THE DUKE

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

5 guys, i'd guess

Cam Taylor-Britt
Trey McBride
Sam Williams
Skyy Moore
Ed Ingram

I was looking at it trying to figure it out as well. He may not have given specific numbers so I wonder if Jurgens was on the list, but he went at 51 I believe. McBride had to be on there. I did wonder if Goedeke was on there for them as well. 

He said Hill was absolutely #1 on the board when they got on the clock, but there was like 5 guys they felt ok with at that time. 

1 minute ago, ochocinco4pres said:

He said Hill was absolutely #1 on the board when they got on the clock, but there was like 5 guys they felt ok with at that time. 

Interesting, i'd guess

Dax Hill
Logan Hall
Arnold Ebiketie
Kyler Gordon
Lewis Cine

I would guess in that order as well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Interesting, i'd guess

Dax Hill
Logan Hall
Arnold Ebiketie
Kyler Gordon
Lewis Cine

I would guess in that order as well

That seems to make sense to me as well. Booth would be an interesting one to consider, but hard to know where he stacked up with the injuries. 

14 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

That seems to make sense to me as well. Booth would be an interesting one to consider, but hard to know where he stacked up with the injuries. 

I get the feeling that we were likely out on pretty much anyone with a major medical red flag.

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

If it's 3rd and 8 and they rush up the middle for 6 yards over Carter, then job well done and their OC is a moron.

Haha. Usually in the NFL more than 2 yards on 3rd down is a passing play. So playing Carter at DT will give the offense more choices on 3rd and 3-5 yards. Not a good thing.

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Director of College Scouting for the Bengals did the podcast car wash this week. Said that in the 2nd round, they had like 5 guys they were targeting with 8 picks left. Then all the guys they had on the board were taken outside of CTB. Rather than risk losing him and dropping to another tier of player, they made the move up. 

He addressed Carter and Vollson as well. Saying that they have have been slight reaches, but based on their board and what they wanted, they didn't think they would make it to the next round so they made the pick to get the guy they wanted. Also appears Anderson was at least discussed with earlier picks and when he was available in the fifth they saw too much value not to move up for him. 

Slight reaches? Who were they afraid of losing them to? There were multiple round reaches and it's not clear they are better than guys picked after them. If we're going to make Carter a 3T, what makes him better at that than Brooks or Garrett or a bunch of other players taken later? How many snaps did Volson play vs future or present NFL players compared to say Darrian Kinnard? 

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

How many snaps did Volson play vs future or present NFL players compared to say Darrian Kinnard? 

Volson was bullying people at the Shrine bowl practices.  Kinnard was the one being bullied at the senior bowl practices.  Kinnard had buzz as high as the late 1st at the end of the college season, I remember people mocking him to us at 31 before FA hit, national publications. Crappy senior bowl, crappy combine, and he tumbled down the consensus boards and then went even lower in the actual draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Slight reaches? Who were they afraid of losing them to? There were multiple round reaches and it's not clear they are better than guys picked after them. If we're going to make Carter a 3T, what makes him better at that than Brooks or Garrett or a bunch of other players taken later? How many snaps did Volson play vs future or present NFL players compared to say Darrian Kinnard? 

We have no idea how the NFL views players. So it is easy to sit here and say that, but there is no guarantee those guys last. Again, no one clearly valued Garrett since he went undrafted. And brooks wasn't even on the draftable scale until 2 weeks before the draft on most peoples boards. Carter played well in the SEC and has traits the team likes and wants to develop. 

Who cares how many snaps vs future or present players. We just signed Cappa, how many did he have in college? If that is the case, Carman should be a monster as should Billy Price. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:03 AM, sparky151 said:

Haha. Usually in the NFL more than 2 yards on 3rd down is a passing play. So playing Carter at DT will give the offense more choices on 3rd and 3-5 yards. Not a good thing.

I don’t think you’re giving Carter enough credit versus the run. Sans has been posting multiple snippets of Carter making plays there.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, sparky151 said:

How many snaps did Logan Wilson play against NFL talent compared to Patrick Queen?

On 5/8/2022 at 9:30 AM, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t think you’re giving Carter enough credit versus the run. Sans has been posting multiple snippets of Carter making plays there.

I'd say you're making a lot of one play. That looks like it was vs Texas A&M who Florida didn't play in 2021. PFF graded him based on every play and gave him a 70.2 score for run defense, which is good but nothing special. They had him ranked #203 on their big board while the Bengals selected him at pick 95. 

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd say you're making a lot of one play. That looks like it was vs Texas A&M who Florida didn't play in 2021. PFF graded him based on every play and gave him a 70.2 score for run defense, which is good but nothing special. They had him ranked #203 on their big board while the Bengals selected him at pick 95. 

If you follow the link it’s a whole montage of plays, not just the one. The point is he’s not as incapable as you seem to be portraying. 

Also, since when is PFF the be-all and end-all for evaluating? If every prospect was victim to their PFF rankings the NFL would look a hell of a lot different than it does now.