Rodgers Watch?

KingTitan

11 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Bring me the A-Hole

I said it after the Texans loss

I wasn’t taking the banana in the tail pipe when that shmuck in Nashville reported Rodgers was moving to Nashville 

F it go for it 

Do what ever it takes 

Maximize the window 

Yes Rodgers is a diva

Yes he hasn’t won squat 

The last 2 SB champs are guys who switched teams and found out the grass is greener

Time for the Titans to put their balls on the table and make the big boy move 

A Super Bowl win is worth something I would say lol 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If they were to make a trade they would probably have to wait till June right?

Or is there a way both guys could restructure or extend their current deals to move money around?

Im there is a way to get it done 

I just can't see why Green Bay would do it. Unless he said trade me or I retire so they try to get a decent QB at least in return.

If we are so cash strapped and lacking draft picks, I just have a hard time believing we'd do it. 

On 3/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, twotonebluenation said:

Yea this report can't be true, at least about us. You gotta feel for this to happen, Tannehill would have to go to a team like the Commanders and it ends up being a 3 team trade. I just don't see Green Bay taking Tannehill.

You're right.  What is Tannehill's trade value?

On 3/5/2022 at 10:16 AM, Titans fan 617 said:

Out of Denver Pittsburgh and the Titans, the Titans do offer the best chance for GB to get a reliable QB back in a deal 

That's probably not a huge priority in a potential Rodgers trade since they chose Jordan Love a few years ago.  They're going to likely go with the best pick package, so unless the Broncos aren't putting the #9 pick on the table, it's going to be hard to beat Denver's package.  And it's going to even get more complicated when the Titans lack a SRP as part of the Julio Jones trade.  Ryan Tannehill would almost certainly need to be redirected to a 3rd team where that 3rd team sends pick(s) to Green Bay instead.  Not saying it's likely but as a framework of a potential trade:

Packers Receive: #11, #26, '23 FRP (from TEN)
Commanders Receive: QB Ryan Tannehill, #28
Titans Receive: QB Aaron Rodgers

There would obviously be more to the deal, but as a relative framework.  I don't really have a good feel for Ryan Tanehill's trade value.  That would put Tanehill's trade value as roughly the 35th pick in the draft.

Some of these players I’ve seen go for higher draft picks, I see no reason why the Titans couldn’t at least get a high 2nd round pick for Tannehill if not more. I’m not sure of his exact value but you’re talking about a top 12 regular season QB? Sure the contract sucks but he’s still a good QB and for a team like Washington, I’d be all over him assuming they strike out on Rodgers, Watson, and Wilson. Although, obviously the Titans are not trading him if they aren’t getting one of those 3 guys(probably just Rodgers).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's probably not a huge priority in a potential Rodgers trade since they chose Jordan Love a few years ago.  They're going to likely go with the best pick package, so unless the Broncos aren't putting the #9 pick on the table, it's going to be hard to beat Denver's package.  And it's going to even get more complicated when the Titans lack a SRP as part of the Julio Jones trade.  Ryan Tannehill would almost certainly need to be redirected to a 3rd team where that 3rd team sends pick(s) to Green Bay instead.  Not saying it's likely but as a framework of a potential trade:

Packers Receive: #11, #26, '23 FRP (from TEN)
Commanders Receive: QB Ryan Tannehill, #28
Titans Receive: QB Aaron Rodgers

There would obviously be more to the deal, but as a relative framework.  I don't really have a good feel for Ryan Tanehill's trade value.  That would put Tanehill's trade value as roughly the 35th pick in the draft.

Rodgers is going to get traded to the place he wants to be traded too 

I don’t want to say the package they receive doesn’t matter because they are obviously not trading him for nothing 

Rodgers holds all the cards because he can just retire 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Rodgers holds all the cards because he can just retire 

And what exactly does Rodgers gain by retiring?  Nothing.  The notion that Rodgers holds all the card is amusing, but ultimately holds little water unless you truly believe he's ready to retire.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

And what exactly does Rodgers gain by retiring?  Nothing.  The notion that Rodgers holds all the card is amusing, but ultimately holds little water unless you truly believe he's ready to retire.

Packers get a return if they trade Rodgers. Nothing if he retires. He holds some of the cards just based on that.

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Packers get a return if they trade Rodgers. Nothing if he retires. He holds some of the cards just based on that.

I can safely say I'd rather watch him "retire" then take some crappy offer from a team he wants to go to.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

do you think the packers' front office thinks that way? i don't.

Yes.  Gute still comes from the TT tree.  Favre wanted to go to Minnesota, and Green Bay effectively told me him something less then nice.  As I mentioned in the Packers' forum, I think IF Rodgers asks for a trade then Rodgers asks for a list of teams that he's willing to be traded to.  If Rodgers tries to force a trade to a single team, the Packers call his bluff and say he's a Packer next year.  If he plays game, then the Packers take the best deal between the teams he's willing to go to.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  Gute still comes from the TT tree.  Favre wanted to go to Minnesota, and Green Bay effectively told me him something less then nice.  As I mentioned in the Packers' forum, I think IF Rodgers asks for a trade then Rodgers asks for a list of teams that he's willing to be traded to.  If Rodgers tries to force a trade to a single team, the Packers call his bluff and say he's a Packer next year.  If he plays game, then the Packers take the best deal between the teams he's willing to go to.

Maybe the opinion on Jordan Love among the GB staff and front office is absurdly higher than it is in any other circle, but the huge difference between Favre's situation and this situation is the Packers had a QB to replace Favre with. The current Packers(again, barring them having some weirdly high opinion of Love) do not. Acquiring assets to allow yourself to get another QB would seemingly be the priority, unless there is a willingness to just call next year a wash and pick one in the top half of the 2023 draft(and even then, acquiring assets from trading Rodgers could make that even easier too).

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Maybe the opinion on Jordan Love among the GB staff and front office is absurdly higher than it is in any other circle, but the huge difference between Favre's situation and this situation is the Packers had a QB to replace Favre with. The current Packers(again, barring them having some weirdly high opinion of Love) do not. Acquiring assets to allow yourself to get another QB would seemingly be the priority, unless there is a willingness to just call next year a wash and pick one in the top half of the 2023 draft(and even then, acquiring assets from trading Rodgers could make that even easier too).

Aaron Rodgers had a career 49 passing attempts when they decided to move on from Brett Favre.  Love has 62 career passing attempts.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Aaron Rodgers had a career 49 passing attempts when they decided to move on from Brett Favre.  Love has 62 career passing attempts.

Rodgers also wasn't constantly ridiculed for his performances in camp and beat out by a dude who did this in college:

R8Tv6GM.png

To be the backup for Favre at any point in his career.

• Like 1