Rodgers Watch?

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Rodgers also wasn't constantly ridiculed for his performances in camp and beat out by a dude who did this in college:

R8Tv6GM.png

To be the backup for Favre at any point in his career.

I'll chalk you up to someone who doesn't pay attention to the Packers.  It's okay, I don't really pay attention to the Titans that much.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'll chalk you up to someone who doesn't pay attention to the Packers.  It's okay, I don't really pay attention to the Titans that much.

I certainly don't pay as much attention to the Packers as you.

But saying Love and Rodgers are comparable in terms of how they're looked at as prospects before their "taking over" moment(if Love is getting that moment next year) just isn't accurate in the slightest.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I can safely say I'd rather watch him "retire" then take some crappy offer from a team he wants to go to.

My overall point is the Titans could have the best offer on the table but if he wants to go to Denver then GB will trade him to Denver 

GB isn’t holding an auction to see what the best offer will be for him 

Rodgers will tell them where he wants to go and then that team and GB will work on a trade 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The Packers don’t have to move Love so why would they move Love?

Hes not ready to be the starter yet and he’s on a rookie deal

They can still keep both 

Because they’re in cap hell and trying to work out both Rodgers and Adams. I assume that they have some tough cuts to make, and if they’re still trying to chase a Super Bowl, having a backup like Love doesn’t really help them.

Additional draft capital would help them fill those holes. 

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Because they’re in cap hell and trying to work out both Rodgers and Adams. I assume that they have some tough cuts to make, and if they’re still trying to chase a Super Bowl, having a backup like Love doesn’t really help them.

Additional draft capital would help them fill those holes. 

Loves contract isnt one of their bad contracts

If they feel he is the future then they wont trade him

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Loves contract isnt one of their bad contracts

If they feel he is the future then they wont trade him

I know he's not a bad contract.  I'm saying they're going to need to cut some expensive veterans, which will leave their team less potent, and they'll need to recover talent as quickly as possible.  They may have thought he was the future two seasons ago, but he's only got three years left on his contract with a fifth year option.  Rodgers is starting for, bare minimum, one of those years if he doesn't move.

If I'm Green Bay, and looking at potentially cutting someone like Preston or Zadarius Smith just so I can get my top receiver back, and I have a backup QB who, at best, will be my starter for a season before I'm paying him substantially (and who hasn't exactly shown much), I think about moving him in this weak QB class so I can get more draft capital to chase the window I have with Rodgers.

Like half this subforum says screw the future, get the chips to win now for the Titans.  Green Bay isn't any different.

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I know he's not a bad contract.  I'm saying they're going to need to cut some expensive veterans, which will leave their team less potent, and they'll need to recover talent as quickly as possible.  They may have thought he was the future two seasons ago, but he's only got three years left on his contract with a fifth year option.  Rodgers is starting for, bare minimum, one of those years if he doesn't move.

If I'm Green Bay, and looking at potentially cutting someone like Preston or Zadarius Smith just so I can get my top receiver back, and I have a backup QB who, at best, will be my starter for a season before I'm paying him substantially (and who hasn't exactly shown much), I think about moving him in this weak QB class so I can get more draft capital to chase the window I have with Rodgers.

Like half this subforum says screw the future, get the chips to win now for the Titans.  Green Bay isn't any different.

First you said move Love

Now you are saying move expensive veterans

Love isnt an expensive veteran

Moving on from expensive veterans is definitely going to happen since they are like 28 million over the cap

29 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

First you said move Love

Now you are saying move expensive veterans

Love isnt an expensive veteran

Moving on from expensive veterans is definitely going to happen since they are like 28 million over the cap

He's saying that they might move Love to gain draft capitol to help replace the expensive vets with cheaper draft picks who might actually play right now.

I don't see any universe in which Aaron comes to Tennessee

Of all it would require to get him...I don't see how it's feasible. If they didn't have Love and we could flip Tanny...MAYBE. But to even hear our name as an option - albeit from Florio - just doesn't seem rooted in reality.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I certainly don't pay as much attention to the Packers as you.

But saying Love and Rodgers are comparable in terms of how they're looked at as prospects before their "taking over" moment(if Love is getting that moment next year) just isn't accurate in the slightest.

It proves my point when you're not aware of the context of the situation.  The odds of Jordan Love being QB2 were highly unlikely given it was the first offseason/preseason impacted by COVID which meant that there was limited to no offseason activities to help him acclimate.  And even preseason was a reduced version and probably nothing more then glorified OTAs.  Expecting him to be anything more then QB3 would have been crazy considering Tim Boyle had been in the offensive system the year prior.

Rodgers looked awful against Baltimore his rookie season, but to be fair the entire Packers' roster forgot to show up for that game.  In mop up duty against New England in his sophomore year, he looked okay but nothing that would indicate that he was going to turn into what turned into.

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

It actually costs more to trade Jordan Love then it is for him to remain in Green Bay.  They save less then 100k by trading him, so when you factor in a replacement player (assuming a rookie QB) they're actually paying more for a backup QB by trading Love then by keeping him.  So unless the Packers are given significant value, keeping Jordan Love is in their best interest.