer and Simms might have people believe, the surest way to ensure that is to suspend biases and be a conduit of information with an intelligent opinion (a la Nate Burleson - who has provided the rubric of late - and Ryan Clark).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

The question now is, what happens to Jones or Howard? 

I think Howard will remain depth—as well as he played in the playoffs, he’s never been the picture of health. I don’t think the team ever planned on having him be one of the two starters on the inside. 

As for Jones, we do still run a 3-4, which entails two starting ILB. Despite us having a lot of packages with 3 corners or 3 safeties, I anticipate him still being on the field for the majority of the snaps. He’s proven to be a valuable member to this defense pretty quickly into his tenure here and I’m sure the coaching staff recognizes that and wants to keep him as a key part of this defense as much as possible. I think the amount of 3 safety looks we had last year was more due to our lack of quality players at ILB. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Alright it’s been a full day since Wagner was announced… how long until Rams fans get impatient to sign Gilmore? 😂

Let's Go, so excited to have Bobby Wagner in the Horns Baby. Now Bring On Gilmore Now, lol. But seriously, doubt if that happens. But wow want a great off-season this would be, if would could grab on more of the top tier free agents. The Media would Really Explode, the Hate would truly amplified!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:09 PM, Dr LBC said:

Also have to remember that Jones is a converted EDGE.  I wouldn't put it past Morris to look to move Jones, in some scenarios, closer to the LOS and let him largely work as a delayed blitzer who comes in off of one of AD's shoulders (forcing opposition to either break on of AD's blockers off to account for Jones - a sort of inverted-chip as it were - or not account for him.  Wagner has the awareness, football IQ, and still the sideline-to-sideline speed to be more safety net than anything else.

@jrry correct me if I'm wrong, but this is similar to how we used/deployed Weddle in the playoffs and the Super Bowl a fair amount.  Just in this case we'd be swapping Weddle for Wagner, which means we're going to need Rapp to rebound or Burgess to take the next step and up his play.

To a degree, yes. I expect Rapp ends up in the hybrid LB/S role. I think Scott and Fuller are the starting safeties. 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:29 AM, RamsFan24 said:

Let's Go, so excited to have Bobby Wagner in the Horns Baby. Now Bring On Gilmore Now, lol. But seriously, doubt if that happens. But wow want a great off-season this would be, if would could grab on more of the top tier free agents. The Media would Really Explode, the Hate would truly amplified!

I'd rather have Clowney. I think the pass rush is more important. But I'd be happy with Gilmore too lol.

• Like 1

We have to figure out the depth at EDGE. Floyd and Hollins aren't a terrible duo with AD dominating in the middle. Lewis as a rotational guy is okay, though the chances he stays healthy all year is likely very low. I like the potential with Chris Garrett but we've not seen anything from him. We need 1 more guy that can start in a pinch and also play rotational snaps. We basically have 2.5 guys now. 

I wonder if Miller made his decision earlier if we would have been in the market for another guy or at the very least kept Ogbo. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

Do we know officially how much we saved with Whits retirement? There was reports from 12-16Mil and he’s still being included on the roster on Spotrac. 

Just trying to see what the cap is looking like with Wagner only counting 2.5 against the cap. I could be wrong and looking at it wrong but shouldn’t we be at about 22mil?? Obviously we need about 6 of that for the draft so 16ish?