Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

Sucks to see Von go but they can have him for that deal. 6 years for a 33 year old is crazy. Thanks for helping with the ring, Von—good luck. Now time to move on. 

Im not crazy about Fowler but he did do well a few years back and that was with nobodies opposite of him on the edge. Would likely be cheap and we’ve also got Floyd on the edge now too. Wouldn’t be my first pick but we could do worse. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

There's other FA other than Fowler too. Hey get Wagner and bring in his guy KJ Wright too, they might both like to go against Petey. Aikeem Hicks, Barr there's all kinds of redemption candidates who knows what they'll do.

While true, Fowler won't cost us a comp pick. Same with Wagner. Plus, I like the idea of buying low on Fowler.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

While true, Fowler won't cost us a comp pick. Same with Wagner. Plus, I like the idea of buying low on Fowler.

I do too especially if we use one of our 3rd or 4th on a guy to work in behind him. Wagner next to Jones would be huge.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nothing. But Ramrod said Fowler and Wagner. We should have the money for both with Von bouncing. Plus, while Fowler isn't a stud, he did give us 11.5 sacks in 2019.

I’d be stoked with Wagner and would probably put me at ease if they were to grab Fowler then. But I get it, Fowler in this defense might put up 10 sacks. However, he hasn’t ever done much without AD and it just feels like we should be helping AD rather than putting more on his plate. Having Von didn’t help entirely with being doubled but it was highly possible that Von was going to take advantage of it.. we don’t know if Fowler will again. There’s also no doubt that offenses will never give Fowler the same respect as Von. That said, buying low has worked for us before and there’s good enough depth that if Fowler didn’t work out, it wouldnt kill us.  So I wouldn’t be upset. I’ve just never been a fan of Fowler. 

Im very thankful Von joined and won with us, just sad to see him go lol I thought he was definitely coming back on a decent deal. I’m glad we didn’t pay that 120mil though. Pretty understandable why he left. 

22 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

I do too especially if we use one of our 3rd or 4th on a guy to work in behind him. Wagner next to Jones would be huge.

Yupp, I didn’t think about Fowler not costing us comp picks. I guess it would be a very Snead-like thing to do. Agreed on Jones/Wagner. 

Probably a dumb question, but For everyone saying Fowler, is there a reason he didn’t perform well under Morris in Atlanta? And is there a chance he wouldn’t want to be in his system because of it? Or is it a similar system as to what La ran in 19’? 

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Probably a dumb question, but For everyone saying Fowler, is there a reason he didn’t perform well under Morris in Atlanta? And is there a chance he wouldn’t want to be in his system because of it? Or is it a similar system as to what La ran in 19’? 

Aaron Donald 

• Like 4