Rodgers Watch?

KingTitan

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Thought I seen something where GB said they wont be moving Love

There's really no reason to move Jordan Love for the sake of moving him.  IF Rodgers signs a long-term deal and someone offers the Packers a strong package (think Early Day 2 pick as the starting point for negotiations), then there might be motivation to move Love.  Otherwise, they'll let Love sit on the bench.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's really no reason to move Jordan Love for the sake of moving him.  IF Rodgers signs a long-term deal and someone offers the Packers a strong package (think Early Day 2 pick as the starting point for negotiations), then there might be motivation to move Love.  Otherwise, they'll let Love sit on the bench.

Ya that’s what I think will happen 

Moving on from Love doesn’t really solve their cap problems 

Not sure they get blown away with picks to trade him 

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It actually costs more to trade Jordan Love then it is for him to remain in Green Bay.  They save less then 100k by trading him, so when you factor in a replacement player (assuming a rookie QB) they're actually paying more for a backup QB by trading Love then by keeping him.  So unless the Packers are given significant value, keeping Jordan Love is in their best interest.

I’m assuming that they are moving him for draft capital. Not for his rookie cap hit.

The word on Love coming out of school was that he had the physical upside of Patrick Mahomes, but due to his playing style and level of competition in college would require time on the bench to learn the NFL game. The problem is he isn't hitting the upside. This is the same reason I think anyone drafting players like Malik Willis, Zach Wilson, etc. are setting themselves up for the same kind of issues. Quarterback is not a position where you can win by dazzling us with your physical gifts. It's a position that is won and lost based on what is between the ears. The obsession with the "next Mahomes" is stupid. Do you really think there is an entire generation of physical freaks who can play backyard football and make it work in the NFL? There isn't. Mahomes may be the next Favre. Took us what... 25 years before the next Favre came along. GMs would do a lot better to try go find the next Mac Jones than the next Mahomes. 

The path to Rodgers would’ve been him simply wanting out of GB and willing to pull a Brady and take less money to get another ring or two. 
If he’s chasing $45-50+ million a year, which sounds like it’s the case, there is no Rodgers watch because the path to that number would require us to both completely sell the future while also likely making his supporting cast worse.

And Jordan Love is irrelevant. He might be great because that’s just how the Packers luck has been in my lifetime though.

But the team’s unwillingness to do the obvious and start the rebuild, see if Love has anything, and then either build around him or end up getting a new QB after a tank year is a nice indicator of how they feel. Desperately clinging to Rodgers and adding void years and restructures all over the place to make the inevitable rebuild harder and longer in order to ensure that Love doesn’t start on his rookie deal doesn’t really lead one to think they have a potential star on their hands.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I never got into it. Not one second did I think he was ever coming here. 

No one with any sense did.  It was all clickbait, and any journalist who pushed the narrative that he might come to Tennessee should be discredited.

Now, I guess it really makes sense to move Love.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

No one with any sense did.  It was all clickbait, and any journalist who pushed the narrative that he might come to Tennessee should be discredited.

Now, I guess it really makes sense to move Love.

Yeah it was just impossible to move him here. No draft picks. No money. 

HOW CRAIG?  HOW CRAIG?

Yeah Love is more ideal. But who wants him. 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'd be curious to see what it'd cost to get Jordan Love

Whatever we gotta do to start prepping for life after Ryan, we gotta consider it. Options, baby, options.

At least an 2nd. Maybe get talked down to a 3rd. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah it was just impossible to move him here. No draft picks. No money. 

HOW CRAIG?  HOW CRAIG?

Yeah Love is more ideal. But who wants him. 

Probably no one wants him, but he might be pitched to a QB needy team that isn't in position to draft a guy they like more.

There are way more QB needy teams than there are serviceable QBs this year.

Steelers, Lions, Colts, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Commanders, and Broncos all need QBs now.  At best, the trade market is Watson (maybe), Garoppolo, and Love.  FA options are a joke, and the QB class is poor.

I would bet on the Broncos if I had to.  Former Pack OC is the new head coach, and if he doesn't want Love, it tells you a lot about his development.

• Like 1

Yea. The only way I ever saw this truly happening was if Rodgers was adamant about being a Titan. 

We are just going to have to kick our qb thoughts and dreams down the road to next year.

I would only want Love if we could get him on the cheaper side. Which in a questionable qb class, his stock will only probably rise. I like the idea of preparing assets to acquire a qb next year. However you do it, do it.

I will continue to go into this year with heavily reserved expectations. Gonna be a weird year to be a fan.