Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Has that guy been legit on stuff in the past? If that's true, it means we have a good shot at landing Mathieu if he is willing to wait. 

I don't follow him but he shows up in my feed a lot.  That said, he cites "sources" then gives flippant reasons and defers to other people (who aren't recognizable or have any credibility themselves) as to why he can't reveal those sources.  I'm not saying he's a BS artist, but I get the feeling that he's one of those types that always pop up this time of year trying to get themselves jobs by inventing clout they don't actually have.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 5:27 PM, Dr LBC said:

I don't follow him but he shows up in my feed a lot.  That said, he cites "sources" then gives flippant reasons and defers to other people (who aren't recognizable or have any credibility themselves) as to why he can't reveal those sources.  I'm not saying he's a BS artist, but I get the feeling that he's one of those types that always pop up this time of year trying to get themselves jobs by inventing clout they don't actually have.

So, doing a bit more study into him, he appears to be a guy who is part of a Discord group wherein a far number of soft-sources bandy about stuff they're hearing.  They're not actually any media workers, but that doesn't mean they don't have contacts, so grain of salt and all.

I don't think he's someone necessarily trying to build clout for himself, but he's parrotting what he's hearing from other people trying to get credit for some of the stuff they're sourcing for himself.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Wonder if this means anything for Odell

Given that it's coming from the official account, I'd say they've reached agreement in principle and the deal won't be executed/announced until after the draft (3 days - possibly "business days" from now).  I think there is nothing gained from letting this leak out ahead of, say, Saturday unless they're also trying to play a few head games with other GM's and signal, "We're bringing him back so don't count on signing him... and we're not as likely a threat to take a mid-round WR, so no reason to trade in front of us or worry that if we call you wanting to trade up that that's the position we're targeting."

Conversely, it's Cam that's switching numbers here.  To the number he's worn since Pop Warner.  That doesn't preclude Odell resigning, because he only took #3 in the first place because he's traditionally worn #13 and that's Wolford's # (Wolford isn't even a lock to make the roster at this point and if Odell's about to come into a reasonable signing bonus with an extension, he'll have the money easily available to buy the number off Wolford).

Edited by Dr LBC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr LBC said:

Given that it's coming from the official account, I'd say they've reached agreement in principle and the deal won't be executed/announced until after the draft (3 days - possibly "business days" from now).  I think there is nothing gained from letting this leak out ahead of, say, Saturday unless they're also trying to play a few head games with other GM's and signal, "We're bringing him back so don't count on signing him... and we're not as likely a threat to take a mid-round WR, so no reason to trade in front of us or worry that if we call you wanting to trade up that that's the position we're targeting."

I sure hope they have a deal in place lol I had to edit my post after a tweet from Schefter saying it was all planned and OBJ Knew the number 3 was only for a year.

6 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I sure hope they have a deal in place lol I had to edit my post after a tweet from Schefter saying it was all planned and OBJ Knew the number 3 was only for a year.

I just addressed that last part in my edit into my post.  Have to remember, OBJ wearing #3 was the first time he hadn't worn #13 in his career dating back to HS (where he wore #3).

Akers wanted to go back to 3 like college last year but it would have cost him $500k to do so. This year he can change IMO this doesn't change any thing with OBJ. If he was going to sign here he still will. After the draft when we do some extensions too.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Akers wanted to go back to 3 like college last year but it would have cost him $500k to do so. This year he can change IMO this doesn't change any thing with OBJ. If he was going to sign here he still will. After the draft when we do some extensions too.

Moreover, as I stated above, if/when OBJ does come back I fully expect it to be wearing #13 as it has been pretty much his entire college and pro careers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr LBC said:

Moreover, as I stated above, if/when OBJ does come back I fully expect it to be wearing #13 as it has been pretty much his entire college and pro careers.

Wolford is going to make more money from Jersey swaps than from his contract 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Now that the draft is over, can we sign players and not affect the comp formula? Or is that in the coming days still?

Yes i think we can sign them right away. 

We have 6 M left and we still need DL/EDGE. 

Maybe Mathieu is still on play but i'm anxious we don't have any depht at DL/EDGE. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JonStark said:

And he signs. 😞

Wonder what we're going to use the Gilmore/Mathieu money towards now. 

I had a feeling we wouldn’t land him. Maybe the Rams felt the same way, seeing as how they heavily invested in the secondary over the weekend. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

And he signs. 😞

Wonder what we're going to use the Gilmore/Mathieu money towards now. 

Going to throw out some names:

Joe Haden

Landon Collins: Probably willing to take 1 year prove it deal. Clearly secondary is a concern based on draft/trade

Kyle Fuller

Anthony Barr

Linval Joseph

Chris Harris

TY Hilton

Rob Gronkowski

Eric Ebron

Takkarist McKinley

Sheldon Richardson

AJ Bouye

• Like 1