Random Training Camp News 2017

SalvadorsDeli

Quick roster prediction before new injuries and the first pre season game. Heavy on UDFA's.

Taliaferro, Ortiz, Clark, Moore, Attaboy, Onwuasor and White wins out because of their ST ability. Campanaro is out with injury, and Canady is on PUP alongside Will Henry.

QB: Flacco, Mallett

RB/FB: West, Woodhead, Alleb, Taliaferro, Ortiz

TE: Watson, Boyle, Williams

WR: Wallace, Maclin, the awkward athlete, Moore, Adeboyojo, White

OL: Yanda, Stanley, Lewis, Howard, Jensen, Hurst, Eluemunor, Wesley

DL: Williams, Pierce, Davis, Urban, Kaufusi, Wormley, Ricard

ILB: Mosley, Correa, McClellan, Onwuasor

OLB: Suggs, Bowser, Williams, Judon, Smith

SS: Jefferson, Levine, Clark

FS: Weddle, Webb

CB: Smith, Carr, Boykin, Humphrey, Hill

ST: Tucker, Koch, Cox

This hopefully will put emphasis on drafting olines next year,

Ofc it is "unlucky" that our maybe primary backup decided to hang up the cleats, but we still went into the season with Hurst as a starter and not much of a backup plan. Now we lost our LG and his backup. Going into next year, we might look at replacing bot center, a guard spot and a tackle spot. If that is the scenario, we need some impact and not developmentalt guys.

On 8/12/2017 at 7:19 PM, wackywabbit said:

I need that sadder emoticon to deal with TJ Watt looking like an immediate stud in Pittsburgh. Derek Barnett also had a great debut. 

Derek Barnett were never a question about him going to look good. The question was whether his upside where high enough to warrant a mid first round pick.

All this trade talk about our dline/front 7. Imo it is too early and we should wait till we are either clear of pre season injuries or we get a much better feeling for the unproven players like Henry, Davis, Kaufusi and Ricard.

Yeah, I would rather the Ravens not trade anybody from their depth. It's more likely than not they would be taking back fifty cents on the dollar for them. And it's not like any of those guys would bring back a quality offensive lineman, receiver, etc. Leave the stacked defense as it is please.

Apparently Keenan Reynolds has continued to impress in training camp this week

And Josh Woodrum has moved up to "2nd string" behind Mallett since his performance in the Week 1 pre-season game.  Hopefully he moves up one further spot on the depth chart

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

Apparently Keenan Reynolds has continued to impress in training camp this week

And Josh Woodrum has moved up to "2nd string" behind Mallett since his performance in the Week 1 pre-season game.  Hopefully he moves up one further spot on the depth chart

I added Reynolds ro the wide receiver group in my latest roster prediction. He strikes me as a guy the team wants to succeed.

This tells me they do not like the ability to block from either Ortiz or Taliaferro. Also it look like they try to find a way to keep Ricard on the team.

Besides Willie Henry, I can't see us trading anyone on the dline based on the games so far. It will have to come down to how they practice.

Listening to Harbaugh, it very much seems like they see Zuttah only at center. Which means we either kick Jensen to LG and let Zuttah have another go at center, or Zuttah is a backup to Jensen and we keep Hurst at LG.

Either way, this just seems less than mediocre.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eric-DeCosta-Names-Four-Ravens-Who-Have-Stood-Out-to-Him/bc4701ed-6577-407f-a419-2446f775727a

Kamalei Correa, Keenan Reynolds, Chuck Clark, and Patrick Ricard. Interesting names for DeCosta to mention specifically as impressing him. Kamalei was making the team regardless but the last three all seem to be fighting for a roster spot (Clark being the safest of the three).

7 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eric-DeCosta-Names-Four-Ravens-Who-Have-Stood-Out-to-Him/bc4701ed-6577-407f-a419-2446f775727a

Kamalei Correa, Keenan Reynolds, Chuck Clark, and Patrick Ricard. Interesting names for DeCosta to mention specifically as impressing him. Kamalei was making the team regardless but the last three all seem to be fighting for a roster spot (Clark being the safest of the three).

I think Reynolds is the guy who is most likely to miss the roster. With Ricard taking snaps as a fullback, it seems the FO is keen on finding a roster spot for him.

From what we saw and read about Clark prior to- and after the draft, we knew he would have a decent shot at playing his way on the roster via special teams. I don't buy him actually taking many defensive snaps though. In everything I saw, he seemed like a huge liability against the pass. His arms look ridiculously long btw.

Archived