J.C. Jackson (CB) is a MUST (JET) once he hits the open FA market.

J.C. Jackson;   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Faithful: Do you want J.C. Jackson as our Future #1 CB?

His 25 Career INTs throughout only his 1st 4 Years has been extremely impressive.

• 14th All-Time by a player younger than 27 years old and in comparison has recorded even 1 more INT than even #21 Primetime HOF Deion Sanders had before turning 27 years of age (25 vs. 24).

But his 17 INTs throughout his previous two seasons alone is even 10x more impressive as a (lockdown ball hawking) CB.

• Because even Hall of Fame DB Night Train Lane recorded a whooping 17 INTs throughout his First 2 years of 1952 and 1953 (in comparison). 

• PS: The most INTs that even Deion Sanders ever had during his two greatest INT peak years were only 13 INTs combined (1993 and 1994) and even if you take Primetime's 4 greatest individual INT seasons of 1991/1993/1994/1998 = 23 INTs (25 vs. 23) and to think this kid is just getting started; is scary.

What this kid has (already) accomplished @ only 26 years old is extremely special despite playing CB within an NFL league that makes it almost impossible for DBs to pick off QBs; but his greatness goes way beyond his Ball Hawking INT abilities (see below). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 INTs (0 TDs allowed).

45 Targets.

22 completions allowed.

• 48.9% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 38.8.

(Revis of 2009 is the lowest of All-Time @ 29.1). 

In comparison to Josh Allen who had the NFL's dead last 52.8% completion percentage in 2018 and Josh Rosen who had the worst 2019 QB Rating of only 67.7 (and that's his elite J.C. Jackson was as a 2018 Rookie).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 INTs (0 TDs allowed).

62 Targets. 

33 completions allowed.

• 53.2% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 34.1. 

(once again Revis of 2009 is the lowest of All-Time @ only 29.1). 

In comparison to Josh Allen who had the NFL's dead last 58.8% completion percentage in 2019 and Andy Dalton who had the worst 2019 QB Rating of only 78.3 (and that's his elite J.C. Jackson was as a 2019 2nd year player).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 INTs (5 TDs allowed). 

83 Targets. 

49 completions allowed.

• 59.0% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 66.5. 

In comparison to Drew Lock who had the NFL's dead last 57.3% completion percentage in 2020 and Sam Darnold who had the worst 2020 QB Rating of only 72.7 (and that's his elite J.C. Jackson was as a 2020 3rd year player).

8 INTs (3 TDs allowed). 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

• 49.1.% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 46.8. 

In comparison Zach Wilson had the NFL's dead last 55.6% completion percentage in 2021 and Zach Wilson had the worst 2021 QB Rating of only 69.7 (and that's his elite J.C. Jackson was as a 2021 4th year Pro Bowler + All-Pro CB).

Bottom Line

"Throwing @ J.C. Jackson has resulted in one of the lowest quarterbacking passer ratings in the league since dating back to his 2018 Rookie Year of only 46.9 (I'm comparison to Jalen Ramsey's 75.9 throughout his previous 4 years of 2018-2021) due to a combination of rarely getting beat downfield and his ability to produce turnovers. He has the man-coverage skill set that teams covet at the CB position".

I want this kid more than Davante Adams/Amari Cooper/Dalton Schultz (combined).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

JC is a great players and is perfect fit our system. He's still only 26 and is more than likely worth every penny he's going to get.

BUT.... our system isn't relied upon a shutdown CB. It's more focused on the pass rush and bc the pass rush is good, the CB play doesn't have to be as good, bc they don't have to cover as long. We'd be smarter to spend money or draft capital on a DE than a CB. Think of how much our young CBs exceeded our expectations in the 1st year in this system with no pass rush. Now imagine how much better they'd look if there was a pass rush (which we get Lawson back and I imagine get another DE somehow as well). Now this doesn't mean that I think we're set at CB, but I'd rather see us do what we did last year and invest in young guys. I do think we need a guy with ball skills, bc Hall is good in coverage, but cant catch a cold.

