J.C. Jackson (CB) is a MUST (JET) once he hits the open FA market.

J.C. Jackson;   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Faithful: Do you want J.C. Jackson as our Future #1 CB?

Just now, JetsandI said:

• Release Sheldon Rankins this offseason = $5,441,176 in savings (replaced by anyone)

• Release Ryan Griffin this offseason = 3,008,706 savings (replaced by Dalton Schultz). 

• Release C.J. Mosley next offseason = $15,500,000 savings (replaced by draft replacement). 

• Release Carl Lawson next offseason = $15,000,001 savings (replaced by Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson). 

• Release Corey Davis next offseason = $10,500,000 savings (replaced by Amari Cooper).

Anyway, those replacements will eat up that cap saving he created. lol

Yeah, I'm saying we can't release Mosley, Lawson, or Davis and come out positive to start. Much less plop another $40M of salaries on top of that. Like this isn't even doable in Madden.

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah, I'm saying we can't release Mosley, Lawson, or Davis and come out positive to start. Much less plop another $40M of salaries on top of that. Like this isn't even doable in Madden.

Yeah.. That is why I said 22 and 23 can't be merged into 22.    Saints would be elastically happy if that was legal in NFL. lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Also his savings numbers are wrong. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets/

We can't cut Mosley, Lawson, or Davis and come out positive.

I'm clearly talking about 2023s offseason of next year (and not 2022s offseason of this year).

2023 Offseason (next year).

C.J. Mosley Contract = $18,500,000, Dead Cap of only 3,500,000 = savings of $15.5M.

Carl Lawson Contract of $15,333,334, Dead Cap of only $333,333. = savings of 15.0M.

Corey Davis Contract = $11,166,668, Dead Cap of only $666,668 = savings of $10,500,000. 

Combined savings of $41,000,000. 

I honestly don't think any one of these players are worth their contracts.

• Especially Carl Lawson who's already suffered 2 ACL injuries (1 NCAA blown knee and 1 Cincinnati Bengals blown knee) and now coming off another serious torn Achilles Tendon. And at 27 years old by seasons start he's damaged goods (and probably won't even be ready for training camp). 

Did his Cincinnati Bengals miss him last year? No. They made the SB without him (guy is super overrated by our NY fan base). 

C.J. Mosley had an overrated season and our Run D pretty much stunk with him despite his 116 tackles because he only had 2 tackles for loss behind the LOS (career low) and also 0 INTs.

The guy was non impactful and even PFF feels the same with an atrocious score of 42.0 in comparison to his 1 monster game in 2019 with a score of 75.0 and especially during his big years in Baltimore with scores of 71.2, 66.9, 76.3, 72.2 and 70.1. 

No. I'm not a be all end all with PFF I like the eye test 10x more but what I saw from C.J. Mosley last year wasn't the type of week 1 impact of 2019 and he's also really bad in pass coverage these days and come on man 116 tackles but only 2 of them were for loss?

He's turning 30 years old before this season too. I'm 100% in favor of him being here for 2022 but come 2023 @ 31 years old and @ $18.5M per year? Heck no. 

We need to draft our next Marvin Jones or next Jonathan Vilma or next David Harris; because this guy (long-term) isn't the answer..

• Don't even get me started 27 year old on Amari Cooper (or Davante Adams) vs. 27 year old Corey Davis in terms of which WR would help Zach Wilson tremendously (because there is no comparison). Amari Cooper would do for Zach Wilson what Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen and unfortunately; Corey Davis can't. 

Yes. Come 2023s Offseason I'd much rather have $41M in savings instead of C.J. Mosley/Carl Lawson/Corey Davis.

Because I'd take both of Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson over all 3 combined (team impact wise). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Indecisive on this guy. I could go either way but nowhere near $20m, not from an UDFA that BB made. 

If Bill Belichick "made" J.C. Jackson, well, then; how many other CBs throughout his 25 year NFL head coaching career has he ever "made" record 25 INTs throughout their first 4 years and/or also 17 INTs during a 2 year period? 

Bill Belichick did not make J.C. Jackson just like he didn't make 6th round Tom Brady (Bill Belichick has a career losing below .500 record without Tom Brady). 

