Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

57 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

There’s some rumors floating around about Tyrann and A. Hicks joining us. Would be pretty damn awesome. 

Mathieu wouldn’t be bad. Hicks is being recruited by ARob. The latter may be fine as long as he’s depth and rotational. Just completely unreliable durability wise.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Mathieu wouldn’t be bad. Hicks is being recruited by ARob. The latter may be fine as long as he’s depth and rotational. Just completely unreliable durability wise.

I just looked up the injury history.. quite a lot on there lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

He would be rotational depth behind Greg Gaines. We also drafted 2 IDL last year so not really sure we need Hicks tbh but vet depth at the right price isn't bad.

So… The Rams have been in contact with Gilmore and have made progressing talks with Tyrann… I was trying not to pay too much attention to no name reports but when Jourdan starts saying things I listen lol I really thought there was a chance to get one or the other but talks of both are popping up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MDY10 said:

So… The Rams have been in contact with Gilmore and have made progressing talks with Tyrann… I was trying not to pay too much attention to no name reports but when Jourdan starts saying things I listen lol I really thought there was a chance to get one or the other but talks of both are popping up. 

1. These are the types of things that happen when you're A.) a SuperBowl Contender B.) In a monster media market.

2. These are two guys who want one last big pay day. They won't get it from us, so they sign a one year deal to get a ring and find another pay day.

3. These are two of the positions we will not invest in long term (outside of Ramsey), so it makes even more sense. 

If we sign these two, it will be a longshot, but if we do the media will pounce on the superteam angle and say it's getting too out of hand, the chemistry and approach will never work. And the McVay will do what he does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

1. These are the types of things that happen when you're A.) a SuperBowl Contender B.) In a monster media market.

2. These are two guys who want one last big pay day. They won't get it from us, so they sign a one year deal to get a ring and find another pay day.

3. These are two of the positions we will not invest in long term (outside of Ramsey), so it makes even more sense. 

If we sign these two, it will be a longshot, but if we do the media will pounce on the superteam angle and say it's getting too out of hand, the chemistry and approach will never work. And the McVay will do what he does. 

I don’t think the Rams will sign both. They could sign one though. If they do sign both it will be for a 1yr deal so like you said for them to get a ring and then play well so they can get a big pay day next offseason from a team. 

The Rams staying aggressive bc they know how 2019 went after they went to the Superbowl. They struggled, went (9-7) and missed the playoffs. They don’t want to have a repeat plus they know AD isn’t coming back for nothing. He want another ring before he calls it quits. If the Rams continue to go all out to get guys to help them win now then AD will continue to commit to playing and it benefits the Rams. Plus the Rams lost a lot of vets/leaders in the locker room like Whit, Von, Woods, and Weddle on their Superbowl run. Having Wagner and potentially Mathieu and/or Gilmore will replace what they lost to continue to help what is still a young football team believe it or not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Seems like there's more Gilmore chatter than anything especially edge or are you guys reading something different?

Nope same here. Gilmore than Mathieu.

Maybe its a sign they want to see Terrell Lewis start opposite Floyd? Bring in a draft pick with one of our earlier ones. Probably sign a cheap vet to be situational after the draft. Takarrist McKinley is a name I'd watch. Pretty sure Morris was ATL when he got drafted. Kemoko Turay is a guy I have my eye on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Nope same here. Gilmore than Mathieu.

Maybe its a sign they want to see Terrell Lewis start opposite Floyd? Bring in a draft pick with one of our earlier ones. Probably sign a cheap vet to be situational after the draft. Takarrist McKinley is a name I'd watch. Pretty sure Morris was ATL when he got drafted. Kemoko Turay is a guy I have my eye on. 

I think it would likely be Hollins over Lewis, but Lewis will get an uptick in snaps. Not a great group with Lewis' health being such a concern.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I think it would likely be Hollins over Lewis, but Lewis will get an uptick in snaps. Not a great group with Lewis' health being such a concern.

Lewis is an absolute stud when he's on the field. I'm fine with a rotation with Hollins to keep him heathy and then unleashing him in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Lewis is an absolute stud when he's on the field. I'm fine with a rotation with Hollins to keep him heathy and then unleashing him in the playoffs. 

That’s how i feel as well. If Lewis can stay healthy, I don’t think they’ll regret not adding another pass rusher. I’ve been saying it since Von left. I think Lewis and Hollins will compete for that job and if they can stay healthy I really think one of them will work out. If anything, I think they draft their next Obo for some depth and sign either Gilmore or Tyrann.