JC also wants a contract like Ramsey. And he's probably actually worth that. Ramsey's contract is 5yr/100mill (71mill guaranteed). And I'm not down at all with spending 20mill of our cap on a CB.

I also think that you think we have WAY MORE cap space than we actually do. We have 49mill in cap space right now. Cap is expected to go up around 20-25mill. So we roughly have 70-75mill in cap space. But bc of all of our draft capital... the draft is going to cost us 20mill. So that has us at around 50-55mill in space. Now JD just said last week, that he will not spend all of our cap, bc he likes to be able to have that money for a move or 2 if it proposes itself. So you better believe we will leave at least 10mill in cap space at the bare minimum to the side. So now realistically you're looking at around 40-45mill at max. Let's just go ahead and say that whoever we cut and resign roughly wash itself out (i.e. we resign Berrios at 7mill but cut GVR and Griffin, so it's a wash cap space wise). So we still are only roughly at 40mill heading into actually bringing in new players. Every FA you keep talking about is roughly going to cost us 1/2 that cap in 1 move. JD isn't going to only sign 2-3 players in all of FA. There's pretty much 0 chance he goes out there and does what you'd love and spend 13-15mill on Schultz and 20mill on Jackson and sign scrubs at some of our other holes bc now we have no money left. If you've paid attention to how he operates, that's not him at all. Look for him to more so go after the guy that will cost quite a bit less than the big names you think we will go after.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

JC is a great players and is perfect fit our system. He's still only 26 and is more than likely worth every penny he's going to get.

BUT.... our system isn't relied upon a shutdown CB. It's more focused on the pass rush and bc the pass rush is good, the CB play doesn't have to be as good, bc they don't have to cover as long. We'd be smarter to spend money or draft capital on a DE than a CB. Think of how much our young CBs exceeded our expectations in the 1st year in this system with no pass rush. Now imagine how much better they'd look if there was a pass rush (which we get Lawson back and I imagine get another DE somehow as well). Now this doesn't mean that I think we're set at CB, but I'd rather see us do what we did last year and invest in young guys. I do think we need a guy with ball skills, bc Hall is good in coverage, but cant catch a cold.

JC also wants a contract like Ramsey. And he's probably actually worth that. Ramsey's contract is 5yr/100mill (71mill guaranteed). And I'm not down at all with spending 20mill of our cap on a CB.

I also think that you think we have WAY MORE cap space than we actually do. We have 49mill in cap space right now. Cap is expected to go up around 20-25mill. So we roughly have 70-75mill in cap space. But bc of all of our draft capital... the draft is going to cost us 20mill. So that has us at around 50-55mill in space. Now JD just said last week, that he will not spend all of our cap, bc he likes to be able to have that money for a move or 2 if it proposes itself. So you better believe we will leave at least 10mill in cap space at the bare minimum to the side. So now realistically you're looking at around 40-45mill at max. Let's just go ahead and say that whoever we cut and resign roughly wash itself out (i.e. we resign Berrios at 7mill but cut GVR and Griffin, so it's a wash cap space wise). So we still are only roughly at 40mill heading into actually bringing in new players. Every FA you keep talking about is roughly going to cost us 1/2 that cap in 1 move. JD isn't going to only sign 2-3 players in all of FA. There's pretty much 0 chance he goes out there and does what you'd love and spend 13-15mill on Schultz and 20mill on Jackson and sign scrubs at some of our other holes bc now we have no money left. If you've paid attention to how he operates, that's not him at all. Look for him to more so go after the guy that will cost quite a bit less than the big names you think we will go after.

We've also got a lot of contract cap kill options too. 

• Release Sheldon Rankins this offseason = $5,441,176 in savings (replaced by anyone)

• Release Ryan Griffin this offseason = 3,008,706 savings (replaced by Dalton Schultz). 

• Release C.J. Mosley next offseason = $15,500,000 savings (replaced by draft replacement). 

• Release Carl Lawson next offseason = $15,000,001 savings (replaced by Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson). 

• Release Corey Davis next offseason = $10,500,000 savings (replaced by Amari Cooper).

That's a savings of over $50M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J.C. Jackson = $20M..

Dalton Schultz = $13M. 

