Jump to content
Acgott

Week 10: Battle for the Draft: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

So then if your claiming it is the Oline's lack of protection is the main reason the offense has struggled for 2 seasons then you are directly implicating Reese as the primary point of blame...

Never said Reese was blameless. Just not gonna put everything on him. We have 3 high picks invested in that line. He hasn't completely neglected it. But yeah if you wanna criticise Reese, I guess you can criticise him for not prioritising it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The qb has always had sht for brains. It's just manifesting now to a greater degree, and more visible than ever because we have a weak offensive line. But many teams in the NFL have weak o-lines, and they are still able to produce more despite not having anywhere close to the amount of weapons that Eli has had at his disposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ohbeejay said:

The qb has always had sht for brains. It's just manifesting now to a greater degree, and more visible than ever because we have a weak offensive line. But many teams in the NFL have weak o-lines, and they are still able to produce more despite not having anywhere close to the amount of weapons that Eli has had at his disposal.

Have you seen the Bengals? 

Have you seen Houston

Have you seen Detroit?

All are offenses hampered by their o-line

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 9:40 AM, Kip Smithers said:

Never said Reese was blameless. Just not gonna put everything on him. We have 3 high picks invested in that line. He hasn't completely neglected it. But yeah if you wanna criticise Reese, I guess you can criticise him for not prioritising it

Where the pick was made doesn't mean the pick was good.  C'mon now. 

 

Also the Seahawks are lucky to have done so well withe O-line they've had.  Wilson frequently makes defenses pay while scrambling.  Eli can't do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

Where the pick was made doesn't mean the pick was good.  C'mon now. 

 

Also the Seahawks are lucky to have done so well withe O-line they've had.  Wilson frequently makes defenses pay while scrambling.  Eli can't do that.

Uhh where the pick was made absolutely matters if you're arguing how much emphasis he has put into fixing the o-line. Pugh and Richburg are good picks by many accounts. Flowers has been largely bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Uhh where the pick was made absolutely matters if you're arguing how much emphasis he has put into fixing the o-line. Pugh and Richburg are good picks by many accounts. Flowers has been largely bad. 

My point is just because it's a high pick doesn't make it a good pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GmenSeattle said:

My point is just because it's a high pick doesn't make it a good pick...

Yes I know that, but if it's a high pick it sorta lets you know how serious you are in addressing group. So spending 3 high picks shows that he isn't just neglecting the position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 6:03 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Have you seen the Bengals? 

Have you seen Houston

Have you seen Detroit?

All are offenses hampered by their o-line

 

All of those teams have sht for brains QBs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×