TCMD '18 GM mock draft build (open discussion)

ny92mike

I looked around myself for it @MKnight82 but couldn't find it.  

From what I remember, it provided the team the chance to make more than one offer on the team.  The Resign bid was a lower amount while the reserve bid was a higher amount.  With the current rules, the highest bid won regardless if no one else bid on the player.  You wanted to change it up, so that if you were the only team to put the bid in, that it would accept the lesser amount.  

There might have been more but I don't recall.

Some ideas:

Anonymous Document for Fan Feedback [Tweeter]

- Any team, forum member, or anonymous lurker/reader can access a form submission that creates a Twitter like feed of entries into Google Docs (whatever the excel version is called).

- Text box to create a message that acts as a fan would on Twitter, ie "My team is being cheap so far, could we being targeting resigning a superstar?"

- Two additional text boxes that populate sort-able (default is box1 time date stamp) fields that act as #Hashtags; one field for Team Name, another for Player.

- Example Box1: "My team is being cheap so far, could we being targeting resigning a superstar?" Box2: "Oakland Raiders" Box 3: "Khalil Mack"

- Could be interesting during draft to see a potential live stream of tweets like "big board has to have Josh Rosen near the top" for "Giants" "Josh Rosen" or whatever, the anonymity could be bluffs or actual opinion.

Individualized Team Goals

I think this is the Dynasty year to year roll over TCMD idea right -- if not this idea isn't important. Wouldn't it be cool to have to GMs post their team goal intents for the offseason? With the Fan Feedback being anonymous we could secretly say goals are too lofty or too easily met, but having prestated goals on what you are trying to accomplish may make evaluation of success easier to measure. Maybe a team just wants to shed veteran contracts and build solid youth depth and picks for the following year, in most single year mocks that offseason would likely be overlooked -- but could be critical success if the following year they realize their longer term goal.

23 hours ago, Trojan said:

Some ideas:

Anonymous Document for Fan Feedback [Tweeter]

- Any team, forum member, or anonymous lurker/reader can access a form submission that creates a Twitter like feed of entries into Google Docs (whatever the excel version is called).

- Text box to create a message that acts as a fan would on Twitter, ie "My team is being cheap so far, could we being targeting resigning a superstar?"

- Two additional text boxes that populate sort-able (default is box1 time date stamp) fields that act as #Hashtags; one field for Team Name, another for Player.

- Example Box1: "My team is being cheap so far, could we being targeting resigning a superstar?" Box2: "Oakland Raiders" Box 3: "Khalil Mack"

- Could be interesting during draft to see a potential live stream of tweets like "big board has to have Josh Rosen near the top" for "Giants" "Josh Rosen" or whatever, the anonymity could be bluffs or actual opinion.

Individualized Team Goals

I think this is the Dynasty year to year roll over TCMD idea right -- if not this idea isn't important. Wouldn't it be cool to have to GMs post their team goal intents for the offseason? With the Fan Feedback being anonymous we could secretly say goals are too lofty or too easily met, but having prestated goals on what you are trying to accomplish may make evaluation of success easier to measure. Maybe a team just wants to shed veteran contracts and build solid youth depth and picks for the following year, in most single year mocks that offseason would likely be overlooked -- but could be critical success if the following year they realize their longer term goal.

Trojan,

We could definitely work in your idea for a "Tweeter" feed.  I'll piece together something today to display as a sample.  Once up, we can tweak it as needed.

Also, like the idea for team goals, unfortunately I'm not certain this will get off the ground.  For this "keeper league" I'm going to need more help in managing it and as of right now, I just don't have the enough members.  Hopefully that will change in the near future. 

I like it, but I'm not sure the Player name input is working, I tried to write Eli Manning in it, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be manually typing like that or perhaps if it will be a 4213 - Eli Manning - QB type drop down when the mock starts.

20 hours ago, Trojan said:

I like it, but I'm not sure the Player name input is working, I tried to write Eli Manning in it, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be manually typing like that or perhaps if it will be a 4213 - Eli Manning - QB type drop down when the mock starts.

I can attempt to do a drop down list, but in the past a long list such as this would lock it up.