Let me guess. 

• Jerry Glanville made Deion Sanders during Primetime's 1st 5 years in Atlanta?

• Or was it Rich Kotite who made an undrafted walk on Wayne Chrebet during Wayne Chrebet's first two NFL years of 1995 and 1996?

Bill Belichick made nothing. This kid is an absolute NFL Superstar CB. 

23 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

If Bill Belichick "made" J.C. Jackson, well, then; how many other CBs throughout his 25 year NFL head coaching career has he ever "made" record 25 INTs throughout their first 4 years and/or also 17 INTs during a 2 year period? 

Bill Belichick did not make J.C. Jackson just like he didn't make 6th round Tom Brady (Bill Belichick has a career losing below .500 record without Tom Brady). 

Let me guess. 

• Or was it Rich Kotite who made an undrafted walk on Wayne Chrebet during Wayne Chrebet's first two NFL years of 1995 and 1996?

SH*t brother dont take this so personal. I simple proceed with caution when it comes to Patriot FAs especially the DBs. BB is a DB genius and always has been. I will admit...his resume thus far (JC Jackson) is very impressive. $20m though? I dunno. 

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Let me guess. 

Said no one ever.

Billy B has a history of having productive defensive players leave his defense and fail to produce at the same level.

Watch most of JCJs interceptions from this year. These aren't all perfect coverage takeaways, a lot are just right-place, right-time deflections or poor throws from poor QB play. And again, this year was his first year as #1 CB and his competition wasn't all the strong. These are just too many question marks for a guy asking for 20M/year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Said no one ever.

Billy B has a history of having productive defensive players leave his defense and fail to produce at the same level.

Watch most of JCJs interceptions from this year. These aren't all perfect coverage takeaways, a lot are just right-place, right-time deflections or poor throws from poor QB play. And again, this year was his first year as #1 CB and his competition wasn't all the strong. These are just too many question marks for a guy asking for 20M/year.

I don't agree that his 2021 competition wasn't strong he went up against the NFLs gauntlet of WRs and came out on top...

• Stefon Diggs 3x. 

• Jaylen Waddle 2x. 

• Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. 

• Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb.

• Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. 

• DJ Moore and Robby Anderson. 

• T.Y. Hilton and Michael Pittman Jr. 

• Brandin Cooks. 

• Kyle Pitts (plays a lot of outside WR).

• Jarvis Landry. 

This kid is absolutely awesome man and it's not Bill Belichick because...

J.C. Jackson (#1 CB).

3 TDs allowed. 

8 INTs. 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

• 49.1.% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 46.8

Vs. 

Jalen Mills (#2 CB). 

7 TDs allowed. 

0 INTs. 

65 Targets. 

37 completions allowed.

• 56.9.% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of a whooping 111.4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't notice the overall difference between the two? 

Because if it were all "Bill Belichick' and not J.C. Jackson himself then every BB CB would be putting up J.C. Jackson types of elite production but unfortunately for Bill Belichick; they aren't...

The Jets should make a strong push for J.C Jackson. He is 26 and still has 3-4 good years left. This is what you want, Sign him to a 4 year deal and move on. I'm so tired of the wait we have to save the money. Well at some point you have to spend to get there. It is not like we have a bunch of good young players that will get paid a lot. That will not happen for another 3 or 4 years and bye the time that happens J.C Jackson will be off the books. Then you add the extra 23 mill the cap will go up. The only young guys that will might need new contracts in the next 3 years is guys like. Wilson, Moore, Q Williams, maybe Becton, AVT, and no one else really. Let's face it this team is not filled with young great stars lol. 

• Like 1

I am Leary of NE dbs. Outside of Ty Law has any BB cb left the Patriots and played as well elsewhere? Bill is so good at schemes that he can frequently get his DBS to outperform their skill level.

It's a pretty darn big gamble to assume Jackson will be the same ball hawk for us. His track record against Diggs is alarming too. Diggs has roasted him and other wrs are going to study that game tape.

"J.C. Jackson aligned across from Stefon Diggs on 16 of his 20 routes (80% shadow rate), allowing 3 receptions on 4 targets for 60 yards.

