J.C. Jackson (CB) is a MUST (JET) once he hits the open FA market.

J.C. Jackson;   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Jets Faithful: Do you want J.C. Jackson as our Future #1 CB?

47 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

So you named 6 WRs throughout a combined 7 games? Okay. 

Its Me Sport GIF by My Spy

Jalen Ramsey:

1.) D.K. Metcalf 5 receptions for 98 receiving yards and 2 TDs. 

2.) Brandin Cooks 6 receptions for 81 receiving yards and 1 TD. 

3.) A.J. Brown 5 receptions for 42 receiving yards. 

4.) Deebo Samuel 5 receptions for 97 receiving yards and 1 TD catch (+ 5 runs for 36 running yards and 1 rushing TD). 

5.) Davante Adams 8 receptions for 104 receiving yards. 

6.) Justin Jefferson 8 receptions for 116 receiving yards. 

7.) Mike Evans 8 receptions for 119 receiving yards and 1 TD  Playoffs (without the help of Chris Godwin too).

You J.C. Jackson examples = 46 receptions for 618 receiving yards and 5 TDs. 

My Jalen Ramsey examples =  45 receptions for 657 receiving yards and 6 TDs. 

Now go ahead and tell me how these guys weren't always Jalen Ramsey's main assignment and how you'd want to pay $20M to a guy who doesn't even cover the #1 WR the whole game. 

This Is True The Truth GIF by Markpain

J.C  Jackson: 2021. 

3 TDs allowed. 

8 INTs Recorded. 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

658 Receiving Yards allowed.

• 49.1.% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of only 46.8. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jalen Ramsey: 2022. 

3 TDs allowed. 

4 INTs Recorded. 

98 Targets. 

58 Completions allowed.

624 Receiving Yards allowed. 

• 59.2% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of 71.1.

Coming from an FSU fan, J.C. Jackson not only had the better 2021 season while in coverage but had a much better year than Jalen Ramsey in regards to individual statistical production. 

Yes. J.C. Jackson is every bit of good as Jalen Ramsey is. 

All that proves is that neither are worthy 20mill. 

22 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Imo this below completely says otherwise. 

3 TDs allowed. 

8 INTs Recorded. 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

He’s a good player. Just not someone at all I’d spend 20mill on. And JD I doesn’t think does either. Just not his style.

I get that you like these high priced FAs… but fact is we’re likely to take the guys with more upside for a discount in areas. That’s if you’ve paid attention is how JD operates. So OJ Howard is a guy I could see JD loving. For example. Expect signing like that. Not Cooper, Jackson, Landry, Armstead, Williams, etc.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s a good player. Just not someone at all I’d spend 20mill on. And JD I doesn’t think does either. Just not his style.

I get that you like these high priced FAs… but fact is we’re likely to take the guys with more upside for a discount in areas. That’s if you’ve paid attention is how JD operates. So OJ Howard is a guy I could see JD loving. For example. Expect signing like that. Not Cooper, Jackson, Landry, Armstead, Williams, etc.

Sorry that is a New York Jets haven't made the playoffs in 11 years type of mentality. 

Because you can not win in the NFL without Star-Power (something we haven't had since dating back to #24 Darrelle Revis and before him #28 Curtis Martin). 

• We've got the NFL's #1 Ranked and Rated Draft Capital. 

+

• A+ Available NFL Salary Cap Space (3rd most in the league) @ $48,816,765 (under the cap).

And you're telling me that Joe Douglas is going to waste it all on mediocre JAGS like O.J. Howard and/or no impactful STAR player additions for major upgrades? 

Na. I'm not buying that. 

And fans keep telling me how Joe Douglas doesn't operate like that? 

When's the last time Joe Douglas has ever been in this type of position to absolutely STRIKE with his Franchise QB already under Center and on a Rookie Contract? 

The answer is never. 

No one knows what Joe Douglas is going to do and that's because we've as a fan base have never once been in this type of position before (and neither has Joe Douglas).

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

** Whole lotta stuff ***

Now go ahead and tell me how these guys weren't always Jalen Ramsey's main assignment and how you'd want to pay $20M to a guy who doesn't even cover the #1 WR the whole game. 

** More stuff ***

Wild enough, checking PFR (didn't even know they had advanced db stats), Ramsey wasn't on those guys all those times. Which makes you wonder why pay $20M for a guy you aren't gluing to a #1 but that's another story. At least we know Ramsey has been used that way at one point and was successful. JC is still a big question mark.

