ranked higher this year in points and yards
allowed

Lastly he can opt out in 2024-2026 if he
gets 90% of defensive snaps, a post
season birth, or makes the original pro
bowl roster in 23/24

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, MDY10 said:

Alright it’s been a full day since Wagner was announced… how long until Rams fans get impatient to sign Gilmore? 😂

I'm still not convinced Gilmore is that great of a fit.  Great player, sure.  But Gilmore's strength far and away is in playing bump-and-run and more specifically straight-up man-coverage.  We play zone easily 70%+ of our defensive snaps despite having the best CB in the game, and the amount to which we've run zone vs man coverage has really only increased since we went from Staley to Morris.

For the money that Gilmore would cost, we're really not getting that great of a return on investment.  He's a name, not a fit, IMO.  The money is better put towards a Fuller or Haden (I'm a little iffy on Haden because he's been very one-position in his time in Pittsburgh, playing almost exclusively LCB, and I'm not sure if that allows us the versatility to use Ramsey to his best).  Hell, bring Jackrabbit back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'm still not convinced Gilmore is that great of a fit.  Great player, sure.  But Gilmore's strength far and away is in playing bump-and-run and more specifically straight-up man-coverage.  We play zone easily 70%+ of our defensive snaps despite having the best CB in the game, and the amount to which we've run zone vs man coverage has really only increased since we went from Staley to Morris.

For the money that Gilmore would cost, we're really not getting that great of a return on investment.  He's a name, not a fit, IMO.  The money is better put towards a Fuller or Haden (I'm a little iffy on Haden because he's been very one-position in his time in Pittsburgh, playing almost exclusively LCB, and I'm not sure if that allows us the versatility to use Ramsey to his best).  Hell, bring Jackrabbit back.

Yeah that’s definitely valid. I’d almost rather have tyrann come in and play the nickel but I don’t think I’d mind fuller or Jenkins at all. I also don’t know how that would affect Jalen since he’s playing the slot pretty often. I’m sure they can get creative.. There’s a small buzz about LA wanting Tyrann but personally I can’t see it happening. 

20 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Fuller makes too much sense to me. The guy is talented and could be had for cheap after a down year for him. That plus the fact that he’d only need to be out #2 across from Ramsey, I think he’d thrive. 

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

How was he under Staley? I suspect he’ll only be depth and ST on our team.

Most Rams fans cringed when he was on the field. The Niners beat us even last year in his one start against them by attacking him. I'd like to say nice things about any former Rams player but nothing comes to mind with Reeder.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Most Rams fans cringed when he was on the field. The Niners beat us even last year in his one start against them by attacking him. I'd like to say nice things about any former Rams player but nothing comes to mind with Reeder.

Who was the starter in front of him?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Who was the starter in front of him?

Last year I can't remember this year Travin Howard was ahead of him but got hurt in camp so it forced him into a starting position. He's good on Teams and he gives 100% effort on defense. I'm just not sure he has the ability to be anything more than a backup on D which if I remember your roster right he's 3rd or 4th at ILB? I'd wager he's there for ST and a player with knowledge of what Staley wants.

Looking back he started when Micah Kiser got hurt and that put him in there along side Kenny Young. He's not the same kind of ILB as Kiser so it really wasn't the best spot for him to play in. Like I said he gives effort he just seems to be that guy who makes the tackle on 3rd down but 2 yards beyond the 1st down marker. He gives up the reception way too easily too. This past year he was straight up abused by SF there could have been criminal charges against Shanny for the abuse he gave Reeder it was that bad.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Xenos said:

How was he under Staley? I suspect he’ll only be depth and ST on our team.

Lmao as soon as I saw the question about Reeder I was curious how bad the answers would get 😂 it’s safe to say There isn’t any Rams fans that are upset he’s gone. 

I went to the Baltimore game in Baltimore and happened to park next to Reeders family. We tailgated together and had a great time.. you’d think that would sway me in some way to like him more but.. he was such a liability even though he’d randomly have a game in which he actually played well and made a good play. Sadly they were just too far in between all the bad stuff.
I wish him the best and hope he grows into something decent but I’m glad I don’t have to watch him get targeted on purpose and run the hell over. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Last year I can't remember this year Travin Howard was ahead of him but got hurt in camp so it forced him into a starting position. He's good on Teams and he gives 100% effort on defense. I'm just not sure he has the ability to be anything more than a backup on D which if I remember your roster right he's 3rd or 4th at ILB? I'd wager he's there for ST and a player with knowledge of what Staley wants.

Looking back he started when Micah Kiser got hurt and that put him in there along side Kenny Young. He's not the same kind of ILB as Kiser so it really wasn't the best spot for him to play in. Like I said he gives effort he just seems to be that guy who makes the tackle on 3rd down but 2 yards beyond the 1st down marker. He gives up the reception way too easily too. This past year he was straight up abused by SF there could have been criminal charges against Shanny for the abuse he gave Reeder it was that bad.

The bolded is what I think also. Our starters should be Kenneth Murray and Drue Tranquil.

• Like 1