Jackson has shadowed Diggs on at least 65% of his routes in all five matchups since 2020.

#NEvsBUF | #BillsMafia https://t.co/ydbPD9YVpP"

12 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I don't agree that his 2021 competition wasn't strong he went up against the NFLs gauntlet of WRs and came out on top...

• Stefon Diggs 3x. 

• Jaylen Waddle 2x. 

• Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. 

• Amari Cooper and CeeDee Lamb.

• Keenan Allen and Mike Williams. 

• DJ Moore and Robby Anderson. 

• T.Y. Hilton and Michael Pittman Jr. 

• Brandin Cooks. 

• Kyle Pitts (plays a lot of outside WR).

• Jarvis Landry. 

Diggs over 3 games: 14 rec, 196 yards, 1 TD (avg: ~5rec, ~65yrds, ~0.3 TDs)

Waddle over 2 games: 8 rec, 88 yards, 2 TD (avg 4 rec, 44 yards, 1 TD)

Evans // Godwin: 7 rec, 75 yards // 3 rec, 55 yards

Cooper // Lamb: 5 rec, 55 yards // 9 rec, 149 yards, 2 TD

I'm not gonna bother with the rest since those are hardly top 10 receivers with capable QBs (Waddle isn't either but he was #2 on the list), but yes they were all effectively shut down.

Now go ahead and tell me how that these guys weren't always JCJs main assignment and how you want to pay 20M to a guy who doesn't cover the #1 WR the whole game. I'm not saying he's not good - he's just not Jalen Ramsey money good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Diggs over 3 games: 14 rec, 196 yards, 1 TD (avg: ~5rec, ~65yrds, ~0.3 TDs)

Waddle over 2 games: 8 rec, 88 yards, 2 TD (avg 4 rec, 44 yards, 1 TD)

Evans // Godwin: 7 rec, 75 yards // 3 rec, 55 yards

Cooper // Lamb: 5 rec, 55 yards // 9 rec, 149 yards, 2 TD

I'm not gonna bother with the rest since those are hardly top 10 receivers with capable QBs (Waddle isn't either but he was #2 on the list), but yes they were all effectively shut down.

Now go ahead and tell me how that these guys weren't always JCJs main assignment and how you want to pay 20M to a guy who doesn't cover the #1 WR the whole game. I'm not saying he's not good - he's just not Jalen Ramsey money good.

So you named 6 WRs throughout a combined 7 games? Okay. 

Its Me Sport GIF by My Spy

Jalen Ramsey:

1.) D.K. Metcalf 5 receptions for 98 receiving yards and 2 TDs. 

2.) Brandin Cooks 6 receptions for 81 receiving yards and 1 TD. 

3.) A.J. Brown 5 receptions for 42 receiving yards. 

4.) Deebo Samuel 5 receptions for 97 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (+ 5 runs for 36 running yards and 1 rushing TD). 

5.) Davante Adams 8 receptions for 104 receiving yards. 

6.) Justin Jefferson 8 receptions for 116 receiving yards. 

7.) Mike Evans 8 receptions for 119 receiving yards and 1 TD  Playoffs (without the help of Chris Godwin too).

You J.C. Jackson examples = 46 receptions for 618 receiving yards and 5 TDs. 

My Jalen Ramsey examples =  45 receptions for 657 receiving yards and 6 TDs. 

Now go ahead and tell me how these guys weren't always Jalen Ramsey's main assignment and how you'd want to pay $20M to a guy who doesn't even cover the #1 WR the whole game. 

This Is True The Truth GIF by Markpain

J.C  Jackson: 2021. 

3 TDs allowed. 

8 INTs Recorded. 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

658 Receiving Yards allowed.

• 49.1.% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 46.8. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jalen Ramsey: 2022. 

3 TDs allowed. 

4 INTs Recorded. 

98 Targets. 

58 Completions allowed.

624 Receiving Yards allowed. 

• 59.2% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of 71.1.

Coming from an FSU fan, J.C. Jackson not only had the better 2021 season while in coverage but had a much better year than Jalen Ramsey in regards to individual statistical production. 

Yes. J.C. Jackson is every bit of good as Jalen Ramsey is. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1