Free Agency Thread

BStanRamFan

“This might be it for me, what more do I have to accomplish? You see guys like Whit calling it a career to be with his family more and that’s exactly what I want. Losing Von hurts too”

That’s From Josina Anderson this morning.  I’ve been saying AD wants less on his plate instead of having to pick up the slack from guys like Fowler who MIGHT be able to take advantage of AD being doubled and tripled.. they need to show him they’ll be aggressive and not regress or he’s gone imo. 

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ahhh $hit. TY for the correction

We Can still dream about Wagner, Gilmore, and Fowler though lol I think that’s the only way I’d be happy with getting Fowler, if they get the other two as well but that might be too much 

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

“This might be it for me, what more do I have to accomplish? You see guys like Whit calling it a career to be with his family more and that’s exactly what I want. Losing Von hurts too”

That’s From Josina Anderson this morning.  I’ve been saying AD wants less on his plate instead of having to pick up the slack from guys like Fowler who MIGHT be able to take advantage of AD being doubled and tripled.. they need to show him they’ll be aggressive and not regress or he’s gone imo. 

I'll cry if he retires this young. He has nothing left to prove, but damn will it be disappointing to see him hang it up and not defend the title.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

Well if we were in the running for Von, we have some money to spend. Can't miss on a few of the big guys left if there's a legitimate chance that missing means we lose AD too. 

• Like 1

The clear message in that for me is, "Don't just go bringing him back Dante Fowler... (who produced because of AD), bring him a higher grade of guy who has proven he can do it as a pass-rusher on his own."  It doesn't mean you have to go out and get the "big name," once-prolific guy (which for the record could be JPP who is also a FA - though also coming off shoulder surgery and prying a South Florida kid out of Tampa isn't going to be easy).  But the guy needs to have shown to Aaron that he can do it on his own, command attention from offenses to limit them from being able to triple-team Aaron.  Maybe that's Jerry Hughes.  I'd argue, that could very definitely be Melvin Ingram.  Not sure I'd roll the dice on Justin Houston at this point, but if his name sold Aaron on coming back, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Well if we were in the running for Von, we have some money to spend. Can't miss on a few of the big guys left if there's a legitimate chance that missing means we lose AD too. 

That was my thought too. id be doing whatever needs to be done to keep AD happy. I think that he understands the cap situation and wants to make sure this team has a legit chance of running it back. He doesn’t want to put in the amount of work he puts in if they aren’t playing for a SB. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Uhhhh no more OBJ? Or Woods? Or WTF JUST HAPPENED

Honestly I don’t think Woods will be ready for week 1 and OBJ maybe for November. Skoronek clearly shouldn’t be on the field and Tutu is… Tutu lol I’m a BIG fan of Robinson but didn’t expect this at all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MDY10 said:

link?

because its not on her twitter.

and i saw on another forum someone said its from iosinaanderson?

well, her name starts with a j.