To follow up the rest, your post had me actually check the 2021 stats for both Ramsey and JC Jackson and it gets even clearer why they're numbers are so close: JCs schedule was trash. His stats are inflated by a stretch of super poor opponent performances (CAR, CLE, ATL) and that one game played in a hurricane. And those poor performances aren't just about the teams being bad, some of these were straight-up QB meltdowns (I think we all felt bad for Matt Ryan by Q3). I find it hard for a single CB to cause a QB to implode, that's a BB product.

Ramsey: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RamsJa00/gamelog/2021/advanced/

JC: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackJ.00/gamelog/2021/advanced/

But really, after watching Ramsey totally derail in the playoffs, I wouldn't pay him $20M either. CB isn't some irreplaceable position. A strong pass rush and a rangy S/ILB (or just great coaching) can make up for average talent on the outside. A CB can't be making QB money if they can't erase receiver from the game, rather have the money go elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yes. I love PFR; that's where I get all of my advanced statistics from. It's where I got these statistics (below) from...

J.C. Jackson: 2021. 

3 TDs allowed. 

8 INTs Recorded. 

106 Targets. 

52 completions allowed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jalen Ramsey: 2022. 

3 TDs allowed. 

4 INTs Recorded. 

98 Targets. 

58 Completions allowed.

624 Receiving Yards allowed. 

• 59.2% completion percentage against. 

• QB Rating against of 71.1.

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

27 minutes ago, J_E_T_$ said:

agree

We're top 3 in available Salary Cap Space (3rd) and if Joe Douglas walks away with mediocre JAGS such as the OJ Howards of the world as our shiny new toys?

Well then I'll become disgusted as a Jets fan because I live in Tampa Bay and guys like OJ Howard are absolutely awful. He's no different than the Ryan Griffin and Tyler Krofts. 

I'll never judge JD by his atrocious 6-27 record (.181%) because I understand the atrocious positions/situations that Mike Maccagnan (and before him John Idzik) left him in. 

But whatever he's been doing, hasn't been working. 

So if our NY fan base just expects Joe Douglas to sit there and take it? And continue to sign the same mediocre FA JAGs that he's been signing? Without going guns blazing after FA Star Power? 

I believe they'll be mistaken. Because his JOB and CAREER depends on a turnaround. 

There is 0.00% chance that Joe Douglas is not going to attack 2022s FA class (@ severe positions of need) without swinging for the NY fences. 

Once Amari Cooper becomes available? He'll do for Zach Wilson what Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen because Amari Cooper ranks Top 10 All-Time in both career Receptions and career Receiving Yards before the age of 28 and Dak Prescott would've been nothingness without him @ WR1. 

It's ok if we fail to land Amari Cooper (his choice) but if Joe Douglas doesn't at least go after him guns blazing and for Zach Wilson? Well then he better go and get an Allen Robinson or something.

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

We're top 3 in available Salary Cap Space (3rd) and if Joe Douglas walks away with mediocre JAGS such as the OJ Howards of the world as our shiny new toys?

Well then I'll become disgusted as a Jets fan because I live in Tampa Bay and guys like OJ Howard are absolutely awful. He's no different than the Ryan Griffin and Tyler Krofts. 

I'll never judge JD by his atrocious 6-27 record (.181%) because I understand the atrocious positions/situations that Mike Maccagnan (and before him John Idzik) left him in. 

But whatever he's been doing, hasn't been working. 

So if our NY fan base just expects Joe Douglas to sit there and take it? And continue to sign the same mediocre FA JAGs that he's been signing? Without going guns blazing after FA Star Power? 

I believe they'll be mistaken. Because his JOB and CAREER depends on a turnaround. 

There is 0.00% chance that Joe Douglas is not going to attack 2022s FA class (@ severe positions of need) without swinging for the NY fences. 

Once Amari Cooper becomes available? He'll do for Zach Wilson what Stefon Diggs has done for Josh Allen because Amari Cooper ranks Top 10 All-Time in both career Receptions and career Receiving Yards before the age of 28 and Dak Prescott would've been nothingness without him @ WR1. 

It's ok if we fail to land Amari Cooper (his choice) but if Joe Douglas doesn't at least go after him guns blazing and for Zach Wilson? Well then he better go and get an Allen Robinson or something.

