Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

I like Von but not at that price. Forget the 120 mil, the 6yrs when he is 32 no thanks. I’m glad he got paid and Buffalo sure need someone like him this upcoming season so they can stop someone in 13 seconds to win a playoff game.

As for the Rams, go get Wagner now, possibly Gilmore, figure out the other pass rusher spot and re-sign OBJ and Im good.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Hoping we can ad Wagner and Fowler to the defense. That would be amazing 

A lot of people saying Fowler.. I might be the only person extremely against it. If I’m AD I’m retiring if Fowler is the replacement. The dude has made bums look incredible his whole career and enjoyed having a premier rusher by him. Now he has to go back to triple teams and hoping floyd can make something happen. Von took forever to decide when they could have been looking at other options the whole time. 

• Like 1

Congrats for Miller. i find it overpay but hey, we can save money for others player that can play great with Donald. 

Myles Jack just signed with the Steelers. Hope we get Wagner now.

Also, what about Clowney for cheap ? 

Edited by Flounch

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

A lot of people saying Fowler.. I might be the only person extremely against it. If I’m AD I’m retiring if Fowler is the replacement. The dude has made bums look incredible his whole career and enjoyed having a premier rusher by him. Now he has to go back to triple teams and hoping floyd can make something happen. Von took forever to decide when they could have been looking at other options the whole time. 

I’m hoping those retirements rumors are just that, lots of speculation though. I can’t see AD retiring. Will be an interesting couple days in Lala land.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Glad we won the SB. He came in and did his part. Sucks we can’t get back a higher comp pick.

I definitely agree that it was worth it because we won.. but sheesh a 2 and a 3 stings a little when it’s for 3 months lol 

• Like 1

They can have him for that price. He did his job and helped us get the championship, but 6 years is crazy.

Wagner, OBJ, Gilmore, Clowney, or Mathieu are all targets for me. The first two seem pretty obvious, especially with Wagner not affecting the comp pick formula. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I definitely agree that it was worth it because we won.. but sheesh a 2 and a 3 stings a little when it’s for 3 months lol 

Not having a 2 and 3 don’t sting for me. That’s the price you pay for going all in and it paid off. Can’t have it both ways lol.

It’s going to be interesting to see what the Rams next move will be. Back in 2017 they gave up a 2nd for Watkins then tried to bring him back in the offseason but he chose to go to KC. The Rams turned around and traded a 1st for Cooks and that was a great move at the time. So it’s going to be interesting who the Rams now target since they lost out on Von. I keep thinking Wagner now. So let’s get it done. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

AD would have Dante Fowler, Bobby Wagner, Ernest Jones, and Leonard Floyd around him. That's probably better than the group with Von in 2021. It's not like Von kept the double teams away from him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

AD would have Dante Fowler, Bobby Wagner, Ernest Jones, and Leonard Floyd around him. That's probably better than the group with Von in 2021. It's not like Von kept the double teams away from him.

I think for me it’s because I don’t believe in Fowler at all. But also.. you added Wagner in there.. what do you know? 🤔 lol 

Just now, MDY10 said:

I think for me it’s because I don’t believe in Fowler at all. But also.. you added Wagner in there.. what do you know? 🤔 lol 

Nothing. But Ramrod said Fowler and Wagner. We should have the money for both with Von bouncing. Plus, while Fowler isn't a stud, he did give us 11.5 sacks in 2019.

Just now, MDY10 said:

Fowler with a rotation of Lewis and a draft pick would be nice. Maybe Hollins comes back and is actually healthy though his 965k salary can be dropped if he isn't healthy.