2022 Minnesota Vikings Offseason

SemperFeist

My thoughts:

a) they have a team friendly contract offer on the table to Cousins (which he does not intend to accept)

b) they have various trade offers for Cousins on the table (which KAM does not intend to accept yet)

c) they have contacted agents to get a feel for what restructured deals might look like and lightly had trade conversations for potential movements 

d) they intend to convert Hunters roster bonus to a signing bonus eventually, especially if no one blows them away in a trade proposal  

e) they have a players cut list ready in case they need to go that route before the Wednesday deadline (meaning Kirk didn’t sign the extension and KAM did not yet accept a Kirk trade offer)

f) they are speaking to agents about free agent potential landing spots and parameters, showing interest

Basically there is no reason to rush. KAM is waiting to see if a) or b) move more favourably in Vikings direction before moving on to c)/d)/e) collectively.  Sound logic in my opinion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

My thoughts:

a) they have a team friendly contract offer on the table to Cousins (which he does not intend to accept)

b) they have various trade offers for Cousins on the table (which KAM does not intend to accept yet)

c) they have contacted agents to get a feel for what restructured deals might look like and lightly had trade conversations for potential movements 

d) they intend to convert Hunters roster bonus to a signing bonus eventually, especially if no one blows them away in a trade proposal  

e) they have a players cut list ready in case they need to go that route before the Wednesday deadline (meaning Kirk didn’t sign the extension and KAM did not yet accept a Kirk trade offer)

f) they are speaking to agents about free agent potential landing spots and parameters, showing interest

Basically there is no reason to rush. KAM is waiting to see if a) or b) move more favourably in Vikings direction before moving on to c)/d)/e) collectively.  Sound logic in my opinion

Exactly this. 

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

My thoughts:

Agreed.

• Like 1

KAM has his QB. Now it's time to more efficiently allocate our cap room to difference makers and not to safety/LB/NT/RB.

If we can free up some more cap space I'd like it for us to go after a difference  maker at corner or edge in FA.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I want to see the Vikings get in on the JC Jackson sweepstakes. 

Donatell talked about being aggressive and forcing turnovers, Jackson is exactly the kind of guy you want on the outside. 

100% this.

Z Smith has just been released by the Packers - He's a guy we need to be targeting.

If we can free up the cap space for those two guys it would be a big step for us to field an NFL standard defense.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I want to see the Vikings get in on the JC Jackson sweepstakes. 

Donatell talked about being aggressive and forcing turnovers, Jackson is exactly the kind of guy you want on the outside. 

I prefer Donte Jackson & probably will come cheaper.  Wouldn't be mad with either though

1 hour ago, viking said:

100% this.

Z Smith has just been released by the Packers - He's a guy we need to be targeting.

If we can free up the cap space for those two guys it would be a big step for us to field an NFL standard defense.

Agreed on Smith. Hopefully we can make the cap work to get him and it helps the comp pick formula, as if we had any meaningful free agent talent of our own.

• Like 1