Random Training Camp News 2017

SalvadorsDeli

There’s some early buzz after last nights practice about Taquan Mizzel and Tim White. Now I just need to hear some positive review on Ricky Ortiz. I hope especially White can come in and be that elusive #4 #5 receiver who can make some yards after catch like a Campanaro was supposed to be.

Mizzel could be a nice alternative if Woodhead went down, and when both him and White have some return ability, it might be worth giving them a chance when Campanaro can’t seem to stay healthy and Reynolds still muffs punts.

White is the guy I actually want to see make the team as the main returner... I just don't expect it to happen. Otherwise it's Reynolds. Campanaro is back off the PUP list now too. If he makes it through the rest of training camp with no injuries the returner/5th receiver spot is probably his. There might be room to keep a 6th receiver again though with all of the injuries at tight end.

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

White is the guy I actually want to see make the team as the main returner... I just don't expect it to happen. Otherwise it's Reynolds. Campanaro is back off the PUP list now too. If he makes it through the rest of training camp with no injuries the returner/5th receiver spot is probably his. There might be room to keep a 6th receiver again though with all of the injuries at tight end.

agreed, i feel he would be a great returner. Im not sure how his hands are though

39 minutes ago, paraven said:

agreed, i feel he would be a great returner. Im not sure how his hands are though

I don't think he had a problem with his hands as a returner or receiver at Arizona State. Just not a ton of experience on that level only being there two years.

Never saw hands with White as an issue. Unlike Campanaro, White doesn't seem to have the flair to work inside/into the heart of the defense, but more attacks it on the outside. He could be the first legit screen option for us though and also a guy catching short passes from the slot position to churn out 3-4 yards by using his short area quickness.

Can he stay healthy, that would be his big chance to win the position.

37 minutes ago, drd23 said:

As I said earlier:

Also @coordinator0 a bigger injury like Gillmore's deserves its own thread

I know this is what webbie wants, but we are going to have a lot of threads with less than 10 posts. Does that really do anything good for the discussions?

Also, this should be the end of Gillmore with the Ravens, which is too bad. He seemed like a great versatile prospect.

49 minutes ago, Danand said:

I know this is what webbie wants, but we are going to have a lot of threads with less than 10 posts. Does that really do anything good for the discussions?

Webby has some information that big, multi-page, multi-topic threads can scare away new members as it can be intimidating or confusing to follow the various discussions.  And seeing how this sub-forum needs more people when it opens up in 2 weeks, I'm happy to follow his directive.

And it's good to see someone's read the help/new forum thread at the top :)

I realize everyone in the NFL deals with injuries but this is just way too many year after year and particularly this early in training camp for it to be a coincidence. At this rate the season is gonna be over before we even get to the 2nd preseason game. 

Archived