Amari Cooper = $20M. 

Let me ask you a question. 

Would you rather pay...

A.) Rankins/Griffin/Mosley/Lawson/Davis over $50M?

Or would you rather pay...

B.) Kayvon Thibodeaux/J.C. Jackson/Dalton Schultz/Amari Cooper over say $60M? 

Even if we say freak Dalton Schultz and draft Trey McBride @ TE instead I just feel landing Amari Cooper for Zach Wilson and J.C. Jackson for Salah and our D = NY Star Power.

I'm tired of not having NY Star Power since #28 then #24 (and it's a big reason why we've stunk).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

I mean obviously I would love him here. He’s one of the best cb in football, plays a blue chip position and would directly hurt a division rival…..

My concern is it’s very unrealistic. Why would he sign for us?! We’d surely have to really overpay and that doesn’t sound like JD.

Its like creating a ‘Should we sign Devante Adams’ thread. Like of course we could do with an elite player but not only have we been a dumpfire of a franchise since the glorious RR days but we have a GM who won’t be a big spender on FA. So it’s unrealistic imo. 

In years past I have been one of the more outspoken members of the ‘spend money’ squad. This year I’m not going to look into it deeply as I genuinely think we will make smaller additions and just keep drafting.

Not going to get upset when big time players don’t sign here. You have us signing JC, Amari, Shultz etc. It won’t happen bro. 

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

• Release Sheldon Rankins this offseason = $5,441,176 in savings (replaced by anyone)

• Release Ryan Griffin this offseason = 3,008,706 savings (replaced by Dalton Schultz). 

• Release C.J. Mosley next offseason = $15,500,000 savings (replaced by draft replacement). 

• Release Carl Lawson next offseason = $15,000,001 savings (replaced by Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson). 

• Release Corey Davis next offseason = $10,500,000 savings (replaced by Amari Cooper).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J.C. Jackson = $20M..

Dalton Schultz = $13M. 

Amari Cooper = $20M. 

Would you rather pay...

Even if we say freak Dalton Schultz and draft Trey McBride @ TE instead I just feel landing Amari Cooper for Zach Wilson and J.C. Jackson for Salah and our D = NY Star Power.

I'm tired of not having NY Star Power since #28 then #24 (and it's a big reason why we've stunk).

So then we have just Q and JFM for DTs? No thanks, it's a position you'd like to at least have 3-4 good players there. We have Cooper for twice the price of Davis? No thank you. We currently have 0 good LBs if we get rid of Mosley, so that's leaving the whole LB room awful. No clue why some of you are done with Lawson already, but same thing goes... we have no DEs if we cut him. You're assuming Thibs is drafted by us.

But as I stated we only have 40mill to spend this year. So you're not signing Jackson, Schultz and Cooper. JD doesn't operate like that. I know that's what YOU want to do. But you HAVE TO think about how our team operates. And if you've paid attention there's 0 chance JD goes out and spends like that on 3 players and cuts a bunch of guys.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So then we have just Q and JFM for DTs? No thanks, it's a position you'd like to at least have 3-4 good players there. We have Cooper for twice the price of Davis? No thank you. We currently have 0 good LBs if we get rid of Mosley, so that's leaving the whole LB room awful. No clue why some of you are done with Lawson already, but same thing goes... we have no DEs if we cut him. You're assuming Thibs is drafted by us.

But as I stated we only have 40mill to spend this year. So you're not signing Jackson, Schultz and Cooper. JD doesn't operate like that. I know that's what YOU want to do. But you HAVE TO think about how our team operates. And if you've paid attention there's 0 chance JD goes out and spends like that on 3 players and cuts a bunch of guys.

Also his savings numbers are wrong. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets/

We can't cut Mosley, Lawson, or Davis and come out positive.

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J.C. Jackson = $20M..

Dalton Schultz = $13M. 

Amari Cooper = $20M. 

Would you rather pay...

2022 and 2023 don't merge into 2022.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

What am I missing?

Screenshot-2022-03-07-at-10-27-18-New-Yo

Anyway, those replacements will eat up that cap saving he created. lol