Week 10: Battle for the Draft: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Acgott

Guessing Spags would be interim. Not that he would really deserve it. The defense certainly deserves a share of the blame. But how many straight games now without the offense putting up more then 24 points? They said it during the telecast... longest current streak in the NFL. That's pathetic. Sorry Macadoo I know it's not all your fault but yours has to be the first head to roll.

8 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

Guessing Spags would be interim. Not that he would really deserve it. The defense certainly deserves a share of the blame. But how many straight games now without the offense putting up more then 24 points? They said it during the telecast... longest current streak in the NFL. That's pathetic. Sorry Macadoo I know it's not all your fault but yours has to be the first head to roll.

I mean look at our personnel on offense, do you really expect us to hit 30? 

I didn't even watch the whole game, but from the snippets I saw Eli was constantly pressured from his right side. This year heck id might blame the defense more simply due to expectations and the fact this offense is injured all over. 

6 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

We won the battle for the draft pick. I say keep Mcadoo as coach till the end of the season to make sure we keep on losing so we can have a top 3 draft pick. 

Honestly if you want a top 3 pick then firing McAdoo would be the thing to do. I willing to be that we'd wouldn't be any better without him.

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean look at our personnel on offense, do you really expect us to hit 30? 

I didn't even watch the whole game, but from the snippets I saw Eli was constantly pressured from his right side. This year heck id might blame the defense more simply due to expectations and the fact this offense is injured all over. 

That streak extends well into last season... and yes.. with arguably the best WR in the league, a franchise QB, and an "offensive guru" for a head coach I do damn well expect them to hit 30 pretty often.

25 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

That streak extends well into last season... and yes.. with arguably the best WR in the league, a franchise QB, and an "offensive guru" for a head coach I do damn well expect them to hit 30 pretty often.

Not with this protection that is handicapping the playbook and the QB. You have lower your expectations if you think we can score 30 regularly with a bad o-line and an immobile QB.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:19 PM, GMENNATION said:

Call me selfish but for one lazy sunday afternoon, I'd love the Giants to give me some entertainment and dominate. Without the Yankees in my life, the Giants are all I have and they're doing more damage than good :/

I did not get my wish.. However, let's play some GOOD/BAD for the hell of it. 

GOOD:

Sterling Shepard - I will be honest that I thought he'd get bottled up having to be a #1 guy but the dude is putting in max effort and making big plays. Gives me more confidence in him than I have had. Getting him some big time reps this year will (hopefully) only make us better next year when we are at full strength.

Evan Engram - This one is obvious. The dude keeps scoring TDs and that is extremely important. We have three legit weapons in the passing game.

Orleans Darkwa - Do I want him as my long-term starting RB? Absolutely not. But he is running hard and falling forward. Having that type of guy that can come in a put a game away (if we ever actually have a lead) is huge. He deserves another contract.

BAD:

Roger Lewis III - These games are proving that he can't be our long-term 3rd receiver. Maybe this should be in the GOOD category because we're figuring it out now? Either way, he's not getting open, not putting up any numbers. Maybe his ST abilities keep him on the roster but he's not not looking like the answer on offense. 

Janoris Jenkins - No need to elaborate here.

Ben McAdoo - Also no need for elaboration but it's his attitude toward his suckiness that really enrages me. Stop being such a prick.

OV/JPP - Don't care how beat up you are. If you're making that much money, there is no excuse for no sacks in three straight games. 

Archived