Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

12 minutes ago, MDY10 said:
2 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Rodger Saffold

I’d actually love this. 

It's pure speculation on my part at this time, but it's a can worth kicking.  Really may depend on what and how Tennessee's immediate versus 5-year-plays are shaped - which largely may be a case of it they believe Tannehill is the guy that can take them to a Super Bowl.  Henry is an FA after this next season and they have been putting some heavy tread on his tires - and he came in with some relatively heavy tread already on them.  Now, I believe that Henry can be one of those types of physical specimens that can buck trends, that said - dude knows his value, he isn't going to extend for cheap, and by-and-large he is the cog that makes that offense go.

Ben Jones (their starting center) is a UFA this season, and AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons are going to be angling for extensions sooner than not starting next year.  There aren't any additional years left on Saffold's contract to move money around to, so either they go all-in for what could be Henry's last year in Nashville and keep Saffold (who I do very much believe is a key contributor to henry's success - dude's a beast, but their OL's run-blocking is insane) or they opt for temporary pain now for the better long-term plan.

3 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

With that in mind I'm going to throw a name out there that should go over well with folks and that I'm not sure people will be considering as a ring-chaser, but should be:

Rodger Saffold

Obviously, he's not currently a free agent, but with the Titans just inking Harold Landry to a fat new extension, and entering the FA period in excess of the cap ceiling to begin with, they're going to need to trim from somewhere and Saffold would be entering the final year of his contract, slated to pull down 6% of the salary cap total by himself, could find himself a cap-casualty.  If this were to happen, I'd say that would be a rather ideal option if Big Whit opts for retirement - slot in Rodg at LG to make Noteboom's transition all the easier, and shift Edwards over to compete for the vacant spot left by Corbett at RG, while also providing a bolster to the OL that already knows McVay's system and who our rushing attack was seting league-highs behind.

I agree with devoting some draft capital to the CB position, but I also expect Rochell to take a pretty significant stride in year 2 - as he was performing ahead of schedule for my expectations before he went down with his injury.  This is a deeeeeep CB class though, and DB is one area I have a great deal of trust in this front office to draft, moreso with Morris (a former DB coach in his own right) helming the defense.

Man I would love to see him in horns again. 

• Like 1

Reports from Jourdan on The Athletic is the Rams are offering Von a 2 year deal in the 14-16m a year range. Edit and she also speculates they're talking to Wagner already but nowhere near where he was paid in Seattle, something in the 5m range so we'll see what he wants.

Edited by NVRamsFan
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

It's pure speculation on my part at this time, but it's a can worth kicking.  Really may depend on what and how Tennessee's immediate versus 5-year-plays are shaped - which largely may be a case of it they believe Tannehill is the guy that can take them to a Super Bowl.  Henry is an FA after this next season and they have been putting some heavy tread on his tires - and he came in with some relatively heavy tread already on them.  Now, I believe that Henry can be one of those types of physical specimens that can buck trends, that said - dude knows his value, he isn't going to extend for cheap, and by-and-large he is the cog that makes that offense go.

Ben Jones (their starting center) is a UFA this season, and AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons are going to be angling for extensions sooner than not starting next year.  There aren't any additional years left on Saffold's contract to move money around to, so either they go all-in for what could be Henry's last year in Nashville and keep Saffold (who I do very much believe is a key contributor to henry's success - dude's a beast, but their OL's run-blocking is insane) or they opt for temporary pain now for the better long-term plan.

welllll….

The Rams, Niners, and Cards are all expected to make a push for Wagner. After letting Reeder walk it would be a dream to have Wagner and Jones together. Wagner grew up a rams fan.. wonder if that would help at all lol 

• Like 2

Not FA related but pertinent to other discussion earlier in the thread:

I'm not getting hyped yet, until I see something from a bit more reputable source, but still [Insert meme of Wolverine longingly-looking at a framed picture of Bobby Trees] allthesame.

• Like 2