2022 Offseason Discussion

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Interestingly Jordan wasn't projected to make a top grade NRL team, he was too big. His defense wouldn't have been strong enough and he was probably going to get hit really hard to with a giant strike zone. 

Top NRL and Rugby players make north of a million per year and also experience prestige in culture, I think that would be the harder part to turn dow, you go from a somebody to a no nobody. 

I mean top nfl players make a hell of a lot more than that and become a lot more famous. Unless being a big fish in NZ or Australia means more to them. 

6 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Bruce what grade do you give the defensive picks.

Good morning Proud Of You Reaction GIF

On balance I like them.

Some developmental guys who are athletes.

Still scratching my head about Emerson but will trust that the nerds know what they are doing.

17 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I mean top nfl players make a hell of a lot more than that and become a lot more famous. Unless being a big fish in NZ or Australia means more to them. 

If you are a famous all black you are set for life in a lot respects as it relates to different opportunities. Richie McCaw is treated like a king here.

If it was me I would only make the move if I was certain I would be a guy who is set to be brilliant  not someone scrapping for the 53rd spot on the roster.

In Europe good New Zealand playeds can make 2-3 million per year without learning a new sport, so that is better than being on the bottom of the roster 

Edited by Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Every year I transition from Madden to 2k with no real issues.  Not sure I see what the big deal is.

Yeah but you play on rookie mode. We know you aren’t going from all madden to all star

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bruceb said:

On balance I like them.

Some developmental guys who are athletes.

Still scratching my head about Emerson but will trust that the nerds know what they are doing.

thank you i am not telling you i scouted the university of Alabama Burlington

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, pf9 said:

I can't wait for us to blow out the Falcons this fall, the perfect revenge for the Hawks beating the Cavs in the play-in game.

Hopefully Watson will have no qualms about doing this to the team he rooted for as a child.

This post didn't age well. We play the Falcons in Week 4, during which Watson will be suspended.