In the previous workbooks, you could create big boards for your own viewing.  Did anyone really use this feature?  

Trying to figure out if I should remove it, or if the layout could be better so that you guys would use it.  

I know its been awhile since you guys looked at this stuff, so here is one from last year.  Let me know if you'd like anything added or a different layout.  I'm currently working on building a new workbook that will house your personal war room info and draft info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AiJGXJj9AuYDj_YHpTCqVr-mSWMlEQFc3KUGKqJxU54/edit?usp=sharing

19 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

In the previous workbooks, you could create big boards for your own viewing.  Did anyone really use this feature?  

Trying to figure out if I should remove it, or if the layout could be better so that you guys would use it.  

I know its been awhile since you guys looked at this stuff, so here is one from last year.  Let me know if you'd like anything added or a different layout.  I'm currently working on building a new workbook that will house your personal war room info and draft info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AiJGXJj9AuYDj_YHpTCqVr-mSWMlEQFc3KUGKqJxU54/edit?usp=sharing

I didn't use the individual big board. I was so big that I found it overwhelming to sit down and fill it out. I tended to use the overall Big Board as a guideline personally 

On 12/2/2017 at 3:33 PM, ny92jefferis said:

@Trojan

So here is what I've got so far.  Not a huge fan of how the Tweets are displayed, so if you've got another idea let me know.

Twitter Form

Responses or Viewable Tweets

This is just a start but let me know if I'm on the right track and what you'd like to change with it to fit your idea.

I'm failing to see the point of this honestly. Am I missing something? I'm still planning on doing the Inside the Locker Thread with rumors and news. What does this provide differently for us? 

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I didn't use the individual big board. I was so big that I found it overwhelming to sit down and fill it out. I tended to use the overall Big Board as a guideline personally 

I agree it was a large task and since it was strictly private I opted to use the cbs big board over creating my own or I'd use it simply to rank the top ten positions.  

I'll leave what i got created in there if someone whats to use it, and perhaps we can eventually use it for submitting a big board if you know you'll miss your pick.

18 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm failing to see the point of this honestly. Am I missing something? I'm still planning on doing the Inside the Locker Thread with rumors and news. What does this provide differently for us? 

Personally, I'm a fan of the "inside the locker" thread, and getting more members to help out with that project is the way to go.  I do think that the "twitter" doc adds a quick and simple way to send out a message but in keeping with the thought of providing the forum with viewers perhaps we should keep these types of docs out of it.  

@EaglesPeteC I'm going to leave you to decide on what you want to use since you are managing this feature, I'm fine with what you decide.

off-topic:  We do need to discuss how best to handle the awards for this mock.  Last years, was good but feel we can expand.

7 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Personally, I'm a fan of the "inside the locker" thread, and getting more members to help out with that project is the way to go.  I do think that the "twitter" doc adds a quick and simple way to send out a message but in keeping with the thought of providing the forum with viewers perhaps we should keep these types of docs out of it.  

@EaglesPeteC I'm going to leave you to decide on what you want to use since you are managing this feature, I'm fine with what you decide.

off-topic:  We do need to discuss how best to handle the awards for this mock.  Last years, was good but feel we can expand.

I'd like to keep it just with the ITL Thread. If others want to help write on it awesome. I don't really see the need for the doc personally.

I think I did a Google Doc last year for awards and as many GM's who wanted to voted which worked. I think some people had issue with the nominees. We can revisit how that is done. I just kind of pick nominees that I thought stood out to me. Maybe a write in option maybe with an understanding that you can't write in yourself

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd like to keep it just with the ITL Thread. If others want to help write on it awesome. I don't really see the need for the doc personally.

I think I did a Google Doc last year for awards and as many GM's who wanted to voted which worked. I think some people had issue with the nominees. We can revisit how that is done. I just kind of pick nominees that I thought stood out to me. Maybe a write in option maybe with an understanding that you can't write in yourself

Would creating a form/responses doc for transactions, which could be voted on during the mock allow you a better fan perspective for creating the nominees?  So there could be one for the free agency, trades and the draft.  You could then draw from those grades to help in your nominee selection process.

Archived