You have to draft stat power. You’re not finding them regularly in FA. We had money and draft capital last year and what helped us the most? Our draft capital. Our 2 big FA signings got injured, but you can’t control that. But once again… JD didn’t overpay those 2 FAs. So once again… don’t expect JD to go for the biggest FA names. In fact I’d say he’s more likely to trade for a star than sign one in FA. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You have to draft stat power. You’re not finding them regularly in FA. We had money and draft capital last year and what helped us the most? Our draft capital. Our 2 big FA signings got injured, but you can’t control that. But once again… JD didn’t overpay those 2 FAs. So once again… don’t expect JD to go for the biggest FA names. In fact I’d say he’s more likely to trade for a star than sign one in FA. 

Why use last year as an example? We went 4-13. 

So 4 teams will get blessed with NFL STARS in Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson and Marcus Williams and Terron Armstesd @ 4 positions of need @ WR/CB/S/OT before heading into their draft...

But not our Jets? 

It would be awesome to attract two impact FA players before heading into the draft where we can hit a 1st two round grand slam because 11 years in a row of no playoffs is on the verge of becoming historically bad (it already is). 

I believe in building through the draft but without a couple FA starts you'll never win (anything).

JD in a sense has been bailed out by teams who franchised the TE's and WR's who the Jets might have had an interest in. CB can be addressed in the draft with a guy like Garner (who, rumor has it the Jets are enamored with) and is now considered a top 10 draft prospect. Frankly I would rather have him than any of the so called PR's in round 1. Knowing that it is an extremely deep draft at DE/OLB's. Heck I would be happy with Garner at 4 and Hamilton at 10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Why use last year as an example? We went 4-13. 

So 4 teams will get blessed with NFL STARS in Amari Cooper and J.C. Jackson and Marcus Williams and Terron Armstesd @ 4 positions of need @ WR/CB/S/OT before heading into their draft...

But not our Jets? 

It would be awesome to attract two impact FA players before heading into the draft where we can hit a 1st two round grand slam because 11 years in a row of no playoffs is on the verge of becoming historically bad (it already is). 

I believe in building through the draft but without a couple FA starts you'll never win (anything).

You think JD is changing the way he’s building the team from when we went 2-14 to 4-13? No he has a long term plan. I really highly suggest you start looking at what he values. Listen to his press conferences. His draft tendencies. Etc. He has preached the LOS will always be a focus. He’s never going to overpay and bring in a top name. He values high character, so there’s guys you just know he’s not bringing in. Etc.

Really gotta start looking at things from what we will probably do and no what you want us to do.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s never going to overpay and bring in a top name

I don't believe that (in bold) whatsoever. 

Players become top names because they've proven to be top dogs. 

PS: Carl Lawson was a big name FA and just because he got injured in training camp doesn't mean Joe Douglas is going to stop attacking big name players. 

I've even heard it from himself that he's always going to keep some available Salary Cap Space in order to STRIKE when an opportunity presents itself. 

• Joe Douglas is going to attack FA this year and with his Franchise QB on a Rookie contract he's going to strike like never before. 

Not sure how you can claim and tell me that he's never going to overpay and bring in a top name when A.) He overpaid for Corey Davis and B.) He signed a big name Edge Rusher Carl Lawson. 

'Never' is a strong word man. 

6 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

When was the last time we signed big name FA's and how did it work out.  I'll answer - NEVER.  Tannebaum loved FA's vs. draft picks.  Mac?  Perhaps its time to change the philosophy.  Get a good core together at key positions via the draft.  Use FA to supplement or fill those few holes AFTER we start to show promise. For proof of this, look at all the really good teams, how often do they spend big in FA?  They don't except for a guy to fill a hole like KC did last year with Thuney.

No one on this site is arguing that the FA's you like are not good FB players.  We are saying that spending that big on one player for this team right now is a mistake.  Getting a JC Jackson would be great if we needed that one CB to complete the rebuild. According to Rotoworld, Cin, Chargers, 49's, and Miami are interested in JC.  Makes sense since 3 of those teams are playoff ready and need to fill that hole.  I hope in a year or two we will be in that position where we can splurge on a big time FA to fill that big need to make us even better.

Like it or not, until Zach proves he is the guy and the coaches prove they are the real deal, we will build through the draft and get mid level FA's for now.  Last year JD got Lawson and Davis which could be considered a spurge but only because we were so bereft of talent.  This year is going to be more of a "fix the trenches" in FA, fill the holes via draft.  CB is most likely a draft thing.  WR could go either way.